Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
In the beginning... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

scintillio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:21 am
Mobius Nightshade
(Oh, and Bellabie, there are holes in all scientific theory of creation which allows the devout to retain arguement. The classic 'Missing Link' problem and the actual cause of The Big Bang are still not entirely evident, as you may recall. Let your mind be open...)

im sorry, but i love you for that~ heart
im not devout---but i am a believer of God--and somethings that science cannot answer, can only be answered if you rely in faith---

not to say science is always right/ wrong or otherwise---its just that man can only see so far...sometimes we have to wonder...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:31 pm
Mobius Nightshade
(Oh, and Bellabie, there are holes in all scientific theory of creation which allows the devout to retain arguement. The classic 'Missing Link' problem and the actual cause of The Big Bang are still not entirely evident, as you may recall. Let your mind be open...)

Ah, you mistake my meaning.
I did not say that science explains everything. I was not in any sense implying that. What I commented upon was the note at which I was left which seemed to say "today's science is BULL!"
Oh wait, now, it said precisely that. I do wish to be open minded, sir, but, I must implore, what do you think that this phrase was intended to say?
b  

Bellabie

Bellabie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:36 pm
Czar Liece

this is like infinity, no? Time will keep moving, and you can add to it--but it does not effect the flow or the outcome---because it has already been determined, by what ever circumstances their may be effecting your 'world', 'self' or 'lifetime.' sweatdrop please, lord, tell me some of that makes a bit of sense to someone...

Ah, yes.
I agree, assuming that time is forever, that making changes in the order of events still does not effect the total.

I still, personally, hold qualms against the way that you describe dimensions. You speak of, what are often considered, alternate realities, but call them dimensions. This is why I cannot agree.
b  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:29 am
Bellabie
Czar Liece

this is like infinity, no? Time will keep moving, and you can add to it--but it does not effect the flow or the outcome---because it has already been determined, by what ever circumstances their may be effecting your 'world', 'self' or 'lifetime.' sweatdrop please, lord, tell me some of that makes a bit of sense to someone...

Ah, yes.
I agree, assuming that time is forever, that making changes in the order of events still does not effect the total.

I still, personally, hold qualms against the way that you describe dimensions. You speak of, what are often considered, alternate realities, but call them dimensions. This is why I cannot agree.
b

ok, so are you saying that dimentions are like....levels? Levels of the same 'perspective'? Like, its the same lifetime---but with different 'chances'?
whee i truly want to understand because this is making me curious! i might learn something i never knew, or though about---

sorry if i'm a bother, but please, do try to discuss this with me.

*well, the reason it might come across as 'alternate worlds' is because ive actually seen a scientist who sort of, describe dimentions, as pieces of our world that are all around us, and might just hold 'alternate', for lack of a better word, selves...
I'm going to try to find the program i watched on the Science Channel, and send you a link.* ninja idea  

scintillio

Bellabie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:38 pm
A link? Please do, friend. I am due for more learning.

What I mean to say is that a dimension, from what interpretation I have learned, is something more scientific than an alternate world. As I know them, dimensions do not split off by the various possible outcomes of an instance, but, instead, are always the same reflected throughout all manners of time in space. As I am aware, they are the "essence" of all things, if you can understand. I won't be able to describe it properly because I am, of course, no expert, but there are quite a few.
Also, there is a PBS Showing that seems to sort of agree both ways. It is about string theory entitles The Elegant Universe. I have linked the online viewing page. (It is very long. I saw it over the course of many days and missed a few of the airings. I am due for another watch, I think)
Forgive me, if I am wrong. I am only a freshman in high school and am prone to many foolish mistakes.
b  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:48 pm
Czar Liece
Mobius Nightshade
The way I see it every possibility, every posible predictable outcome, is occurring simultaneously as we speak, as we have spoken, and as we will speak at the same time. All theories of universal creation are true, but only in the realm or realms in which they are true. All eventualities occur in the alternate timelines which are threaded about this one, like a great celestial braid of Infinite Possibility. The differences between timelines may just be minor variants, like the outcome of a coin toss, or extravagant, dratic changes, like the dominant species of the planet. And these events are repeaeating themselves all the time, meaning the past, present, and future all coincide with each other. It is the psychic reception of visual data from these alternate timelines occuring at the ssame time that we call deja vu; the reception of a memory from another version of yourself during an unconscious state to be instantly recalled before a similar event occurs in the timeline you consciously experience. This may also be the basis of idea creation; the fact that every story you write may actually be a reality in another timeline which some mechanism in your biological machinery is able to pick up like a television signal. So when you ask "Can something like that really happen?" remember this: It's already happened. It will happen again. And it's happening right now.

very deep. ninja
i want to see if i understand most of this---i will make this example:

say, your looking into a mirror,

said mirror could be another dimention that we are not for certain exists because there is no way to prove it does exist besides the fact that you can see it, and feel the mirror---but you cannot travel the distance between your 'reflection' and your 'real self'

but on the other side, the reflection is 'real' and 'you' aren't.

deja vu---hn. your example is ever so slightly like in the movie 'Deja Vu'--- or like the example of 'deja vu' in the movie, the 'Matrix'---im sorry to be using movies to prove points, but in actuality this is the easiest way. and it does make sense.

in the movie 'Deja Vu' there were two 'dimentions'---one where the lead woman was alive and one where she wasnt---
the man who was trying to solve her murder lived in the dimention where the woman was killed---
but using a method to travel the dimentions---like a mirror---he somehow got in contact with his 'reflection' changing the outcomes of both dimentions--
one where she was now alive in both---because of a split. so now that makes three.
one where she is definitively alive, one where she was not, and one where she was going to be killed.
this last dimention was infact now where the man resided---because he changed the outcome---effecting both dimentions thusly creating the rift.

Bella, this is where your infinity comes in---and i do understand you now.

in all three dimentions where the man and woman existed---all outcomes were the same, they would both, eventually, die. but WHEN they would has totally changed.

You've gotten some of the core concepts, but not quite. The experience is not the meeting of your alternate or alternates, but the psionic viewing of their lives, either from third- or first- person, depending on the strength of the wavelength your mind has picked up in relation to your realm's distance from the other realm. Also, other realms do not necessarily have the same physics , or they may not even HAVE physics. A reflection may actually be interactive in an alternate reality! You must think outside of the box to truely understand. Extend yourself beyond all known limits of the realm in which you exist and let your mind defy all sense to find all sense. Confused yet? Yes. No. Not now. Never. Always. You already were. You don't know what confusion is, never heard of it. And all other possibilities.  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Bellabie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:09 pm
Oh, Mobius, play nice.

I still do not entirely agree with your interpretations, but infinite is and isn't infinite, so I agree that thinking outside of the box is necessary. I don't think, however, that it is fair to say that dear Czar Liece's ideas are within any box previously noted. (And I don't mean for you to take this and use it for another roundabout description of the parallel and otherwise alternatives to reality that you describe.)
heart
I am so glad that this sub-forum was started. It is a most worth-while place to converse and meet intellectuals.
b  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:14 pm
I am glad. And yet I'm not. And I will be glad. And I already was glad. And I never will be glad. And the infinite possibilities... Which are truly infinite, though it may not seem that way due to the human comprehension of limits as it applies to the calculation of variants, as the human mind in this dimension can only process so many variants in a single time frame.  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

scintillio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:18 pm
Bellabie
A link? Please do, friend. I am due for more learning.

What I mean to say is that a dimension, from what interpretation I have learned, is something more scientific than an alternate world. As I know them, dimensions do not split off by the various possible outcomes of an instance, but, instead, are always the same reflected throughout all manners of time in space. As I am aware, they are the "essence" of all things, if you can understand. I won't be able to describe it properly because I am, of course, no expert, but there are quite a few.

It sounds to me, like an equation, if you will---an equation for space and time. Heh, i always did believe that things of this sort were ruled by numbers...
But yes, i do understand you, somewhat---and thank you for the link! wink i'll be taking a peak at that~

*i know this is off topic but:

your only a FRESHMAN, in highschool~?! you seem like a genius to me! or is it because i'm a 18 year old short-bus rider? xd i kid, but for real,

your amazing. :3 im glad to have met you! you'll probably cure cancer or something!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:26 pm
I'm 17. A bit closer to your range, if that makes you feel better.  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

scintillio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:27 pm
Mobius Nightshade
You've gotten some of the core concepts, but not quite. The experience is not the meeting of your alternate or alternates, but the psionic viewing of their lives, either from third- or first- person, depending on the strength of the wavelength your mind has picked up in relation to your realm's distance from the other realm. Also, other realms do not necessarily have the same physics , or they may not even HAVE physics. A reflection may actually be interactive in an alternate reality! You must think outside of the box to truely understand. Extend yourself beyond all known limits of the realm in which you exist and let your mind defy all sense to find all sense. Confused yet? Yes. No. Not now. Never. Always. You already were. You don't know what confusion is, never heard of it. And all other possibilities.

talk2hand
i must be slow. lol and the way you put it, im slow forever, never and always xd

Ok. what your saying is in 'fancy terms' xd , but i get it. This is pretty much opening your mind---and almost being 'sensitive' to the dimentions around us---if its possible for your mind to be aware.

heh! you might as well be psychic, then---but i'm poking fun.

Yes, i know that other 'realms' dont have to be aware, or have the same physics. But this was an example i was using to force a point. Even the simple 'physics' of earth to space are different; the simplest example is gravity.
there is no gravity in space aside from that given off from heavier bodies.

Maybe in other 'worlds', there plants have no pull, or force---Newton's Laws cannot explain their worlds, or maybe---there are no laws at all.

but, yar---i get it.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:30 pm
Mobius Nightshade
I'm 17. A bit closer to your range, if that makes you feel better.

lol, it does---but essencially, i never felt bad---just amazed xd i like being around ppl that make me think deeply~! i haven't for a while--and im totally out of shape. whee im intellectually fat~!  

scintillio

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:36 pm
Phat with a 'PH'. Hehehehe... That's phosphorus, isn't it? Or the measure of acidity/basic-ness of water...

Whoa! I had a bad deja vu about this moment... Someone yelling at me... words that seemed to make sense as I typed them... an upset Bellabie... I better shut up for now...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:51 pm
Mobius Nightshade
Phat with a 'PH'. Hehehehe... That's phosphorus, isn't it? Or the measure of acidity/basic-ness of water...

Whoa! I had a bad deja vu about this moment... Someone yelling at me... words that seemed to make sense as I typed them... an upset Bellabie... I better shut up for now...

lol both are right~ xd

stare best be careful, then, young man. There lies danger... ninja  

scintillio

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:53 pm
Oh, by the way, I can't tell if you are male or female from your avi, but I'll hazard a guess and say that should be Czarina Liece.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff