Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
The Great Vampires vs Werewolves Debate Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Vampire (werewolves next!)
Dracula
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Eric Northman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Edward Cullen
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Sanguini from Harry Potter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:04 pm
kanani_star
The_Weasle_Runs_Rampant
kanani_star
It totally depends on which myth you're talking about.
Ex.: If you talk to me about Underworld's vamps and wolves, I'd rather be the Vamp. What with the classy way they live and how they are on top and all.

But if you talk to me about Stephenie Meyer's myth, I would much rather be a werewolf. To me being able to still be mortal but still having wicked powers is very appealing to me. The mind meld thing isn't but the alive and still some what human part is.
Don't get me wrong the vampires are very, very suductive too but I would much rather be alive then eternally inbetween, plus with being a werewolf, no blood lust and worring about turning on your friends or love.

User Imageso your on team werewolf?!? I do not like Jacob. He's horrible. He had to go and mess everything up! Now bella is sad and I'ts all his fault! she could have been way happier if he didn't do what he did, but noooo he thought it would make a differance! ya right! In his dreams. And if he had won (god forbid) he would have just inprinted after awhile and left her alone! He wouldn't of had a choice.User Image

Yes I do believe that's what I said, though if you had paid attention you would note I'm on both teams.
How do you know he hasn't already imprinted on Bella, hum? Why else would he fight so hard for her?
Please don't kill me for this one but...
I think Jacob is better for her. I don't find him to be the abusive boyfriend that Edward tends to be.
Now before you slaughter me for saying that, just look at all Edward does and go look up the symptoms of having an abusive boyfriend, you'll find that sometimes, and a lot in Eclipse, the two over lap. Though I do waver on him being abusive at the end of the book, so don't kill me!

Ooh! Someone from my book club was saying how she didn't like Twilight because it was a traditional abusive boyfriend relationship! I'm glad other people agree.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:13 pm
~Arabella Strange~

Ooh! Someone from my book club was saying how she didn't like Twilight because it was a traditional abusive boyfriend relationship! I'm glad other people agree.

And I'm glad others see it too. My friends nearly mob me to death when I say it. But my sister went through an abusive relationship so I think it's easier for me to see it than others.
I still like the books but Edward just bugs me when he gets that way.  

kanani_star

The_Weasle_Runs_Rampant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:40 am
~Arabella Strange~
kanani_star
The_Weasle_Runs_Rampant
kanani_star
It totally depends on which myth you're talking about.
Ex.: If you talk to me about Underworld's vamps and wolves, I'd rather be the Vamp. What with the classy way they live and how they are on top and all.

But if you talk to me about Stephenie Meyer's myth, I would much rather be a werewolf. To me being able to still be mortal but still having wicked powers is very appealing to me. The mind meld thing isn't but the alive and still some what human part is.
Don't get me wrong the vampires are very, very suductive too but I would much rather be alive then eternally inbetween, plus with being a werewolf, no blood lust and worring about turning on your friends or love.

User Imageso your on team werewolf?!? I do not like Jacob. He's horrible. He had to go and mess everything up! Now bella is sad and I'ts all his fault! she could have been way happier if he didn't do what he did, but noooo he thought it would make a differance! ya right! In his dreams. And if he had won (god forbid) he would have just inprinted after awhile and left her alone! He wouldn't of had a choice.User Image

Yes I do believe that's what I said, though if you had paid attention you would note I'm on both teams.
How do you know he hasn't already imprinted on Bella, hum? Why else would he fight so hard for her?
Please don't kill me for this one but...
I think Jacob is better for her. I don't find him to be the abusive boyfriend that Edward tends to be.
Now before you slaughter me for saying that, just look at all Edward does and go look up the symptoms of having an abusive boyfriend, you'll find that sometimes, and a lot in Eclipse, the two over lap. Though I do waver on him being abusive at the end of the book, so don't kill me!

User Image*shuns the both of you* NOT abusive! And Jacob said that he hadn't imprinted on bella. Edward is just protective. And for good reason!! Good lord bella! Can you stay out of trouble for like two seconds?!? Jacobs an a*****e.User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:31 am
hedwigs_

D'you know what would be good? A Romeo&Juliet style story about a Vampire and a Werewolf. Kind of... Horror/Romance/Tragedy
Does anyone know of an existing one?

I think the movie Underworld, or maybe the sequel, had that.  

Lady Pole
Crew

kanani_star

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:24 am
The_Weasle_Runs_Rampant

User Image*shuns the both of you* NOT abusive! And Jacob said that he hadn't imprinted on bella. Edward is just protective. And for good reason!! Good lord bella! Can you stay out of trouble for like two seconds?!? Jacobs an a*****e.User Image

There's no need to get all cranky about it. Let's see now, controls all parts of her life, has to know where she is at all times, controls who she hangs out with, kidnaps her and shuts her away when he's gone( yes that was done for her protection but she could have been easily asked or Edward could have just had Alice follow her!). Just think about it.
Oh and when have you known a guy not to lie? If you go back and read Eclipse Jacob gets very uncomfortable whenever Bella brings up the subject of imprinting, subtle hints that give you clues he might have imprinted.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:25 am
hedwigs_

D'you know what would be good? A Romeo&Juliet style story about a Vampire and a Werewolf. Kind of... Horror/Romance/Tragedy
Does anyone know of an existing one?

I think the movie Blood and Chocolate is also a fit. I haven't seen the movie myself but that's what it looks like from the trailers.  

kanani_star

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:29 pm
Actually, I meant that he's like an abusive boyfriend because in that relationship, he beats the girl and says, "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean it" and she stays with him cause she wants to change him and/or she thinks he needs her.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:17 pm
~Arabella Strange~
Actually, I meant that he's like an abusive boyfriend because in that relationship, he beats the girl and says, "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean it" and she stays with him cause she wants to change him and/or she thinks he needs her.

I know. The things i stated are just the start of an abusive relationship. After they get full control of the movements that's when they start the physical abuse.  

kanani_star

Lady Midori

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:48 pm
~Arabella Strange~
I was going to say vampires were sexy too, but I didn’t want to be the first xd
I didn't know if I should say it, but it was the truth so I did. Tee hee. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:00 pm
xd  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

CuppaT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:24 pm
I like vamps. They are so sleek and refined. It would be cool to be one (if you chose it and didn't have to lose your soul and become all evil) because one of my favorite myths about vamps is that they have incredibly sensitive senses: i.e. the touch of silk on their skin is even more erotic than on a human, the smell of roses or sweets, or anything else is heightened, the taste, their eyesight are all advanced. It just sounds so sexy (in some respects, in others not so much). Plus, vamps get to live forever as long as they are not beheaded or staked or set on fire by an angry mob (or slayer). And it would be so neat to watch the world change and learn new things.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:13 pm
Only October Girl
I like vamps. They are so sleek and refined. It would be cool to be one (if you chose it and didn't have to lose your soul and become all evil) because one of my favorite myths about vamps is that they have incredibly sensitive senses: i.e. the touch of silk on their skin is even more erotic than on a human, the smell of roses or sweets, or anything else is heightened, the taste, their eyesight are all advanced. It just sounds so sexy (in some respects, in others not so much). Plus, vamps get to live forever as long as they are not beheaded or staked or set on fire by an angry mob (or slayer). And it would be so neat to watch the world change and learn new things.
Neat -- but very lonely.

Yeah, your definition of a vampire sounds awesome!  

Lady Midori

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:51 pm
After everything that everyone's said... I still think that penguins rule all.

(Go pennygwins!)

User Image

I have GOT to read Eclipse sometime really soon!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:03 pm
Only October Girl
Plus, vamps get to live forever as long as they are not beheaded or staked or set on fire by an angry mob (or slayer). And it would be so neat to watch the world change and learn new things.

I would never want to live forever. I mean, just watching everything you've ever know or loved die or change... it's bad enough for old people.

Then again, as a young person forever, it might be easier to change with the times. But it's still hard to know when you make a friend that you'll outlive them, unless you make them a vamp too.

Queen (the band)
Theres no time for us
Theres no place for us
What is this thing that builds our dreams yet slips away
From us

Who wants to live forever
Who wants to live forever....?

Theres no chance for us
Its all decided for us
This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us

Who wants to live forever?

Who dares to love forever?
When love must die

But touch my tears with your lips
Touch my world with your fingertips
And we can have forever
And we can love forever
Forever is our today
Who wants to live forever?
Forever is our today

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

The_Weasle_Runs_Rampant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:59 am
~Arabella Strange~

Who are we talking about?!?!? Because it can't be Edward.  
dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff