Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:54 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
I love that most people dopn't know they did 54-46, or monkey man.

Dance

54-46 is one of the first songs I heard by them, actually. Did they do the original Pressure Drop? I have Pressure Drop under them, but I don't trust l***wire wink

haha yeah they did pressure drop originally.
Selecter did a great cover of it.

Dance

Yeah, it is a great song.

Tangent I know, but still, Selecter has a great cd you should get called street feeling. its got a shitload of awesome covers and live stuff. a lot of prince buster covers. pressure drop cover. train to skaville cover. i forget what else, but great 2 disc cd, definitely worth money if you can't find it on limewire. not a fan of limewire. I like whole cds, and supporting my music. whic lately leads to signing my soul off to Asian Man. lol. just spent like $56 I think since school started I've spent like $200-300 there.

Dance

I'll look into it.
Train to Skaville, really? Never struck me as a cover-able song, but a great song nonetheless.

its totally coverable. I would say that one step forward would be a much better ethiopians cover, but no one seems to know the song.

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:58 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Tangent I know, but still, Selecter has a great cd you should get called street feeling. its got a shitload of awesome covers and live stuff. a lot of prince buster covers. pressure drop cover. train to skaville cover. i forget what else, but great 2 disc cd, definitely worth money if you can't find it on limewire. not a fan of limewire. I like whole cds, and supporting my music. whic lately leads to signing my soul off to Asian Man. lol. just spent like $56 I think since school started I've spent like $200-300 there.

Dance

I'll look into it.
Train to Skaville, really? Never struck me as a cover-able song, but a great song nonetheless.

its totally coverable. I would say that one step forward would be a much better ethiopians cover, but no one seems to know the song.

Dance

Really? I thought that was a popular song.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:59 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

I'll look into it.

Dance

Really? I thought that was a popular song.

I don't know anyone who knows the ethiopians other than train to skaville. lol. I was so happy when I ordered their CD because no one I know listens to em.

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:35 pm
First off you kids are crazy and need to chill with your strait edge values. No one forces you to drink or do drugs when you go to shows so no one wants to hear you complain about them doing it. Now personaly I don't smoke any more but I enjoy drink and at shows its no differant. There is a differance between drinking and getting s**t faced though. I remember the shows I go to and many times I drink with the bands I see.

Back to Toots!

Live it feels like they don't really like pressure drop as much as the crowd does. Also The specails do an amazing cover of it and I can't stand the clashes cover of it.

What do you mean most people don't know they did 54-46? Like if your talking abouot sublime fans I can see that but any one who listens to reggae and ska knows. Toots kicked my a** encoring with it for like 10 minutes stait of crazy ska jamming.  

Kingshortpants

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:46 pm
Kingshortpants
First off you kids are crazy and need to chill with your strait edge values. No one forces you to drink or do drugs when you go to shows so no one wants to hear you complain about them doing it. Now personaly I don't smoke any more but I enjoy drink and at shows its no differant. There is a differance between drinking and getting s**t faced though. I remember the shows I go to and many times I drink with the bands I see.

Back to Toots!

Live it feels like they don't really like pressure drop as much as the crowd does. Also The specails do an amazing cover of it and I can't stand the clashes cover of it.

What do you mean most people don't know they did 54-46? Like if your talking abouot sublime fans I can see that but any one who listens to reggae and ska knows. Toots kicked my a** encoring with it for like 10 minutes stait of crazy ska jamming.

haha yes the 10 minute hardcore 54-46 jam! they did that when I saw them. I went to Toots instead of the last Suicide Machines show to ever come down here. its ok cuz I'd seen suicide machines before. lol.

I'm not straight edge, I just find it pointless to drink unless you're gonna get damn drunk. and pointless to be that drunk at a concert. so, its stupid to drink at concerts.

Dance

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:43 am
Kingshortpants

Back to Toots!

Yes, I'm crazy for being straight edge. I mean, there's nothing more crazy than NOT doing drugs or drinking. All I'm saying is that I don't see a point in drinking, I can have just as much fun sober.

But yeah, I really want to see Toots, but I never get the chance.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:07 pm
enough w/ the straight edge not straight edge bulshit. no one cares.

but yeah, if you haven't seen them you should definitely try to, because they're amazing.

Dance

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:10 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
I love that most people dopn't know they did 54-46, or monkey man.

Dance

54-46 is one of the first songs I heard by them, actually. Did they do the original Pressure Drop? I have Pressure Drop under them, but I don't trust l***wire wink

Dance

The Specials also did a great cover of 'Pressure Drop' :]  

Glamorous Volcom Stone

Slag10

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:23 am
Guns of Navarone
enough w/ the straight edge not straight edge bulshit. no one cares.
I care. but then again, I'm also edge.

And the soecials cover is better than the Toots version IMO. dunno why... but it is.

But what i really wanna know is why are we not talking about how much better "Sweet and Dandy" is than "presure drop" and why neither one could ever compare to "It Was Writen Down"  
Stuff About Bands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff