Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]
[prp] A spricket a sprocket, she's your golden locket [DONE] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:12 pm
Njozi laughed rather hard as he heard Rengo make that slip up – he knew what followed that ‘n’. He tried hard to keep it in, but it ended up simply bubbling at the seams until it burst. He got it under control finally, still snickering, but knowing that it would hurt Rengo’s feelings if he kept on. With a deep breath (and a wicked grin still plastered on his maw) he finally managed to speak. “Yeah, I know what you mean, I hope I never fight with Ihlo,” he muttered, his voice hinting at laughter but he resisted. The thought of fighting with Ihlo wasn’t even enough to subdue it – after all, the two were so silly together, it was highly unlikely that they would fight over anything.

“No, they’re not real big like we are, but they’re pretty tall,” he said with a little nod. Their family was descended from huskier, fluffier lions – the pridelanders were more lean and tall. “I think he was just a fluke – and he certainly didn’t pass it down to Babu,” he said with a smirk, “but I guess it can skip a generation, yeah?” He chuckled as he thought about Uumi having such a big father. Uumi was small, lanky, and kind of sickly – he certainly must have been a disappointment for any father that wanted a big strong son. He simply smirked though, shaking his head. He didn’t mind Babu so much – even if he was mean sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:51 am
Rengo made sure not to watch Njozi as he laughed because he was already feeling embarrassed. Okay, so maybe he did like Nafsi. A lot. See, he could admit that to himself! His gaze floated over the tree tops of the forest in the distance and a small smile slowly moved onto his maw. It would be wonderful if she'd felt the same way... perhaps he would feel more confident about his feelings if she was closer in age. But she was not, was she?

"Is Ihlo older than you?" He said, glancing to his brother. As much as he kept changing the topic his mind kept racing straight back to it.

His ears flicked and he snorted. "Uumikaji looks like.." He thought a little bit. "He almost could pass for a bright red cheetah with his build." He smirked. "I wonder what his siblings were like..." He shrugged.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:09 pm
Njozi quirked an eyebrow as that question came kind of out of the blue, wondering for a moment why in the world that had any relevance to anything. Then, of course, he remembered someone mentioning something about the leopardess that Rengo had come home with – she was grown. If she was grown, then she had to be older than Rengo because Rengo obviously had finished growing yet. Njozi shook his head as that thought process ran through it – he didn’t like thinking too hard, honestly.

“Yeah, she is,” he said with a lopsided grin, watching Rengo from the corner of his eye. “I don’t know by how much, but I don’t think it’s by too much, she had pretty young siblings,” he said with a shrug. Of course, most families didn’t have another set of cubs until the older ones were nearly grown – it was hard to take care of too many young ones at once. “She’s really no different from I am, even if she’s older – she still looks to me to protect her,” he murmured almost affectionately, remembering her fear of the woods and his promise not to let anything happen.

He laughed at Rengo’s comparison of their grandfather to a cheetah, shaking his head slowly and causing his half-mane to go whirling around his face in the process. “Oh, well, I suppose he does – he just looks more like a half starved rogue than anything. You would never guess that grandma feeds hunts for him.”

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:03 am
So she was older. But not by much. He was sure Nafsi was as least as old as their mother, even if she was young. And Rengo did not think she needed him to protect her so much. Or maybe he felt that she didn't want him to feel the need to protect her. Or... well, something like that.

His stomach twisted in knots as he thought over this and he felt a little queasy. He was watching the sky now, not Njozi. "Oh, so she does." He replied, feeling a little awkward after asking his brother such a question.

A little smile fitted onto his maw when he said that about their grandfather. "I bet he is worse than the girls when he sits there to eat, picky and taking tiny bites." He smirked. By 'the girls' he meant their sisters, of course. He thought that maybe they should cool it, speaking of Uumikaji but it was just too funny to imagine.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:11 am
Njozi was immensely enjoying this talk with his brother, this bonding time that they had had so little of in the past few months. Their separate duties and passions had kept them apart and now that they were home it was nice to spend a little while together. However, as it was with their father, so it was with them – he had to get back to the duty of watching the pride, monitoring those members that required extra attention.

“I need to get back to my rounds,” Njozi said quietly, almost sadly as he turned his attention onto Rengo. With a weak smile, he pushed himself up to his feet, glancing off in the direction he had to inevitably go in. “Just make sure you don’t wait months before you come to see me next time, yeah?” he said with a little chuckle, shaking his head. “I’ll see you around, Rengo,” he muttered and then he was off, sauntering in the direction his duty called him.

He hoped that he had helped Rengo with his lady troubles at least a little – even if the boy didn’t think that was what they were.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:56 am
He smiled softly and laughed. "Don't worry, it will only be a few weeks this time." He teased. He would be happy to pick back up on their relationship once he and Nafsi got back to the Kusini lands for good. They were good brothers and that was how family was supposed to be, was it not?

"Don't have too much fun." He called after the retreating male before shifting and wandering off himself.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas