Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
Books (read an interesting book - tell us about it!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tanikins

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:34 am
The Dresden files by Jim Butcher. Sky's TV adaptation was rubbish compared to the books. It starts off with Storm Front and gets better with each book. book ten of a possible twenty-three has just come out.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:55 pm
--- « soul's resonance »

• Oh boy. Too many books going through my head right now~ >_<

The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare - demon hunting at its best! Incest, amazingly, but still very very good.

The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud - magic of a different sort. Full of humor.

The Host by Stephenie Meyer - amazing and full of what it means to be human. Fantastic love story/sci-fi mix.

ANYTHING by Sarah Dessen. Realistic and heartwarming. Just Listen tops them all, with Lock and Key in a close second.

And~ that's my favorites as of now. I have tooooons of books though. And I am so reading Tall, Dark, and Dead, it sounds fantabulous. xD •

« can you hear it now? » ---

User Image

moe majesty

Dangerous Explorer

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Over Easy 100

Danipyr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:44 am
Quite some time since anyone posted in this.

I've just finished Cate Tiernans serie "balefire" and I'll really recommend it, it's the first time that I wanted to kill someone fictional.. sweatdrop

Quote:
Grade 9 Up–Separated at birth, Thais and Clio are identical twins who've never met. Clio lives with her grandmother in New Orleans, where they practice Bonne Magie, a branch of witchcraft similar to Wicca but much older. Thais has lived with her father in Connecticut, and when he dies in a freak accident, she is moved to New Orleans by her new guardian, Axelle Gauvin, also a practicing witch. Thais meets Clio on the first day of their senior year at her new school, and both are freaked. Why were they separated? And what happens now that they are reunited? The girls tell their stories in alternating narratives. They are the most fully developed characters, but even secondary characters are given some depth. Though the plot starts off rather slowly in Connecticut, it picks up speed when Thais arrives in New Orleans and other secrets are discovered. Each chapter holds a sense of mystery and uneasiness. The ending is wide open, leaving so many questions unanswered and raising so many new ones that the next installment is a necessity. Containing fantasy, mystery, romance, and the bar scene of New Orleans, the book will find a wide audience.
If it's tourist season..

Why can't we shoot them?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:00 pm
I loved the twilight series but after Breaking Dawn and the movie release, well my love started to die  

GoddessAmaya

*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games