Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Hooray for Garter Stitch Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garter Stitch
  Yeah Garter Stitch
  Boo for Garter Stitch
  Garter What?
  Stockinette?
View Results

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:37 pm
Garter stitch rocks for novelty yarns like fun fur.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:47 am
and i don't have to pay attention when i knit garter stitch YAY!  

sparklingbutterfly

Great Aunt Gertrude

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:37 pm
Best stitch ever!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:11 pm
I really rarely use garter nowadays.
and in scarves, it can make then unnecessarily itchy, even if it's using soft yarn. For scarves, my favorite is thick wool with stockinette or ribbing and cabling, but for nice arie sweaters I use thin, wonderful yarn with stockinette and a chain stitch edge to keep the edges straight.
that and garter can be so.....garter  

Kingyo~goldfish

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:46 am
Crocheting with novelty yarns isn't so bad. I firmly dont recommend it for a new crocheter. But I love crocheting with super fluffy yarns of d00m.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:58 am
I tend to like more complicated patterns, so a garter stitch scarf can be interminable for me (I'd much rather be making a fluffy lace scarf, or something with fairisle, or a complicated patern to the stitches).

I'm not much of one for eyelash yarns- I like natural materials and I find they aren't very warm and fun fur has a tendency to make it look like you support that most vile of sports- muppet hunting.

But then again, my best friend (who's about 5'1 and does it very well) has a fun fur scarf that looks adorable on her, so I guess it's all down to the person and their own style.  

Blue-eyes-green

eeveetaro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:24 pm
I'll have to try the novelty yarns  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:45 am
I have to say that I really dont care for fun fur or the novelty yarns either. I made a kitty hat for my daughter for Christmas out of black fun fur and the stocking knitt stitch but it was on circular needles so I was basicly knitting only any way. It turned out cute. Crocheting it is a beast but if you add a light weight yarn to it it makes it easier. Like a number 2 or 3 yarn.  

tamaja

xbrandiix

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:33 pm
Novelty yarn is such a pain in the butt!
I'm making a friend an extra long scarf with black and confeti colors.
It's a pain to crochet, maybe I'll try to knit it though... I'm not the best with knitting..  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff