Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
Is it really right or is it actually against what they wish? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

scintillio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:03 pm
Bellabie
You and your balance.
Not all is equal, nor will it ever be.
b

Agreed.

@ Anochaa,

Well---that puts a perspective on things---its almost interesting, (slightly sad and unsettling) but still interesting...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:10 pm
Suicide is basically saying, "You people don't love me. I hope you feel bad." People most likely do it because they think they're underappreciated, as mentioned before. However; I believe something beyond this:

People will do it out of spite. I know I've felt the urge on numerous occasions, thinking, 'Just take a knife and kill yourself. Then they'll feel so bad.' Why? Because I never get noticed, and when I am, it's a blame or a punch.  

Demonic Repentance

Anochaa
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:56 pm
I don't want to grow old.

Eh, it's not really just that though. For me, at least, I have a weird fascination with death (God, now I'm starting to sound like a serial killer too X.x). Like, a lot of times I don't feel appreciated and do want to do it partially out of spite, but a lot of it is because I just want to know what death is like. I'm that weird kid in the corner that wants to be a coroner when they grow up.

As they say, curiosity killed the cat and that totally applies to me razz It's something that nobody can tell you about, so I want to experience it for myself.

User ImageUser Image
Won't you let me, won't you let me explode?
IN A KARAOKE SUPERNOVA, YEAH!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:05 pm
A least you're not the weird kid in the corner who wants to be a corner when she grows up. Or working on a corner... If you get my drift...  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Anochaa
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:08 pm

Hehe, no. I'd totally be the world's worst hooker razz

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:24 pm
Anochaa

Hehe, no. I'd totally be the world's worst hooker razz

User ImageUser Image

lol xd  

scintillio

Bellabie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:25 pm
Death fascinates and infuriates me. I fear the deaths of those around me more than my own, but I've never thought to killing myself...

I fear death, because by many people's beliefs, I am going to burn in hell. By others I will just cease altogether. Neither of these seem pleasant, let-alone worth giving up life for.
b  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:32 pm
Bellabie
Death fascinates and infuriates me. I fear the deaths of those around me more than my own, but I've never thought to killing myself...

I fear death, because by many people's beliefs, I am going to burn in hell. By others I will just cease altogether. Neither of these seem pleasant, let-alone worth giving up life for.
b

I truly doubt your going to burn in Hell---What? just because you spectilate if God really exists?

thats not a good enough reason, as far as i see it, to burn i hell for. There are far 'worthier' people for that to happen to.  

scintillio

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:34 pm
Still, you have a point. Nobody living knowshat death is like. I sometimes lie awake at night wondering what'll happen after it's all over, y'know?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:00 pm
Despite what you or I think, friend, by the word of a vast many, my lack of decision is as much a sin as having practiced another religion.
b  

Bellabie

scintillio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:27 pm
Bellabie
Despite what you or I think, friend, by the word of a vast many, my lack of decision is as much a sin as having practiced another religion.
b

whoa---that totally depressed me.... crying

well, um---if thats what you think---but really, dont let people influence that side of you...

Having belives is better than having none at all...At least you hold something to faith, weather its God or something else...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:12 am
Bellabie et. al.
People killing themselves does "make the world stop spinning" for those around them. It may be temporary, but it still hurts. Also, you riddle off numbers, but people are more than that, in my opinion. Should you give us a name, photograph, and/or biography for each suicide occurring, I know that I would care. I would hurt. I would feel loss. Perhaps you would not. Perhaps I am glad that Dameon locked his thread before you commented. Perhaps you have grown insensitive to these things, but I have not.

[as well as comments from other people who consider me a colossal p***k]

I've said this before, but my opinion stems from personal experience. When I was going through the "I-hate-myself-and-I-want-to-die" stage of puberty (and when I ruined a good friendship between a girl and I,) whenever I asked for some help, someone's shoulder to cry on, all I was told was to suck it up and get over myself, even by my parents (though "suck it up" is probably the best advice I've ever gotten). Then again, I probably shouldn't of asked for help over the Internet.

Seriously, though, go on the main Gaia forums and post some heartfelt speech about wanting to die. You might get one or two people who'll feel sorry for you, but the rest will call you emo and tell you to get over yourself, especially if you're a guy. They'll tell you to film yourself cutting your wrists and put it on YouTube so they can all laugh at you (an exaggeration, of course, but my point still stands.)

People don't care when you kill yourself. They look down upon people who can't sustain themselves without using other people as crutches. That's why I don't confide in anyone anymore, not even my parents. People are just going to laugh at you and call you names or feel ashamed to be around you (or to have given birth to you, in the case of my parents). Or maybe I just need to grow a thicker skin and stop being a wuss.

Don't get me wrong. I feel bad for Dammie, even though I don't know his relation to "Cassie" or whatever her name was. When someone offs themselves, especially if they don't tell you anything, it hurts, and you feel it's your fault and that you could've done something to prevent it. But the reality is there was nothing you could do in the first place. If people are so bent on killing themselves, they'll refuse to listen to anyone who cares enough to convince them to do the contrary.

Also, I assume Dammie thinks my comments were directed toward his dead friend. They weren't. I was speaking about suicidal people as a whole.

So, to conclude, you people call me "insensitive" because of what I said (Mobius even goes as far as to call me immoral.) Fine. I'm an arrogant, cowardly, miserable son of a b***h. I see the glass as completely empty. I hate everybody and everything. Sure, fine, whatever. You have a right to believe what you want about me. I'm used to it. But there's a reason some people call suicide a coward's death.  

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:20 pm
Enough with the story please boxman

It may be your point where you grew up scorned but to carry on the tradition is not something benificial I was scorned whenI went through my suicidal phase and I survived to help others and you seem to condemn them to a fate which will glad-fully happen to them without someones help

If you know how it feels why do you think it so?

Boxman you may be a coward but as far as the self confidence goes your still a human being choosing to fight another day

That counts for something mate even though you might call yourself all those things I still dont hate you. And you were directing it towards everyone and that was very incensitive, learn to hold your tongue on matters of importance if all you can do is bring negativity

Thats not a request thats a threat. Get some respect  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:17 pm
I do not think you are insensitive, Master TehBoxman.
In my eyes, the glass is rose-coloured.
I always try to come up with "better" situations than in reality because, truly, I may recognize the negatives of the world, but I still try to make up for it in good. I like to think that you write angrily because it is a vent. I make myself believe that you merely act so to keep up "face" as a character on the internet. This may be entirely untrue, but I find myself thinking it, nonetheless.

Dammie-kins, I really do not think that is necessary. His entire post was referring to the insensitivity of people and their telling him to "get over it" and look what you've done. "Enough with the story" What is that, friend? Are you so contradictory as to leave another's side in their own call for empathy?
b  

Bellabie

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:50 am
Unfortuanantly him say "get over it" doesnt help anyone in any situation, Bella you dont understand why I dislike boxman so much right now. Most likely you do but until the rage sub-sides all my post's about him wont be so nice *scowls*

I just find that to personally come out and say that is completely rude and it is being incensitive to the feelings of the people who dont want to get over it because a symptom of getting over it is forgetting and the dead should never be forgotten

Meh whatever
Maybe this is one I should stay out of

-My glass is broken-  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out