Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
So, for the first time in a long time... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:04 pm
I don't like how hackers can get perfect IVs when a normal player can not.

So you "normal" players, go get PokeSav so we can have equal footing. Allow me to finally get by guilt and make my own perfect IV'ed Pokemon.

That or start using Shoddy.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:06 pm
Jonnnn
TheBasementDweller
nitnit
Pheonix - if you played more often, learned some advanced tactics, even got a DS AR with pokesav if you're serious, then you would be pretty good.

One question what is a pokesav. Shouldn't hacking be disallowed in tournies and such?

I see nothing wrong with hacking legal stats and moves. Your stradegy will beat perfect IVs any day.

Legal stats include a completely perfect pokemon with any move you want so you don't have to know anything about anything in terms of breeding and you get whatever you want instantly and you see no problem with that? It doesn't exactly sound like a level playing field to me. stare  

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Candy goes B A N G

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:06 pm
Just like to point out something...

WHO THE HELL DID NITNIT BANG TO END UP WITH AN ABIPOM? I mean, everyone questions when a grunny pops out, but when a pokemon everyones find with it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:08 pm
TheBasementDweller
Jonnnn
TheBasementDweller
nitnit
Pheonix - if you played more often, learned some advanced tactics, even got a DS AR with pokesav if you're serious, then you would be pretty good.

One question what is a pokesav. Shouldn't hacking be disallowed in tournies and such?

I see nothing wrong with hacking legal stats and moves. Your stradegy will beat perfect IVs any day.

Legal stats include a completely perfect pokemon with any move you want so you don't have to know anything about anything in terms of breeding and you get whatever you want instantly and you see no problem with that? It doesn't exactly sound like a level playing field to me. stare

Well, all it does is eliminate the RPG element of the game, allowing players to focus more on the strategy part of the game.  

Shigeru the Hero

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:12 pm
TheBasementDweller
Jonnnn
TheBasementDweller
nitnit

I said any legal move. Meaning I do have a problem with Blissey having reflect, but not hacking to get Seismic Toss.

I don't know about you, but I actually hate the ingame play of pokemon pearl. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:17 pm
Jonnnn
TheBasementDweller
Jonnnn
TheBasementDweller
nitnit

I said any legal move. Meaning I do have a problem with Blissey having reflect, but not hacking to get Seismic Toss.

I don't know about you, but I actually hate the ingame play of pokemon pearl. sad

So do I, but IV breeding should be done to get the IVs you want instead everyone here just hacks for perfect IVs. Those who don't have an AR a prefer no0t to cheat will allways be at a disadvantage. Also some of the moves are ports i.e Ice Punch on Snorlax and with an AR you can get it easily on Diamond/Pearl anytime you want and those who don't can't get it unless they hae the older games creating another unfair advantage for the hackers. rolleyes  

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:18 pm
Shigeru K
I don't like how hackers can get perfect IVs when normal players can not. though.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:19 pm
Jonnnn
Shigeru K
I don't like how hackers can get perfect IVs when normal players can not. though.

User Image

Quick is quick.

My posts are really dropping quality I guess.

P.S. I edited that post like three times dropping stuff too.  

Shigeru the Hero

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:21 pm
Shigeru K
Jonnnn
Shigeru K

User Image

Quick is quick.

My posts are really dropping in quality I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:22 pm
TheBasementDweller
Jonnnn
TheBasementDweller
Jonnnn
TheBasementDweller
nitnit

So do I, but IV breeding should be done to get the IVs you want instead everyone here just hacks for perfect IVs. Those who don't have an AR a prefer no0t to cheat will allways be at a disadvantage. Also some of the moves are ports i.e Ice Punch on Snorlax and with an AR you can get it easily on Diamond/Pearl anytime you want and those who don't can't get it unless they hae the older games creating another unfair advantage for the hackers. rolleyes

A AR is $20 new. Has to be at max $10 on ebay. Anyone who can afford a DS and pokemon can afford one and easily use it. If they choose not to cheat that is there choice, but like I said a team with bad IVs and a good stradegy will ALWAYS overcome a team that is not thought out well.  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:23 pm
If you want to play the game seriously for competitive battling, either:

- Dedicate weeks at a time for breeding/training/etc.
- Get an AR
- Play shoddy

Also, many hardcore non AR users use the clone glitch to trade their nearly perfect pokemon for other nearly perfect pokemon.

On the subject of IVs, with the exception of soft resetting for perfect IVs on legendaries, getting perfect IVs in 1 or 2 stats is not all that amazingly hard.

As said before, strategy, good prediction, and luck will always > using an action repay.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:24 pm
Shigeru K
Jonnnn
Shigeru K

User Image

Quick is quick.

My posts are really dropping quality I guess.

I could care less about small spelling and grammer mistakes. I used to be a nazi about it, but now I catch myself making a lot of errors too. Just thought I would put your award to use.  

Jonnnn

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:30 pm
Jonnnn
TheBasementDweller
Jonnnn
TheBasementDweller
Jonnnn

A AR is $20 new. Has to be at max $10 on ebay. Anyone who can afford a DS and pokemon can afford one and easily use it. If they choose not to cheat that is there choice, but like I said a team with bad IVs and a good stradegy will ALWAYS overcome a team that is not thought out well.

Either way you look at it the AR helps end of story. stare Besides $10 is $10 rolleyes .............. and cheating is cheating. stare

Edit: Especially for pokes that are Sweepers with no defense he who is faster wins. Infernape v Infernape Earthquake faster one wins generally the hacked one since it takes not time to get perfect IV, the right nature and you have infinite TMs. stare

I would actually have a team if I chose to hack and maybe then I might win a few since at this moment I have two with halfway decent IVs to compete with and spend most of my time breeding so I have no time to EV train any others, but I prefer not cheating besides they can check your game for legitimacy and actual tournaments will ban you for it. rolleyes On top of that hacking the legends for IVs is a major advantage over using non-hacked legends. Not to mention the any HP you want advantage. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:32 pm
Never said it didn't help, what I did say is that if you want to play the game seriously on competitive, either that, or a lot of free time is needed.  

nitnit
Captain

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:49 pm
Battlers such as Nit and me have gotten to the point where we'd rather play with strategy than spend forever getting the perfect Pokemon, thus turning to hacking to get our Pokemon.

I mean, we change our Pokemon so often that by the time we finish breeding and training one team, we have an idea for the next team.

We also don't care for official tournaments or PBR, so there really isn't a disadvantage in hacking.

As long as we're not doing black hat hacks, there isn't a problem.

P.S. In before correction somewhere.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces