Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
Moral Justice? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

scintillio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:05 pm
Mobius Nightshade
Damn straight.

xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:13 pm
Dammie-kins
I came to steal your heart away...
I came to steal your heart...

We have all seen people who thought they were doing the "right" thing by opposing someone who is being a "Tyrant" or a "Bully" but being a "Rebel" or "Renegade" any better than the "Tyrant" themselves? Is it just to be a "Freedom Fighter" and not Conforming to a society that promotes peace just as morally unsound? "Peace" has its own morality but what would it be like if there wasnt a "freedom fighter" or a radical "insurgant"?

(p.s.-I put it that way for a reason mobius so people would HAVE to compare them to realize the larger scale of the discussion)

...I walked away with a Soul Mate
...I walked away with a Soul Mate

I don't feel that such a thing. As a freedom fighter or anything like that is really needed. An attempt at reasoning should be attempted in all cases. But if the opposing faction refuses to listen to reason. Then forcing there hand is the best course of act. Those that will not listen to reason will listen to discipline. Sometimes you have to just hall off and smack someone. To make them step back and think things through. And if they do not they are a fool.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:42 am
I'd still like to see Raito Yagami's point of view on this. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:04 am
If someone wants to rebel for the unjustice in the system, it´s not only one person it will be more to put a real good fight, still will be for the high classes to begin the rebel becuase they are mad with the actual system and they want to form another to keep more power and freedom.
Not only that but the poor classes that join the rebel is because they have been promise with the hope of a better life, but the hard truth will be the same for them not really a better life or healthy, only the same suffer. So in the end no one is a real hero and no one is good or bad, only exist the selfish of the humanity to have more power or money.
.n_n.  

Zhadgon

Dapper Perfectionist

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:18 am
I suppose it would depend on the methods the anti took against the establishment......

violence? peace? who defines them for each person but they themselves... Mobius said it best, but apparently only he can retain his wonderful and terrifying balance.

Would anyone say that Ghandi was a terrorist for going on a hunger strike and protesting peacefully? I am sure there are those who would have that viewpoint, but they are in turn called the same nasty word by their opposers.

humans, eh?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:03 am
Quote:
who defines them for each person but they themselves...

Now this sentence right here. Has been the butt of many arguments I've had. It doesn't matter what a person thinks. And saying well other peoples opinions are just as valid as others isn't valid in itself. (That last statement was a common argument I've heard on this subject. So I figured I should shoot it down before someone brings it up). The only thing that really matters is are they really doing good. I guess you could figure this up by what the situation caused.

People standing on the sidewalk with signs protesting in front of a restaurant. Neutral (It is not harming anyone for those people to be standing where they are. Trying to make change happens).

The business starts to loose most of its business. Because people don't want to eat in a restaurant. That has people in front of it with signs. This isn't good (Despite what the people may be trying to do. There actions are inconveniencing both the owner of the shop and the people that like to eat there).

The police show up to break up the group of protesters. Justified (The customers and owner of the restaurant shouldn't be inconvenienced. By what some other people believe. Freedom of Speech doesn't give a person the freedom to be an idiot. At this point the protesters can leave the area. And find some other way to promote there idea. That doesn't inconvenience those around them. Or they can fight back which will give the police the right to use force within reason.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:19 am
Reality is relative to the one percieving it. Just as a person having extreme hallucinations will have the injuries that imagined having, so too will justice be whatever it will be to a person. Just as a dowser believe their rods will work and finds water, so too can an unjust action be just to a person who sees it as just. Basic Carpenter's Theory, applied to idealism.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:45 pm
unless the people were actively restraining people from going in, the owner can;t call the cops.... freedom of assembly on a public sidewalk. If they moved it to the parking lot... cops can then intercede...

even our laws are ambivalent about protestors...  

Lady Rayya

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces