Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Firearm n00bs: Post your links to them here. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:04 pm
exploding-waffles
*self link to warn others*'

kudos too you for admiting your lack of knowledge, and tryingto learn.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:00 pm
Kalani Lu
Fresnel
Battered_n_Bruised
a double barrel pump action twelve shot Shot Gun with slugs(thin piece of metal placed in the center of a shot gun shell to maximize damage, used in game hunts) would be nice. Then I would have .45 magnums with hollow points and extra clips(other word for cartridge) as well as a non to semi-auto SMG with silencer.
The only thing in that paragraph that makes even remote sense is the ".45 magnum":

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But he used "clips" instead of magazine and thought that cartridge was a simile for both, so yeah, ******** him. stressed
Hey, wait a second. If he meant a .45 Long Colt when he said .45 magnum, then "clip" would be correct. They'd be full-moon clips for a revolver, no? Of course, "cartridge" is still wrong, but it does lower his noobidity level some.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:45 pm
Fresnel
Kalani Lu
Fresnel
Battered_n_Bruised
a double barrel pump action twelve shot Shot Gun with slugs(thin piece of metal placed in the center of a shot gun shell to maximize damage, used in game hunts) would be nice. Then I would have .45 magnums with hollow points and extra clips(other word for cartridge) as well as a non to semi-auto SMG with silencer.
The only thing in that paragraph that makes even remote sense is the ".45 magnum":

But he used "clips" instead of magazine and thought that cartridge was a simile for both, so yeah, ******** him. stressed
Hey, wait a second. If he meant a .45 Long Colt when he said .45 magnum, then "clip" would be correct. They'd be full-moon clips for a revolver, no? Of course, "cartridge" is still wrong, but it does lower his noobidity level some.

no, iit doesn't because he doesn't even understand the terms you used...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:01 pm
Freak_090
Fresnel
Kalani Lu
Fresnel
Battered_n_Bruised

no, iit doesn't because he doesn't even understand the terms you used...
Well, he was at least slightly right. I guess it really is possible to fail so hard you win. razz  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Old Lord Brocktree

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:34 am
Fresnel
Kalani Lu
Fresnel
Battered_n_Bruised

No, because no gun that I've ever heard of that fires long colt used clips, only a loading gate.

I use the terms clip and magazine almost interchangeably due to modernization of the two words.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:41 am
Old Lord Brocktree
Fresnel
Kalani Lu
Fresnel
Battered_n_Bruised

No, because no gun that I've ever heard of that fires long colt used clips, only a loading gate.

I use the terms clip and magazine almost interchangeably due to modernization of the two words.
I assume you know what I meant by "full moon clips", correct?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:48 am
Fresnel

I've always heard the expression "half moon" clips when referring to the semi circle clips one must apply to rimless ammunition like the .45 ACP when used in revolvers designed to accept such ammo.

The one specific example I recall was of a U.S. built revolver that allowed one to place two such clips in a revolver, three per clip. Somewhat similar to a speed loader.

Ah, a quick Google supports my memory...
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-75211985.html

Half Moon clips it is.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:39 am
Floyd
Fresnel

I've always heard the expression "half moon" clips when referring to the semi circle clips one must apply to rimless ammunition like the .45 ACP when used in revolvers designed to accept such ammo.

The one specific example I recall was of a U.S. built revolver that allowed one to place two such clips in a revolver, three per clip. Somewhat similar to a speed loader.

Ah, a quick Google supports my memory...
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-75211985.html

Half Moon clips it is.
They both exist. Pic of a "moon clip". And from that very article you posted:
Quote:
People still hate those half-moon clips, but the advent of full-moon clips that hold six rounds has had a profound effect. If you've ever watched someone who is really skilled reload a revolver with full moon clips, it is far faster than anything you've ever seen with a pistol.

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OO23OO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:59 pm
spawn18
Name: Jonathan
sex: Male
bio: Landed on the island chasing A drug lord and he was shot down here so here I am to try to fined him and take him in alive or comferm he is dead. He is A Recon sniper he can be nice as can be then he can turn cool and heartlis befor you can say hi.
Pic do not have 1 yet.

skills: Recon and stelth
Weapons 1 .45 and A M24 Sniper Rifle it's A bolt-action and takes 51.mm rounds.

Wow..... wow.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:25 pm
OO23OO
spawn18
bio: Landed on the island chasing A drug lord and he was shot down here so here I am to try to fined him and take him in alive or comferm he is dead. He is A Recon sniper he can be nice as can be then he can turn cool and heartlis befor you can say hi.
Pic do not have 1 yet.

Wow..... wow.

what he fails to mention is that the round is 51mm LONG.
.308 = 7.62x51  

Freak_090
Captain

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:58 pm
His bad grammar and spelling made a tumor grow in my brain.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:40 pm
Freak_090
OO23OO
spawn18
Pic do not have 1 yet.

Wow..... wow.

what he fails to mention is that the round is 51mm LONG.
.308 = 7.62x51
I thought he meant .50BMG, but I guess you're right on this one.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

I am an eggplant
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:22 am
SierraBT
I came across the holy grail of ignorance.

This was a response to my Mossy thread in the GD.

killernightmares
I laugh at you VERY much. Not only does your "mossy" look like an overdone Airsoft rifle, but the knife you have on there is going to be desicrated by the second shot. Every dumbass knows that shotguns spray even at close range, now if you ONLY shoot slugs you might be okay, but then again you wouldn't need a goddamned bayonette on a shotgun. Youre a #1 class 5 FAIL.
P.S I read the post on the m16 with a bayonette, the only practical use for bayonettes are on black powder single shots. Trust me, when you get an automatic rifle going, you wont need a bayonette.
P.P.S You can't be good at using them because,
1. Theres nowhere to practice unless you have a 100 mile cattle ranch
2. Even if there was a 100 mile cattle ranch, theres nothing to practice ON
3. Even if there was somthing to practice on it wouldn't be moving and it wouldn't have a S.W.A.T shield.

P.P.P.S
My swordmanship, forging, and Martial arts could waste your automatic, gun relying a** anyday.

It gets better from here.

He's baaack! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:30 pm
yes because we all enlisted for the fully automatic service rifle, which does not exist...  

Blargety

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces