Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
The sims 3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the idea of the sims 3?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

Ravynical

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:29 pm
I can't believe there's going to be a third one! I'm excited, but I just really hope they don't ruin it somehow.

I think you should be able to adjust height and weight the same way you can adjust the size of eyes, etc; with a little scroll-ish thing so you can be really particular.

On the teenage pregnancy issue, I think it should be in the game due to realism also. But also, I think it should be harder for teens to get pregnant, and there shouldn't be a "Try for Baby" option; it should just happen [rarely] when the girl just WooHoos. I really doubt they'll put it in though, because of so many people who would be offended.

Someone mentioned murder?... I hope it's not in there, with my luck the Sim would be first. Plus I doubt it if only because of the rating going up, and I don't think EA Games will want to do something like that.

Gosh, I'm going to go into debt if they keep making Sims games though. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:25 pm
i would love to see a sims 3, however id probibly wait till it comes out, look at the grahpics, see what everybody else has to say about it, think about it for about a year, stand in the store for half and hour thinking about buying it, then finaly buy it.
id probibly like the teens to be able to get pregnate, and make it so that the teens dont need a parent or gardian when you make them you know?
i heared alot of people talking about chores and stuff, like vacuuming and stuff (if you dont vacuume the floors get snasty) or washing clothes (if they have low cleaning levels their clothes will shrink or change funky colors) others wanted their sims to- when they change their clothes, their clothes fall on the floor.
im not sure if id want all these chores though, but hey, we're playing god so why not X3
wow i talk alot O_o  

irasciblebunny

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ryen Relent
Crew

Fashionable Shopper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:58 am
I honestly think they shouldnt make a sims 3, they should keep adding to the sims 2. I mean the graphics are fine. They dont need to make a new game it will start everything over again and delay future updates.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:34 pm
I would love for it to be a lot more like real life
With more clothing options and such

sims 2 was kind of like real life
but I don't want it to control what you can and cant do

randomdinoninja

2,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Blaze_Kudasaki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:51 am
I think the Sims 3 would be unbelivable. For some reason when I got back from my older brother's house in Arizona over my break, The Sims 2 stopped working. I doubt the sims 3 would work though. And this comp is only 7 months old!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:35 pm
bighairy dog
my mind is rather split. Having the sims 3 sounds like fun but i love the sims 2 so much.

Yeah, I'm split on the situation as well.

Pros:
New stuff will most likely be on it, and maybe it might go to a higher rating other than T. The graphics look sweet! Plus there might be more expansions.

Cons:
This is the part that makes me change my mind, and the fact is that I love the Sims 2 as well. I've been buying all the expansions.(Even though I still have two to get. Sims 2 Seasons and Sims 2 Open For Business.) That would just be more of a waste of my money. And proubally the only thing I'm concerned about is will it work on my Computer.

But I've heard rumor that they will still continue the Sims 2 Expansions! So at least that's good, but don't quote me on it.  

Kiua_theforgotten

Blessed Elder

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

LOTR pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:49 am
Not sure yet cuz i need to know what sims3 would be like first  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:30 pm
The Sims 3 has been all over one of my favorite fansites for Sim info and there has been articles in some gaming magazines. The Sims 3 also has a official website which says that on March 19th there will be more information.

Link to the offical Sims 3 site:
http://thesims3.ea.com/

Link to where I have been getting all my Sims 3 related info:
http://www.snootysims.com/  

Simming
Crew

me_is_kelly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:45 pm
I had a look at that website for the sims 3, and the game looks so good.
I hope that by then I will have a computer capable of running it.
It sounds amazing! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:14 pm
going by the screenshots, it look pretty awesome.
more like an actual video game.

but I don't really like the way the sims look. lol.

crystal narrative

Sparkly Shapeshifter

zawazawaii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:31 pm
sail away with me, honey...

They said that there would be more ways to customize a sim's personality, and THAT my friends, is what I find worth getting it for.

Seriously, it annoys me to no end how what a sim's interests are are completely dominated by what zodiac sign you pick for them, and there's no way to change them, or even know what they are before you make them.

Just because I'm an Aries doesn't mean I like sports gonk

i put my heart in your hands.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:07 pm
OMGGGGGG SIMMMMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSSS 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

candy!x0x0

randomdinoninja

2,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:04 pm
They already made a page for the sims 3!!!
It's called thesims3.com
I visited it and I saw all of its awesomeness!!!!
heart

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:58 am
I'm kind of disappointed, just 'cause I've invested so much time and effort into my Sims2 games. It'd feel like such a waste to just abandon them once I get Sims3.
Despite that, I'm really looking forward to the release. Already have my copy reserved. :D
I really want to see how you'll be able to mod the game, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE their new personalities. Like someone said before, having their personality decided by their Zodiac sign was a pain.
One problem I have with it though is that sims from other families will be aging with yours, meaning that it will essentially be playing itself. I heard that it even plays while you're not playing at all. It will eliminate the childhood sweethearts issue, where you have to young sims fall in love but then play one family more than another and one is in college while the other is still a child, but I'd prefer that to having to wonder whether my sims just died all alone without me. D:
If they do decide to go ahead with it, I hope that they at least restrict them from making major decisions, like asking other sims they like out, getting married, going off to college or getting a job, whatever. It would stop feeling like a game and start feeling more like a movie or something if they didn't.

User Image

Sanus Ex Machina

candy!x0x0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:15 pm
Thats why in my sims absence quest, I'm going to stop buying the games, because I'm probably never going to play them again when sims 3 comes out lol  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff