Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
What I've been knitting lately. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fenhir Noble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:56 am
Catcheen
Fenhir Noble
Catcheen
Be careful of selling things that are copyrighted unless the author states that the finished product may be sold. Cute stuff, by the way!

Hmmm... so the Jayne hat would be iffy to sell then?

Yeah, and the pumpkin hat, and anything else you used a pattern for. Unfortunately, unless you made up the pattern or changed it vastly enough, it's against the law to sell the finished product. Total bummer, I know.

Well the pumpkin hat I've just inspired myself from a few patterns I've found (just for the ribbing) but I've changed a whole bunch of things on there.
I also checked with the Lion Brand website and it's ok so sell the things made from their patterns.
Thanks for the heads-up though biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:04 pm
Catcheen
Fenhir Noble
Catcheen
Be careful of selling things that are copyrighted unless the author states that the finished product may be sold. Cute stuff, by the way!

Yeah, and the pumpkin hat, and anything else you used a pattern for. Unfortunately, unless you made up the pattern or changed it vastly enough, it's against the law to sell the finished product. Total bummer, I know.

Often the pattern writer will state in the copyright whether or not you can sell finished pieces. If it doesn't say, you can always email the copyright holder and ask.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:03 pm
Fenhir Noble
Catcheen
Fenhir Noble
Catcheen

Well the pumpkin hat I've just inspired myself from a few patterns I've found (just for the ribbing) but I've changed a whole bunch of things on there.
I also checked with the Lion Brand website and it's ok so sell the things made from their patterns.
Thanks for the heads-up though biggrin

Sweet! You're in gear then.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:46 pm
kewl  

iWicked

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items