Submit

Yes?
  no
  yes
  maybe
View Results

6vampire6mistress6

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:35 pm
Yeah but Potter is over with now, and it was begginnig to drag, ya know? Even though I do love my Malfoy *sigh* whee

If I were Stephenie, and someone told me what to do, I'd get a whole HUGE ton of papers and dump it all over their head and chuck a pen at them and be like "ok fine!! write!! go on then, write it!!!!!!!! no?" *pluck the pen away* "Then shut up and write a fan fic, but don't bother me about it. Get it, got it, good!" scream scream evil evil burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:48 pm
6vampire6mistress6
Yeah but Potter is over with now, and it was begginnig to drag, ya know? Even though I do love my Malfoy *sigh* whee

If I were Stephenie, and someone told me what to do, I'd get a whole HUGE ton of papers and dump it all over their head and chuck a pen at them and be like "ok fine!! write!! go on then, write it!!!!!!!! no?" *pluck the pen away* "Then shut up and write a fan fic, but don't bother me about it. Get it, got it, good!" scream scream evil evil burning_eyes
haha yeah
because they would probably ruin it
and go omgsh i'm too stupid to write a book
and then i'd say mhm..that's exactly why you're not writing it  

xbookxwormx

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:27 pm
Either way I don't care. I think that if you're a true fan of something, then the popularity of it shouldn't bother you. If you want to feel special because you read something 'unpopular' or 'unknown', then go and do that! It doesn't mean that you have to give up liking the Twilight series; you can say that you got there first.

And everyone dislikes those people who are n00bs for books. I hate it; especially when they decide to write fanfiction, it's terrible! *twitches* It's why I've been avoiding looking at fanfiction for it on Fanfiction.net; I read all mine on a Live Journal community.

Well, I think I'm done with my ranting for now. I'm going back to my CSI: Miami and other stuff.

Twilight  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I think it's a problem I've had my entire life. Whenever something gets popular I just stop liking it. Not even when something gets popular..but when other people I know start liking stuff that I do, I just suddenly don't like it anymore. I can't even count the number of things that I feel had been taken away from me by my friends. Bands, books, movies, actors...

It's not like I do it on purpose, I hate not liking certain things anymore. I just get really pissed off too many people like the things I do and talk and obsess about it.

My friends all thought it was weird and unnatural for me to be like that, so I'm glad I've found other people who feel the same way.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

KiraLight
Crew

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:37 pm
KiraLight
I think it's a problem I've had my entire life. Whenever something gets popular I just stop liking it. Not even when something gets popular..but when other people I know start liking stuff that I do, I just suddenly don't like it anymore. I can't even count the number of things that I feel had been taken away from me by my friends. Bands, books, movies, actors...

It's not like I do it on purpose, I hate not liking certain things anymore. I just get really pissed off too many people like the things I do and talk and obsess about it.

My friends all thought it was weird and unnatural for me to be like that, so I'm glad I've found other people who feel the same way.
i feel the exact same way!
I can't help it
my boyfriend has even almost prevented me from reading eclipse
i got mad at him
i think when something like music or a book that you really love and it's yours and then someone else listens to it or reads it and becomes in love with it like you, it loses its magic
i can't really explain it
and then i feel like i'm not a good enough fan because i don't remember everything in the book.
and i feel like an even worse fan when people say well if it's popular it still shouldn't stop you from liking it.
well, i can't really help it.
gah
scream  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:27 am
Yeah, the popularity rise sucks... Too many AUs are in the Twilight section of fanfiction.net. >.< JxB is everywhere. Gah... it's just not right! Sure I like Jacob, but it's not the way the storyline goes!!! >.< Jacob will never end up with Bella, no matter how much any of us wish he would (That does not include me, I don't want any JxB because it's impossible). Edward will never be paired with Jessica either! The Cullens will never go to your school, and Meggie from Inkheart will not read Edward out of Twilight!!!

Sorry about that... fanfiction.net is just getting a LOT of trouble lately too... you have to go through like, seven pages of s**t to get to the real stuff. Well, not real, but I think y'all know what I mean.

People around my school are getting yellow contacts. Quite a few kids at my school have been suspended for biting other people on the neck and wrists. A kid named Edward is suddenly becoming more popular by the day. People are starting to kick others out of their "cliques" if they haven't read the book... damn... it's like a Twilight revolution at my school.

hospitalflowers

3,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100

featherbee

7,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:51 am
Thanks guys.
Yeah it was a joke.
I know I'm not like a vampire(btw I was the one that made that topic) but I was kidding. Like I said before, it was a joke. What gets me is when people take things overboard!!! Like this! Who cares if it's popular?! It's not a big deal! Jeez guys grow up.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:14 am
xbookxwormx
KiraLight

I can't help it
i got mad at him
i think when something like music or a book that you really love and it's yours and then someone else listens to it or reads it and becomes in love with it like you, it loses its magic
and then i feel like i'm not a good enough fan because i don't remember everything in the book.
and i feel like an even worse fan when people say well if it's popular it still shouldn't stop you from liking it.
gah
scream
Yes!Yes! Exactly!
I read Twilight but didn't really tell my friends about it. But they were there when I bought my copy so they all wanted to borrow it, then after that like my entire group of friends were obsessed with it. So I was soo angry I couldn't enjoy New Moon as much as I wanted to. When Eclipse came out I couldn't even stand to hear people talking about it and didn't read it until like a month after its release, after they told me that they thought the series was dragging on and they weren't as interested in it anymore.

All my friends keep telling me that it's a good thing when other people like the same things you do, but like you said. I can't help it!

KiraLight
Crew

G u m b a u l l

Kindly Phantom

7,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:31 am
Zirumi
xbookxwormx
Zirumi
xbookxwormx
6vampire6mistress6
No, I don't think Twilight itself is too popular, but I do think that vampires are. Ever since Stephanie wrote her book, there's been a "rash" of vampire fever across the nation. This poses 2 problems for me:
1. The whole vampire popularity thing will be history right as I get my book finished and no one will wanna read it XD
2. If there are any real vampires around, they're either walking around claiming to be vampires while a lot of humans are so that they can blend in OR they went into hiding cause they're scared of us. I think the first option scares me more though... makes me a little paranoid. Who knows what/who we're really walking around with every day?

*covers up i heart vampires t-shirt and goes to the closet*
Come on Jasper, you don't need to hide out forever... no humans are gonna hurt you. Look, I've got a blood cookie! Come on Jassie, come get it! *gets tackled* Off. Good boy!! Such a good wittle vampire!! xd blaugh
haha
that too
vampires are becoming popular which is making them almost uncool
i guess i'm kind of a freak b/c i like to be individual
and if something becomes too popular like AFI
used be my favorite band
but then everybody was singing miss murder and i saw the music video on MTV and i stopped liking AFI
i don't want that to happen with twilight though sad
it makes me wanna cry
Wow, I know how that is. Especially, when we get noobie fans who read the first 2 pages and think thwy know everything about the book(and also skipping In New Moon*mumbles* cheaters)
yes! god
and then go around going omgsh i'm so like a vampire
omgsh i'm so a vampire
omgsh i'm sooo like alice
omgsh i'm soooo like bella
no you're not
go to hell-o!
geez..
this is what happens when i pms..

xd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:37 am
I went to the Bookstore yesterday and um, all there where where vampire books. I mean I love the series and all but where are all the books that don't relate to vampires? Plus I can't stand Fanfiction. Leave It to the author. If thats how they want the story to go then (since they're the author) they should be able to have the right to decide who ends up with who. I never thought it was right to use charicters from books and stuff as a charicter for YOUR own story. Its like stealing. (( I know my name is Bella Swan. I know your probaly thining what a newb. But honestly I do love the series I do wish that i could become friends with people on gaia who love the series who don't think i'm obseesed. ... welll... you get what i'm trying to say right? okay but i love the sries and i'm so much like bella. our parents our both named charlie and renee. * without the vampire 4 a boyfriend. we both seek adventure, love and to mean something. thats why i used her name for a gaia account))  

G u m b a u l l

Kindly Phantom

7,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Generous 100

PurpleViolinist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:51 am
I guess I'm guilty of contributing to the "Twilight Revolution."
I'm responsible for getting about five people obsessed with Twilight. I do agree that the popularity of the books is becoming irritating, but it's still nice to know that other people can enjoy them, too. Also, I was late to jump on the bandwagon, so to speak. I picked up Twilight in August 2007 - right when Eclipse came out. I finished them all in about two weeks though.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:22 am
PurpleViolinist
I guess I'm guilty of contributing to the "Twilight Revolution."
I'm responsible for getting about five people obsessed with Twilight. I do agree that the popularity of the books is becoming irritating, but it's still nice to know that other people can enjoy them, too. Also, I was late to jump on the bandwagon, so to speak. I picked up Twilight in August 2007 - right when Eclipse came out. I finished them all in about two weeks though.

I did the same thing; but that's only because my mom stole them from me before I could actually read them... she bought them for me but then decided that she wanted to read them so she didn't give them to me until then.

My school I don't really see much of the Twilight Revolution. But it may be because I'm in the AP program and not in the regular program, but I don't really see it all that much. Maybe it has to do with geography? I think the Twilight series is more of people's dirty little secrets...

Twilight.  

Twilight Scribe

6vampire6mistress6

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:57 am
I know I'm a twilight addict..... however, I also love Anne Rice.
I'm trying to get more people to read Anne's books so that the whole Twilight popularity will go down and then the people who have been with it since the beginning can feel like it's our again^^  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:12 pm
6vampire6mistress6
I know I'm a twilight addict..... however, I also love Anne Rice.
I'm trying to get more people to read Anne's books so that the whole Twilight popularity will go down and then the people who have been with it since the beginning can feel like it's our again^^

Anne Rice is good too.  

Twilight Scribe

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:45 pm
KiraLight
xbookxwormx
KiraLight

I can't help it
i got mad at him
gah
scream
Yes!Yes! Exactly!
I read Twilight but didn't really tell my friends about it. But they were there when I bought my copy so they all wanted to borrow it, then after that like my entire group of friends were obsessed with it. So I was soo angry I couldn't enjoy New Moon as much as I wanted to. When Eclipse came out I couldn't even stand to hear people talking about it and didn't read it until like a month after its release, after they told me that they thought the series was dragging on and they weren't as interested in it anymore.

All my friends keep telling me that it's a good thing when other people like the same things you do, but like you said. I can't help it!
i know what you mean
my other friend is like that
but i don't really like the same music as her
that's probably why we're friends haha
and to answer the question who cares if it's getting popular?
i do
because it's annoying
people get too obsessed
i don't think that like putting your avatar name as bella swan is obsessed but i mean like living, breathing, thinking, and knowing every little detail about the book is annoying rolleyes
i'm glad you agree with me  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces