[PRP] Of Mothers and Their Daughters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:03 am
Syeira had quietly observed the emotions that flashed across her daughter’s face, reading them and digesting them in a manner that only a mother would be capable of. Wasn’t it a mother’s job in life to know her daughter’s every ache and pain? She knew there was an ache, if not a pain, that had curled itself upon Jini’s heart. Having already been through many of the problems that the girl was now facing, she knew the difficulties of the journey, and the point where Jini would have to finally admit what it was would be one of the most difficult decisions of all. She couldn’t say she had actually enjoyed her own days of torment after she realized she was falling in love with Uumi – but she was also willing to bet that Uumi was much more (and probably was still) more unkind than the male that Jini herself had set her heart upon. Maybe her daughter’s journey would be just a touch easier.

“No male will appreciate having his pride injured, Jini. You know it is not your logic that is telling you that you might fail,” it was said as kindly as her mother could make her words, and as soft and soothing as she was capable of. There was just a point where a lioness had to cop up and admit what she was feeling in her soul. “It is all those things in your head, all those flurrying emotions that are tangling up your thoughts. I know it is hard to think through them, believe me I do, but just trust your mother on this. If he is half as proud as you say he is, then I do think he will not take you injuring him in such a manner with stride.”

She sighed softly at her daughter’s next words, curling herself closer so that she could brush against her darker offspring with a touch of reassurance. “Because, darling, that is how you feel when you begin to fall in love. It is not as pleasant as the stories say, believe me, for I have been through it myself. Love is just as much painful as it is pleasant, especially in the beginning when emotions are raw and feelings can be hurt.” She offered her a smile, leaning up to nuzzle her cheek against Jini’s. “It is the end result that is worth it, but the journey is long and hard.”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:22 am
Jini was very aware of the expressions that played on her face and, while she did not know what sort of impression they might have on her mother, the young lioness trusted the older lady enough to interpret them as wisely and, therefore, as accurately as possible. Out of all the creatures in the world, Jini felt like Syei was the one that knew and understood her best. Though, she also suspected that Syei held the special position of confidant in a lot of other lives. All at once, Jini was struck by the idea that she was very lucky to belong, in some ways, to such an admirable lioness.

It was due to this extreme faith in her mother's judgment that Jini did not immediately cast aside the notion that she was falling in love with Kura, like it was sour meat. Love was a difficult subject and, the more Syei spoke, the more Jini began to realize the truth in her words. It explained her feelings and emotions perfectly. When she was younger, she had always imagined that falling in love would be like hunting; all she really had to do was sink her claws in and the rest would help it's self. As it turned out, the actual experience was nothing like she'd hoped it would be. She felt battered and bruised when the only basic physical flaw that tormented was her weight. All her life Jini had dreamed that she might someday be as big and as strong as her brothers, so that she could help defend their pride in it's times of need. Instead, she had grown to be nothing but a scrawny and inexperienced adolescent.

"I suppose that I might as well try and forget my quest to destroy his ego," Jini spoke after some time and, with a great sigh, resigned herself to the fact of the situation, "Kura may not be the brightest of lions, but he is strong and he will help me become a warrior- so that I might be able to protect my home some day. I can not help it if he does not return my feelings, no matter how painful that particular part might be. I will use him to get most of what I want."

The ebony colored lioness paused for a moment here. She did not like to think of what it might be like to spend so much time with somebody who clear did not, and probably never would, return her affections.

[It's been a long time. *very bad* is it okay if we just finish it here?]  

Green_Eyes

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:36 am
“There are more ways than one to help protect your home,” Syeira said softly, listening to her daughters words. Syeira herself was not a large lioness – in fact, it seemed that her daughter would grow with the same average figure as she instead of the large one that a few of her sons had somehow inherited. This, however, had never once stopped her from fulfilling what she wanted. With her wit, her brain, she had become quite the formidable female, especially when it came to ensuring the safety of her pride. “Do not always assume that brawn and force are what saves the Kusini alone,” she said with a weak smile, head tilting as she let her pale eyes settle upon her daughter. She would not come out and say it, she’d much rather Jini figure it out on her own.

“What happens with Kura will depend upon what you feel you can accomplish,” she pushed herself up as she said this, looking down upon the darker form. “Whether you tame him, humble his ego, or just make him angry – it will come to pass according to how much faith you have in yourself. You have the power to do what you want, to bend fate to your own ends. Don’t forget that.” She leaned down softly, nuzzling her daughter, before she straightened once more. “All you need is to believe in yourself. I didn’t get to where I am today by letting fate dance me on a string.”

She smiled, though something in her eyes seemed to be saying so much more than her words ever could. She’d leave her daughter here to mull over this, think over the wisdom she had tried to bring to her. “I need to go check on your brother and sisters,” she said with a nod, turning her back to the girl and taking a few steps. Pausing, she glanced over her shoulder, “remember what I said”, and after those simple words she slipped away, heading back towards the den. If Jini needed her again, she knew where to find her.

[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff