HELL YES.
  Ew... no. You're all perverted.
  Mmm... I still prefer Albus/Giant Squid
View Results

Charli Harte

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:01 pm
Spiral Out
Charli Harte
yes, but some of his actions do not reflect the fact that he is gay. J.K. should have alluded to it, but instead she said it during a book interview, why so late???

What actions? What did he do in the books that made him straight?

And like I've said a few times, she said it because someone asked her.

i don't know his over all manner i guess. so if no one asked her then we would have never known that he was gay?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:25 pm
Charli Harte
i don't know his over all manner i guess. so if no one asked her then we would have never known that he was gay?
People don't have to parade around with a lisp in short shorts to be gay...

And who knows? Maybe she would have never said anything, but I find it hard to believe that NO one would have EVER asked her about Dumbledore's love life.  

Spiral Out

forever_free_spirit

5,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:03 pm
I think it's just odd that she didn't bother including it in the book but now that Harry Potter's all done, she suddenly finds it necessary to start giving out all these details.

That being said, I was sad, because I totally pictured Dumbledore with McGonagall or Madam Pomfrey. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:58 am
Spiral Out
Charli Harte
People don't have to parade around with a lisp short shorts to be gay...

And who knows? Maybe she would have never said anything, but I find it hard to believe that NO one would have EVER asked her about Dumbledore's love life.

well the asking about his love life is understandable but the him being gay and the only relationship he had was w/ a man now thats outrageous.  

Charli Harte

Charli Harte

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:00 am
forever_free_spirit
I think it's just odd that she didn't bother including it in the book but now that Harry Potter's all done, she suddenly finds it necessary to start giving out all these details.

That being said, I was sad, because I totally pictured Dumbledore with McGonagall or Madam Pomfrey. confused

i totally agree with u. thats a good way to put it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:30 am
Charli Harte
well the asking about his love life is understandable but the him being gay and the only relationship he had was w/ a man now thats outrageous.
Why is it outrageous?

I don't mean to assume things, but you're coming off as just being narrow-minded and homophobic. It seems that you just don't like the fact that he's gay, despite the fact that he's never been in a relationship or had an attraction for any female over the duration of the entire series. The only time matters of the heart are ever mentioned with him involve Grindelwald, and Dumbledore was "heartbroken."  

Spiral Out

sparky102

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:47 pm
i really don't think that is true it is stupid i think!!!! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:04 am
I think making Dumbledore gave all the 'twinkling of the eyes' etc towards Harry a bit of the creepy-factor.

I think it should have been left unsaid. I mean, the books are over, just leave people to use their own imaginations.

cruciia

pneoqueen

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:54 am
Aari-chan
So... J.K. Rowing just told her audience in New York that Dumbledore was, in fact, gay! He was in love with dear ol' Gellert Grindelwald. So... Reactions? What do ya think? Are you rejoicing? (If so, join us all partying at the Great Grindeldore Thread. It's freakin' amazing.)

WELCOME ABOARD THE SHIP GREATER GOOD!

Links:
Grindeldore Thread

wow i so didn't know that.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:11 pm
idk how i fe...i love dumbledore so i accept that lol but i always wanted him and prof. mcgonaggle to hook up lol sweatdrop  

tvkid2471

Charli Harte

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:24 pm
Spiral Out
Charli Harte
Why is it outrageous?

I don't mean to assume things, but you're coming off as just being narrow-minded and homophobic. It seems that you just don't like the fact that he's gay, despite the fact that he's never been in a relationship or had an attraction for any female over the duration of the entire series. The only time matters of the heart are ever mentioned with him involve Grindelwald, and Dumbledore was "heartbroken."

i guess that i think that she should have written it in the story, not say it as an 'after-the-math' kind of thing. i have nothing against being gay, it is just that it was never alluded to in the entire series.

why NOW mention it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:42 pm
Charli Harte
Spiral Out
Charli Harte
Why is it outrageous?

i guess that i think that she should have written it in the story, not say it as an 'after-the-math' kind of thing. i have nothing against being gay, it is just that it was never alluded to in the entire series.

why NOW mention it?
Maybe she didn't plan on mentioning Dumbledore's love life in the story. It's not unusual for authors to develop their characters further in their minds than they do in their actual writing.  

Aari-chan

Aari-chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:43 pm
CRUCIIA
I think making Dumbledore gave all the 'twinkling of the eyes' etc towards Harry a bit of the creepy-factor.

I think it should have been left unsaid. I mean, the books are over, just leave people to use their own imaginations.

He was in love with GRINDELWALD. That doesn't automaticall ymean he was lusting after every teenage boy that came near him...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:44 pm
sparky102
i really don't think that is true it is stupid i think!!!! 3nodding
Why is it stupid? Because you're too afraid to accept Dumbledore as being gay?  

Aari-chan

Aari-chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:46 pm
forever_free_spirit

She didn't find it "necessary". She answered a QUESTION. And as to why she didn't include it in the book, see my comment to Charli.  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff