Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Graphic Makers [TGM]

Back to Guilds

A guild where graphic designers / webpage builders can enjoy each others company. 

Tags: graphic, profile, web design, photoshop, design 

Reply The Graphic Makers
My banners. please give me your opinions. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BeardedDragonsRule91

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:33 pm
Reserved  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:50 pm
Bump  

BeardedDragonsRule91

ap_Angelic Purity_ap

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:54 pm
I love your art~! Its nicely put together~! 4laugh

Bumple~! heart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:55 pm
It looks like you use Microsoft Paint program.
They are VERY choppy and I don't like the designs or text colors.

I'm not trying to be mean, but just honest.  

EdibleCottonCandie

NLSGUNS

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:00 pm
For not being in the banner business for a while I'd say their okay.
Although they might be a little choppy and the colors are just a bit off...
I think it's good for a beginner. <3  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:31 pm

Work a little hard on the colors, and make them look a little bit less choppy.

I think they're okay since your starting with this

Shenne Akirami

Paine_Lovely128

600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:00 pm
Okay, with some of the banners, you should have the type lighter than the background. Never have your type dark as your background. Always have a contrast.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I definitely agree with Paine. Some of the words were hard to read on the banners. When you have a particularly colorful background, try to lighten it so that the words you have over it will show up and people won't be squinting at it to try to figure out what it says.

And the wishlists were a bit overwhelming, intimidating and confusing. I'd say, either use images of the items or just write the items out in words, but not both?

The Purple Cauliflower

Meikiyano

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:09 pm
BeardedDragonsRule91
User Image
i did this banner for another friend who wanted a picture of the moon and maybe some stars with the phrase depicted.

NOTE: I'm choosing this one to quote, since you asked, but my critique/suggestions mainly apply to all of your work shown in turn as the one i'm quoting. Also, in by no means am I a professional! This is just a detailed explanation that will help. Just shouting comments, whether positive or negative doesn't help. Knowing why and how something needs improvement does help.

Pros: I like the concept and creativity of this banner, while keeping your style of design in mind, and the person requesting it. The navy blue background is nice, and it reflects the idea of the stars and the moon very well. 3nodding

Out of the banners i've seen, this displays the best picture quality. ^_^

Cons: Other than the text that is hard to read, the text alignment is a little bothersome for me. It helps to align text where it is easily read, and where it visually attracts the person looking at the text to read/pay attention to it.

Suggestions: 1) Try saving your pictures in a different file extension, if possible. .JPEG isn't really recommended, even if it's standard. I usually save in .PNG, which helps a lot. Even if you download Photofiltre, (which is a free photo editor), it has different picture file extensions that help preserve the image.

2) Try to keep the subject of the work as appealing as possible. This is in relation to the text seen as quoted, and to all of your other pieces too. If this specific example was centered, it would provide for a more visually appealing banner, and a better outcome as a whole, in my opinion.

Best of luck and keep truckin'. You're doing well for starting out. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:39 pm
No bumps in forums please!

Carry on~ xD  

Dante Demoness
Vice Captain

I r a d i o a c t i v e I

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:46 pm
MAKE THE TEXT EASIER TO READ!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:14 pm
I don't advise using MS paint to make banners as the quality loss is VERY noticeable.

Also when making your banners make the text standout more, its currently very hard to see and hurts my eyes.

Also I would advise toning down your colors just a tad, I noticed in most of your banners you used very high contrast/fluro colors, you can use them sometimes I would just advise not all the time.

Also use clear fonts (Arial, Helvetica Times New Roman) and avoid Comic-sans, script text and anything to bold, or too slender.

Larzar

the regular gatsby

Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:06 pm
The text is difficult to read in many of them, the fonts are mucky and the images are choppy. You have awesome design ideas, but you should work on a palette of colors that compliment each other.

A better program than what appears to be MSPaint (we've all been there, brother) would be the first step- you can do so much more with a better program.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:19 pm
» I have to agree with everyone else up there. It's a great start, but MS Paint is a huge no-no in the Personalized Graphics industry, and people can really tell that you're new. What you need is GIMP, at least until you decide to buy Photoshop or something. And if you don't want to pay for it or can't afford it, mininova.org, that's all I'm saying.

» Personally, I prefer GIMP. I've been using it for a while now and it can pretty much do the same job as Photoshop, if not better. People think that GIMP doesn't have some of the features that Photoshop does, but the only one I've found that it doesn't is the magnetic lasso. I what I wouldn't give for a magnetic lasso...

» Anyways, good luck in your future endeavours.  

Spectacularism

Simplicities

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:27 am
I have three suggestions for you, that are very easy to follow.

•Always save as .png format when using Microsoft Paint. This optimizes the image for best quality in MS Paint.

•Try doing Pixel Graphics, such as single or double lined borders. Align your images in an identifiable order, such as image|image|image instead of making a huge mess.

•Try moving to GIMP. It greatly expands horizons, and you can get some quality tutorials for it.

Good luck!

The Graphic Makers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces