Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Is There A Hope For America? [spam, come express yourself] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you join the revolution?
  Yes
View Results

Cincyfan32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:12 pm
Huskeyneo
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
...people imagined its eerie howls...

Nobody is too young to discuss the current events that affect our lives. Some of us may not be able to vote, but there's no law against talking about politics if you're underage.

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...to be the call of the Grim Reaper...

No, there isn't but the thread title is "Join the Revolution" infering you have to be able to vote.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:35 pm
Deathguiser
Pay Per Cuts
Umm voting against the war means he'll end it if he gets into office >_>

I dunno what you're saying in your last sentence... how will he end the war without screwing America?

(and you can't really complain about this being non-pokemon related with all that new spam stuff in the guild)

I am saying, what is the use in complaining about the war in Iraq hen they can't do s**t about it? What is he going to do, pull the mout of there, and let that country just get taken over by some other crazy a*****e who will eventually attack us? And yes, I can complain about this, since this is COMPLETEly unrelated, and I am suprised I havn't complained about the spam rule yet, since it is a very stupid rule, since most topics from now on will having nothing to do with this guild, basically killing its purpose. Political views should be kept to yourself, especially in a guild where at least 60% of the people in it are under the age of 18 smart ones.

Do you know nothing about politics? I'm not even sure how to respond to the idiocity other than educate yourself. This thread might spark the process in you. If he is elected he will immediately begin the process of returning the troops and withdrawing out of most if not all countreys we a forcefully stationed in, then become neutral like the fathers suggested.

Also, like Huskeyneo said you are NEVER too yound to discuss current issues. I'm not able to vote in 08' either (off by a few months) but that does not mean I won't send a few donations, and support the one I hope to be the next president. You know, the single most important person that will rule over the majority of my college years?

Join the revolution means get involved, not join Ron Paul or die. If you like Hilary (god help you) but this is the place to state you do.

PPC just won the game for following politics. And to respond on you network neutrality comment, he just believes it is another way for the government to regulate your lives and eventually lead to beurocrats regulating your lives, then eventually come back to big business regulating your lives. I think you see where I am going with this.

Also WTF at Deathguiser moving this.  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:47 pm
I'm pretty sure I also win with my persistent Colbert Putin '08ing  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:54 pm
Jonnnn
Deathguiser
Pay Per Cuts
Umm voting against the war means he'll end it if he gets into office >_>

I dunno what you're saying in your last sentence... how will he end the war without screwing America?

(and you can't really complain about this being non-pokemon related with all that new spam stuff in the guild)

I am saying, what is the use in complaining about the war in Iraq hen they can't do s**t about it? What is he going to do, pull the mout of there, and let that country just get taken over by some other crazy a*****e who will eventually attack us? And yes, I can complain about this, since this is COMPLETEly unrelated, and I am suprised I havn't complained about the spam rule yet, since it is a very stupid rule, since most topics from now on will having nothing to do with this guild, basically killing its purpose. Political views should be kept to yourself, especially in a guild where at least 60% of the people in it are under the age of 18 smart ones.

Do you know nothing about politics? I'm not even sure how to respond to the idiocity other than educate yourself. This thread might spark the process in you. If he is elected he will immediately begin the process of returning the troops and withdrawing out of most if not all countreys we a forcefully stationed in, then become neutral like the fathers suggested.

Also, like Huskeyneo said you are NEVER too yound to discuss current issues. I'm not able to vote in 08' either (off by a few months) but that does not mean I won't send a few donations, and support the one I hope to be the next president. You know, the single most important person that will rule over the majority of my college years?

Join the revolution means get involved, not join Ron Paul or die. If you like Hilary (god help you) but this is the place to state you do.

PPC just won the game for following politics. And to respond on you network neutrality comment, he just believes it is another way for the government to regulate your lives and eventually lead to beurocrats regulating your lives, then eventually come back to big business regulating your lives. I think you see where I am going with this.

Also WTF at Deathguiser moving this.

hmmm, point out what is idiotic about my post, and I am not leaving this in the main forum. It has absolutely nothing to do with this guild,nor does it serve spam purposes, so its locked as of now. Yoru saying pull out our troops, ok then what. Someone just like the last guy will take over, and we will be right back where we started. I am 17 years old, and cannot vote either, but it doesn't mean I don't pay attentionto what goes on. Everyone talks big about removing the troops, but most of them have no plan to do so, and they will probably just ******** it up anyway. Thats my opinion. Don't like it? Shove it up your a** for all I care  

Deathguiser

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:26 am
Please stop locking and moving this. It is no different than the other spam threads. I really don't understand what you are talking about, you don't need a "plan" to begin withdrawing troops when you are elected into office....

Also, "they will pobably ******** it up" does not do anything for me. Provide some evidence rather than make assumptions. Paul's history in congressional voting scream he won't "******** it up."

edit: You will be able to vote in 08. Who is your hope thus far?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:40 am
ok, I will now be deleting this if it finds its way into the main forum once more. If you have more of this to talk about, do it in the random chatter box under PPC's thread, since random comments even if they aren't spam are allowed there, not in the main forum.
P.S. it is annoying when people try and shove their political views down your throat.  

Deathguiser

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:11 pm
Deathgusier,

1. If this thread is deleted your modship will be appealed to Nitnit. It is a case of abusing your power.
This will most likely result in you being demoted and on warning. Hell, you're lucky I have not done this thus far, this
thread is spam (spam = anything not related to subject). If you do not like the new rule talk to Nitnit about it (I don't like it either)
But do not take it out on me when there are many more spam threads that are not nearly as well developed as mine in the main forum.

2. No one is shoving political beliefs down your throat. You say something that makes no sense, it is only natural that PPC and I should present a counter to that statement.
That is usually how a discussion works, you know? People don't usually spit insults at one another either, it is only natural that one should spit it right back.

HI I GO TO THE REDUNDANT SCHOOL OF REDUNDANCY  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:50 pm
and I am the only one absuing my power? Your thread isn't spam, especially since there is a grand total of only 3 people posting in it. Fine, I won't delete it, but I will continue to move it back to the locked threads. If you don't want that to happen, move it to the Gpod damn random forum where it beleongs. And YOU are threatening me with modship? Thats funny. Of course you would get your way knowing the guild leader in real life and all. Locking and moving. If you want this to stay, put it in the chatterbox.
I am making plenty of sense, it seems like morons like you don't seem to undertsnad them. Go ahead, elect this guy, and watch him try and move the troops out, and then see what happens. Hell, I will be suprised if he even moves them out, but thats not what I care about. What I care about is not putting political beliefs up in a POKEMON GUILD. Would you like it if people starting putting up religous beliefs to go along with it?  

Deathguiser

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Deathguiser
and I am the only one absuing my power? Your thread isn't spam, especially since there is a grand total of only 3 people posting in it. Fine, I won't delete it, but I will continue to move it back to the locked threads. If you don't want that to happen, move it to the Gpod damn random forum where it beleongs. And YOU are threatening me with modship? Thats funny. Of course you would get your way knowing the guild leader in real life and all. Locking and moving. If you want this to stay, put it in the chatterbox.
I am making plenty of sense, it seems like morons like you don't seem to undertsnad them. Go ahead, elect this guy, and watch him try and move the troops out, and then see what happens. Hell, I will be suprised if he even moves them out, but thats not what I care about. What I care about is not putting political beliefs up in a POKEMON GUILD. Would you like it if people starting putting up religous beliefs to go along with it?

Since when does the amount of people posting in a thread determine if it is spam or not? You do not seem to realize the point of this thread, express your opinions on who the president of the United States should be.

I don't see what making a thread about your political beliefs is any different than making a thread about your favorite movies. It is all about personal views and opinions, not shoving s**t down others throats.

I don't know if you realize this but it is the GRADUAL withdrawel of troops. Not BAM they are out in three days. I hope you also realize that al Queda's main objective is to rid the world of foreign influence in Islamic countrys. Meaning by pushing OUR western beliefs we knowingly brought on those attacks, to state it very blatantly and simply. And of course I am not justifying Sep. 11 or any other of the terrorist attacks. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:38 pm
Thread stays in main forum. Any thread where I can say Colbert Putin '08 and it's on topic is good in my book.

Deathguiser, you're just upset that you have very little knowledge of the political world. You also b***h and moan about every single thread, ever. Seriously, I'd be more inclined to demote you on the basis that you hate everyone here.  

nitnit
Captain

Tyhoon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:46 pm
I'm not sure what to say exactly...Our counter-attack was more than justified, but when the big dog plays god some messed up s**t can happen. *Points at Castro*

>_>;  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:47 pm
Colbert Putin '08  

nitnit
Captain

link loves animals

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:03 am
Vote ditto for president heart HE RULES(and hes my mouse curser)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:10 pm
foxfire729
Vote ditto for president heart HE RULES(and hes my mouse curser)
Why not, it's probably more qualified to run than Hilary...just move it across some legal word aps. a few times and it should be fine...  

Tyhoon

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:39 pm
This guy doesn't look too bad, but I'm still feeling really shaky about the Republican party after the guy we have in office now. Then again, everyone is different from anyone else. I guess I'll just have to do more research on each of our country's presidential candidates (since I am of voting age, after all.) Being an American, I think it's important to know who's getting into office and what they will do (not just what they promise to do.)
Anyways, I see nothing wrong with this thread. Nitnit hasn't locked it yet, so it can't be too bad. He does own the guild, after all.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff