I'm in a bad mood. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:26 am
I would totally do #37. I'll remember that next time I'm at my friend's grandpa's house and I'm firing the Mauser.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:55 pm
Just do what i do.

Whomever they're calling for? Say that they had just died yesterday and that they have no right to remind you of their untimely death.

Works every time ^__^  

Anima_Raptor

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:07 am
Hmm, thread necro.

Anyway, you think I'm an angry person?

I asked the person not to call nicely and still they persisted.

The problem is that I know some people who's caller ID comes up as Unknown, so picking up the phone in a strange voice would be weird.

Anyway, the latest rash of telemarketers are some cocksuckers from Florida that are giving me a 'final notice' on a deal that will save me money on car insurance.

I'm starting to ponder pressing 1 to talk to a representitive to give them s**t because when I pressed 2 to do whatever, stop them from calling you know, like it says they will, they called 3 more times.

They've been calling almost every day.
I think it's time to break out Zeh German ja?

Sie gefallen mir, kommen Sie noch meine haus und ficken Sie meine Schwester! WAHHHH!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:13 am
OberFeldwebel
Hmm, thread necro.

The problem is that I know some people who's caller ID comes up as Unknown, so picking up the phone in a strange voice would be weird.

Anyway, the latest rash of telemarketers are some cocksuckers from Florida that are giving me a 'final notice' on a deal that will save me money on car insurance.

I'm starting to ponder pressing 1 to talk to a representitive to give them s**t because when I pressed 2 to do whatever, stop them from calling you know, like it says they will, they called 3 more times.

Sie gefallen mir, kommen Sie noch meine haus und ficken Sie meine Schwester! WAHHHH!!!!
I get those calls all the time. "This is your final notice that the warranty on your car is about to expire..."

Umm... I've got 120,000 miles on my eleven-year-old car, and I'm the third owner. I THINK IT EXPIRED ALREADY.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:17 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Hmm, thread necro.

I get those calls all the time. "This is your final notice that the warranty on your car is about to expire..."

Umm... I've got 120,000 miles on my eleven-year-old car, and I'm the third owner. I THINK IT EXPIRED ALREADY.

My Grandmother got that one.
Mine was about car insurance I think, promising a better and lower rate.
Yeah, I'm sure some a** grabbers from Florida know how to save on someone's insurance that's in Minnesota.
confused  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:22 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Hmm, thread necro.

Yeah, I'm sure some a** grabbers from Florida know how to save on someone's insurance that's in Minnesota.
confused
I've been getting weekly envelopes from Geico for several months now. WE PROMISE WE CAN SAVE YOU 10% OR MORE... no, you can't. You're charging me my current six-month fee in two months. It's seriously pissing me off that they haven't given up yet.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:40 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Hmm, thread necro.

confused
I've been getting weekly envelopes from Geico for several months now. WE PROMISE WE CAN SAVE YOU 10% OR MORE... no, you can't. You're charging me my current six-month fee in two months. It's seriously pissing me off that they haven't given up yet.

Yeah, what a damn joke.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:55 pm
OberFeldwebel
Hmm, thread necro.

We keep getting crap about the warranty on our car being void or ways they can help us save our house from foreclosure even though we were foreclosed on and moved into an apartment 6 months ago. They also keep talking about saving us money on our credit cards when we don't have any. The ones that really make me rage though are when telemarketers call asking to talk to my grandmother even though she died over a year ago.

Anyway I think you're an angry person, but whenever I see you rage over something it's usually something worth raging over.

Example: British Telecom thread in CB

Fresnel
The commercials suck too. Some of the ones with the gecko are amusing, but in general just stupid.

I do like the one where the old man in the suit tries that whole "trust" exercise where you fall back trusting your friend to catch you.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:17 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel
Hmm, thread necro.

We keep getting crap about the warranty on our car being void or ways they can help us save our house from foreclosure even though we were foreclosed on and moved into an apartment 6 months ago. They also keep talking about saving us money on our credit cards when we don't have any. The ones that really make me rage though are when telemarketers call asking to talk to my grandmother even though she died over a year ago.

Anyway I think you're an angry person, but whenever I see you rage over something it's usually something worth raging over.

Example: British Telecom thread in CB

Fresnel
The commercials suck too. Some of the ones with the gecko are amusing, but in general just stupid.

I do like the one where the old man in the suit tries that whole "trust" exercise where you fall back trusting your friend to catch you.

Ah ok then.

Talking about commercials?

I hate the ones where they're extremely loud.

Seems to be the ones for Direct TV (our current supplier of Satellite TV), the UFC fighting ads, PPV and a bunch of others.

I have it down low enough so that the commercials don't make my ears bleed then when the show comes back I miss part of the dialogue because I can't hear d**k! With all these damn commercials I can't stop ******** around with the damn remote.
Set it down after turning it up, then suddenly commercial *EXPLOSION* (it's awesome how those PPV ads do that.) *ear bleeding* *fumbling with the remote and finally hitting the mute button.*
Someone should bring that through to the courts and force those ******** to normalize the audio and stop that s**t, because they're doing it for only one reason, to get people's attention. Much like those FBags at KFC used that Mosquito ringtone in the one ad to get kids to go, "WTF?" it also made my dogs bark like crazy.

I sent an e-mail to KFC and they sent me a response in snailmail. wtf?
Anyway, it's around here somewhere I think, I'll have to dig it up.

http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/sightings/mosquito-ring-tone-kfc-commercial/

That's the commercial in question.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:04 pm
OberFeldwebel

Ah ok then.

Seems to be the ones for Direct TV (our current supplier of Satellite TV), the UFC fighting ads, PPV and a bunch of others.

I have it down low enough so that the commercials don't make my ears bleed then when the show comes back I miss part of the dialogue because I can't hear d**k! With all these damn commercials I can't stop ******** around with the damn remote.
Set it down after turning it up, then suddenly commercial *EXPLOSION* (it's awesome how those PPV ads do that.) *ear bleeding* *fumbling with the remote and finally hitting the mute button.*
Someone should bring that through to the courts and force those ******** to normalize the audio and stop that s**t, because they're doing it for only one reason, to get people's attention. Much like those FBags at KFC used that Mosquito ringtone in the one ad to get kids to go, "WTF?" it also made my dogs bark like crazy.

http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/sightings/mosquito-ring-tone-kfc-commercial/

Actually regulation of audio shouldn't have to go to court. That should just be common sense. I hate how so many "common sense" things go to court like how coffee spilled in your lap apparently burns, how you can't just set cruise control in your car and take a nap, how McDonalds might make you fat. It's all just stupid.

We have Dish Network right now. Actually I find it stupid. When we first got Dish Network we got an a** load of commercials telling us to switch to Dish Network to save tons of cash. Eventually we switched to Direct TV and got lots of commercials telling us we would save money switching to Direct TV. We switched back to Dish Network now we're getting tons of commercials telling us we will save money switching to Dish Network. Just how are we going to save money switching to a system we already have? neutral  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:19 am
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel

Ah ok then.

Actually regulation of audio shouldn't have to go to court. That should just be common sense. I hate how so many "common sense" things go to court like how coffee spilled in your lap apparently burns, how you can't just set cruise control in your car and take a nap, how McDonalds might make you fat. It's all just stupid.

We have Dish Network right now. Actually I find it stupid. When we first got Dish Network we got an a** load of commercials telling us to switch to Dish Network to save tons of cash. Eventually we switched to Direct TV and got lots of commercials telling us we would save money switching to Direct TV. We switched back to Dish Network now we're getting tons of commercials telling us we will save money switching to Dish Network. Just how are we going to save money switching to a system we already have? neutral
The Hot Coffee lawsuit is actually pretty similar to the commercial volume thing. Her point wasn't that it burned her so much as that it was unnecessarily hot and nobody could possibly enjoy drinking it at that temperature.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:11 am
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel

Ah ok then.

People laugh in the face of common sense, if it gets people's attention they'll do it unless it will definitely get them sued. When they figure out or know that you use common sense they play it and ******** with you by being dicks.
We're dealing with people that are emotionally, and intellectually equivalent to 3rd graders and that's why we need, and in other cases have to, bring things to court.

The coffee that I drink is at one point too hot to drink, that's why I wait and blow on it.

So yeah, instead of having coffee how I want it, slightly below scalding, I have to drink it well below scalding because some retard spilled her coffee, burned herself, and sued because the lid didn't say it was hot and because no one can drink it at that temperature?
WTF.

That Cruise control = Autopilot moron should have died. But then the family would have gone all 'woe are us' s**t and 'keke u giv moneh!'

Yeah, I don't get why Service providers advertise on their own product.
It's... retarded.
Does Dish Network have high volume on their commercials too?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:38 am
OberFeldwebel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel

Ah ok then.

People laugh in the face of common sense, if it gets people's attention they'll do it unless it will definitely get them sued. When they figure out or know that you use common sense they play it and ******** with you by being dicks.
We're dealing with people that are emotionally, and intellectually equivalent to 3rd graders and that's why we need, and in other cases have to, bring things to court.

The coffee that I drink is at one point too hot to drink, that's why I wait and blow on it.

So yeah, instead of having coffee how I want it, slightly below scalding, I have to drink it well below scalding because some retard spilled her coffee, burned herself, and sued because the lid didn't say it was hot and because no one can drink it at that temperature?
WTF.
Her problem wasn't that it wasn't labeled 'hot', it was that the coffee was served at 180°F. That's only 30° below BOILING. Hot is 100°. It's just not physically possible for the vast majority of people to drink it that hot without injuring themselves, and the rest would be crazy to enjoy it.

Quote:
That Cruise control = Autopilot moron should have died. But then the family would have gone all 'woe are us' s**t and 'keke u giv moneh!'
Actually, that one's an urban legend. It never happened.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:34 am
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OberFeldwebel

Ah ok then.

The Hot Coffee lawsuit is actually pretty similar to the commercial volume thing. Her point wasn't that it burned her so much as that it was unnecessarily hot and nobody could possibly enjoy drinking it at that temperature.
I still think it's stupid to sue over that.

Ober: I don't really notice quiet tv with loud commercials on Dish, but I didn't notice it when I had direct TV either.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:36 am
Fresnel
Her problem wasn't that it wasn't labeled 'hot', it was that the coffee was served at 180°F. That's only 30° below BOILING. Hot is 100°. It's just not physically possible for the vast majority of people to drink it that hot without injuring themselves, and the rest would be crazy to enjoy it.

Quote:
Actually, that one's an urban legend. It never happened.
Well suing someone for making a drink too warm is even worse. As for the cruise control I just took the dumbest stories I heard from the top of my head.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff