Vampire Names Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Toasterladd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:14 pm
An -admer sound is popular.
Such as Vlademir. I've seen that name quite a few times. but not all vampire names are crazy and out there. My vampire name would be a usual human name.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:29 am
Ok all of those out there who are dissing the names I've posted, step off! I got those from a website and thought I'd be helpful and nice and repost them. All names comes from a different source and region at one time. My RL name for instant, normally doesn't come up on anything because it's considered to be SARA, a hibrew name meaning Princess. And yet my name is nothing like SARA....any name that sounds dark, mythical and shadowy can be considered Vampyre...it's up to whomever uses it.

And I spell my Vampyre with a 'Y' because I prefer is that way...I could go all superior and say Upir instead of Vampyre. It's the same reason why I spell faery with an 'E'...because I like it that way.

xxRaixx

LadyRaiden

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:05 am
just one...

"Angrista Shadowmire"

Gayax's book of names: translation = ironfire of the shadowmire.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:47 pm
lucretia?  

Sadistic light

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:54 pm
Deacon?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:57 pm
LadyRaiden
Ok all of those out there who are dissing the names I've posted, step off! I got those from a website and thought I'd be helpful and nice and repost them. All names comes from a different source and region at one time. My RL name for instant, normally doesn't come up on anything because it's considered to be SARA, a hibrew name meaning Princess. And yet my name is nothing like SARA....any name that sounds dark, mythical and shadowy can be considered Vampyre...it's up to whomever uses it.

And I spell my Vampyre with a 'Y' because I prefer is that way...I could go all superior and say Upir instead of Vampyre. It's the same reason why I spell faery with an 'E'...because I like it that way.

xxRaixx

Why would a dark and 'gothic' name be associated with a vampire? You'd have to be a pretty damn pretentious vampire to think your so uppity as to give yourself a name like that. The kind of vampire that would usually get smacked down by his elders for talking out of turn.  

Rellik San
Crew

LadyRaiden

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:32 pm
Rellik San
LadyRaiden

xxRaixx

Why would a dark and 'gothic' name be associated with a vampire? You'd have to be a pretty damn pretentious vampire to think your so uppity as to give yourself a name like that. The kind of vampire that would usually get smacked down by his elders for talking out of turn.

I don't mean to imply that the only 'true' vampyre names are dark and gothic, it's just in my personal experience (through literature and movies) most vampyre names are dark and gothic.

And it really depends on what kind of Vampyre you're trying to play....because some Vampyres don't have Elders...there are millions upon millions of different varients when it comes to Vampyre's....there is no right and wrong to this creature.

I suggest going for a name that suits your Vampyre, whether its a dark and gothic name, or the most mundane used name around. IT has to suit who you're playing otherwise it just wont work.

xxRaixx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:41 pm
well really you can name a vampire whatever you want to. if you think about it a vampire got their name before they became a vamp usually. but just read some good books on the subject. they will give you some ideas.  

runekai

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:49 pm
-Isel-

Azrael, I'm sure, is an angel name... Mikail is the Russian transliteration of "Michael"

Almost all names that end "Ael" are angellic names. "Iel" is often an alternate spelling.

Sachael (also spelled Sachiel), Azrael, Samael, Gabrael (Gabriel), Levanael, Ariel, Uriel, Raphael, Selaphael, Jegudael, Barachiel, Michael...

Et' cetera.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:29 pm
I would just keep my regular name Danielle. I would want people who find out it's the real me and not some I am born anew and need a new name kind of thing.  

NekoYasha09er

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:25 pm
GilAskan
-Isel-

Azrael, I'm sure, is an angel name... Mikail is the Russian transliteration of "Michael"

Almost all names that end "Ael" are angellic names. "Iel" is often an alternate spelling.

Sachael (also spelled Sachiel), Azrael, Samael, Gabrael (Gabriel), Levanael, Ariel, Uriel, Raphael, Selaphael, Jegudael, Barachiel, Michael...

Et' cetera.

Yeah, and I don't see why an Angel's name would be fitting for a vampire, really.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:42 pm
-Isel-
GilAskan
-Isel-

Et' cetera.

Yeah, and I don't see why an Angel's name would be fitting for a vampire, really.

Can't really say that I can think of a fitting name that isn't campy or overused.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:16 pm
-Isel-
GilAskan
-Isel-

Et' cetera.

I think it's the whole fallen-from-grace thing.
"I'm not just a vampire, I'm a vampire who identifies as a fallen angel!" Vampire types can get a little silly. Especially when they're being serious.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:00 pm
-Isel-
GilAskan
-Isel-

Et' cetera.

Well, individual Angels embody different concepts. You could use that specifically to illustrate a point.

Michael, for example, was something of a field commander and warrior for God's army of Angels. If you considered yourself (or your character) physically powerful, and with a strong sense of justice, the name would work well.

Gabriel was a messenger. Works for someone who is a good speaker or writer.

Raphael was a healer (his name literally implies it, meaning something along the lines of "God's Healing" or "God Heals" in hebrew), and could be applied to a compassionate person.

Uriel? Flame of God.
Sachael? "Covering of God", or Protector.
Et' cetera.  

GilAskan
Crew

Quillvore_Doomfiend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:48 pm
You shall be named Arlen Endecott (you can add "the conqueror" or "the impaler" if you like).  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff