So you guys like vampires?
  Yes
  No
  Poll whore
View Results

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:53 pm
Lord Charlemain Richards
Hmm.... I know that there are some of you who are going to think less of me because of this, but here's my take on it.
I like girly-boy vampires, let's call them toreador, but not angsty vampires. I don't think one is required to be the other. I mean, yes, there is alot of pretty angsty vampires; but very often their attractiveness comes entirely from appearence and not personality, and since vampires are the opitomdy, in my mind, at least, of having a sexy affect; the playgirl models as vampires just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, yes, of course not everyone who turns is a frail goth girl with ebody curls, but that is still the image that comes to mind when one thinks of attractive vampires.

And what was that book... it was supposed to be a modern vampire romance... oh, yeah; Twilight. SUCKED! and not the way most vampires do. I did not like the way vampires worked in that universe. They could go into sunlight, they just shone like jewels. That sucked. I mean, what's the point of not going into the sun if it's not going to destroy you?

But then again, I like the idea of vampires as sex symbols, so it's not suprising that I prefer the pretty type of vampires. The nosferatu type

But I've got to say I've got a predisposition towards Malcavians. That's the fricken crazy ones; for those of you who don't play Vampire and have no idea what I'm talking about. Boy I'm rambling with all the pretty words.
Anyway, I guess the point I was trying to make about the Malcavians is that I like the idea of vampires being attractive, and I don't like the idea of them being mournful and all "Eeek, I kill people to live; I'm a monster! I hate myself. Whine whine. Who called me emo?" , which often goes with the being attractive.

However, the attractive vampire without regret is not the most frequently used kind. The last time I can actually remember seeing one (outside of stories written by people I know) was in Dracula the Chamber Musical. That was such a good show.
Remember, kiddies. Thinking that Dracula is a sex symbol does not make you gay; just observent.

Did you just say that the nosferatu type is pretty?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:25 pm
-Isel-

That was the opposite of what I was saying... did I make a very well-placed typo?
*rereads* Oh, dear gods!
Right. That paragraph has been finished, though rather poorly, much closer to my point. I hate losing track of what I'm saying in the middle of a paragraph. Thank you for bringing the error to my attention.  

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:23 pm
Rellik San
-Isel-
I'm beginning to tire of the whole thing, actually.
True, isn't this like the 5th topic in the past fortnight about this?

It's really the whole concept that bores me, not just the way it is commonly repeated. Though, I will admit that this whole vampire center of many circles in the goth subculture is quite annoying in its abundance and monotony.

One could say I'm really beginning to tire of any sort of horror or Gothic concept that involves anything that is not human in the real dimension. Delusions of monsters would be perfect. However, if it is in the real dimension by way of already having been there (this statement excludes "delusions that become reality") then I wouldn't like it.

This encompasses my opinion of traditional Gothic "monsters".

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:22 pm
I like vampires but I'm starting to get bored of everything being about them, mainly books and movies. It's just starting to get old.  

NekoYasha09er

CloudsAaer1s

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:16 am
NekoYasha09er
I like vampires but I'm starting to get bored of everything being about them, mainly books and movies. It's just starting to get old.

I agree. Vampires are being mentioned too frequently these days to the point of it getting old. But still... I can't help but love them...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:30 pm
hi...yea, Vamps, as in..Vampires? i love vampires! hehe!

destructive emotions

Manah Uchiha

4,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:42 am
Lord Charlemain Richards
Hmm.... I know that there are some of you who are going to think less of me because of this, but here's my take on it.
I like girly-boy vampires, let's call them toreador, but not angsty vampires. I don't think one is required to be the other. I mean, yes, there is alot of pretty angsty vampires; but very often their attractiveness comes entirely from appearence and not personality, and since vampires are the opitomdy, in my mind, at least, of having a sexy affect; the playgirl models as vampires just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, yes, of course not everyone who turns is a frail goth girl with ebody curls, but that is still the image that comes to mind when one thinks of attractive vampires.

And what was that book... it was supposed to be a modern vampire romance... oh, yeah; Twilight. SUCKED! and not the way most vampires do. I did not like the way vampires worked in that universe. They could go into sunlight, they just shone like jewels. That sucked. I mean, what's the point of not going into the sun if it's not going to destroy you?

But then again, I like the idea of vampires as sex symbols, so it's not suprising that I prefer the pretty type of vampires. The nosferatu type Oh, dear god I forgot to finish this paragraph! *beats self into wall to create hole to hide in shame*
are anything but.
Nosferatu are replusive. They are designed to be so. They are far closer to the general idea of monsters then most other kinds of vampires, and... and... I'm sorry, I'm too embarassed about leaving this paragraph hanging to collect my thoughts properly.
Ehem.
The nosferatu type of vampire is more a monster than other types. I don't like it nearly as much.

But I've got to say I've got a predisposition towards Malcavians. That's the fricken crazy ones; for those of you who don't play Vampire and have no idea what I'm talking about. Boy I'm rambling with all the pretty words.
Anyway, I guess the point I was trying to make about the Malcavians is that I like the idea of vampires being attractive, and I don't like the idea of them being mournful and all "Eeek, I kill people to live; I'm a monster! I hate myself. Whine whine. Who called me emo?" , which often goes with the being attractive.

However, the attractive vampire without regret is not the most frequently used kind. The last time I can actually remember seeing one (outside of stories written by people I know) was in Dracula the Chamber Musical. That was such a good show.
Remember, kiddies. Thinking that Dracula is a sex symbol does not make you gay; just observent.

Holy Geez Dude!!!....You know Vampire the Masquerade?!?!.......oh..heh heh...you spelled Malkavian wrong^^....but it's ok!....geez! that's where I get all my twisted logic!....For people who dun know what he's talin about, check out Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines!!!...has a few bugs...But the Game still Kix a**!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:33 pm
I'm not as into vampires as I used to be, but some depictions are still okay.  

Katanas Blade

Katanas Blade

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:36 pm
-Isel-
Lord Charlemain Richards

But then again, I like the idea of vampires as sex symbols, so it's not suprising that I prefer the pretty type of vampires. The nosferatu type

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The most beautiful type of them all!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:11 pm
Manah Uchiha

Holy Geez Dude!!!....You know Vampire the Masquerade?!?!.......oh..heh heh...you spelled Malkavian wrong^^....but it's ok!....geez! that's where I get all my twisted logic!....For people who dun know what he's talin about, check out Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines!!!...has a few bugs...But the Game still Kix a**!!!!!!
I'm not suprised. I was born into a spelling errors. There's one on my birth certificate.  

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:06 pm
loveee vampires
love to bite, too.
cant control myself i can draw blood at times too but its not my fault.
but anyway...
yea i love vampires.
got myself chrome fangs.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:11 am
I adore vampires, but only real ones.
All those depicted in books and movies, no.

One of my favorite Historical beings is Vlad the Impaler.
Oh...and I do as a matter of fact think the Nosferatu type IS pretty. smile  

Siermana

Ruthless Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gaian 50

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:33 am
Siermana

You don't like vampires from books, but your favourite historical being is a fictional character created by Bram Stoker?

And if you think Nos are pretty, I think your missing the point, the idea is that their twisted appearance is meant to reflect the twisted and evil actions they perform.

Though I guess there are people that think Picasso's are beautiful, despite the guy having no sense of composition at all. Some people have strange taste.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:08 pm
vamps are awesome  

The Door to Death

-Isel-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:08 pm
Rellik San
Siermana

You don't like vampires from books, but your favourite historical being is a fictional character created by Bram Stoker?

And if you think Nos are pretty, I think your missing the point, the idea is that their twisted appearance is meant to reflect the twisted and evil actions they perform.

Though I guess there are people that think Picasso's are beautiful, despite the guy having no sense of composition at all. Some people have strange taste.

Okay, I can't believe you said that Vlad the Impaler is fictional.

Vlad the Impaler was one of Eastern Europe's defenses against invading men of the Ottoman Empire who earned his name by the way he sat his fallen enemies on sharpened upright timbers around his property, an effective tactic in demoralizing the enemy.

There's some manner of myth and folklore about him that led to a perception of him being vampiric, I don't know much about that, though.

Also, the Cubist style does not represent a lack of a sense of composition. All Modernist movements encapsulate a staged "lack of talent" to represent alternative forms of expression when compared to the contemporary Romantic styles. This is also captured in the uprising of short poetry resembling haikus, which lay in stark contrast to the florid words of Romantic poets in the 19th century.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff