Submit

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:39 pm
Granted, I haven't been to a lot of events, but the ones I have been to, the guys (and gals) do a lot of ring checking.

I may not be married (legally, at least), but I do wear my claddaugh as if I were. I think that's prevented a lot of guys from at least asking me (though I still flirt shamelessly. It's fun).  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:45 pm
Someone doing it right next to me..., depends on the person, but yeah, it most likely would piss me off big time... But honestly, if people meet and get laid, hook-up, whatever, good for them, I'm happy for them! SCA is about socializing with fellow reinactors (I have no clue how to spell that) so I dont think its wrong really, but people might wanna think about others...  

Eilifr

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:47 am
Artimus_Twitch
alot of guys go after the young girls here alot.
Even when I was 17 I had alot of guys flurting, and I see underage girls getting half fondled at events and usually have to gosave them, or grab my baroness and we both go save them, whether they want to be saved or not.

I am happy that there are at least some decent members of my household, who are big and scary(and at the moment Prince) who know I am not into that and pretty much scare anyone off before they start trying too hard, or wont leave me alone.

Hmm, I've noticed around here there's a lot of FLIRTING. I mean, I can't help it - my persona is the BIGGEST flirt in the known world.

But that's just it. She's a flirt - and has thus been labelled a tease by some. There are just some things I won't do

This doesn't mean that I haven't shared a tent before - I have no problems sharing a tent with a gentleman that I've met earlier in the day - I just make sure that neither of us are drunk (I don't ever get drunk at events though - that's usually just asking for trouble at the larger events), and set down the rules beforehand.

'Yes, we're sharing a tent, yes we're sleeping together, no we're not having sex. This is purely a 'hot waterbottle' on a cold night situation.
stare Hands (or any other extremities) in unwanted places WILL BE REMOVED from the body they belong to. Any questions?'

It helps that - not only can I take care of myself - but I have far too many people to name, who would castrate any man so unchivalrous as to ignore the fact that 'No' - indeed means 'No.'  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:24 am
I'm down in central An Tir and yeah it can get pretty bad at events here too.  

Felix OFlyn

Not-So-Sweet Transvestite

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:36 am
Minuet alCalive

I do know that some households are more the party going type at wars. I tend to hang around those that are there to really recreate history.

Just as a point of clarification, these two aren't mutually exclusive. My household recreates period revelry. Mostly. Except the one time they decided to period-ize beer pong, but I don't think they're planning to do that again. Ale-rat was awful.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:35 am
I can't think of anyone I'd share hotel space with who'd do such as what the first post describes. Such a person would certainly hear from me if they tried!

I know there are hookups even in my quieter area but nothing seems to be out of hand. Revelry has gotten a bit much at events a time or two, but better control of noise and drinking rules the next time around has taken care of that.

Mostly I attend events that cater to the more academic and historical aspects of the SCA and thus avoid the socializing for sex behaviors. Such widespread, and more openly displayed, behaviors at the larger events are part of what makes me hesitate to even think about going to Pensic or Gulf Wars.

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:16 am
I've only been to two events in the year I've been involved with the SCA, and at neither one did I hear of sexual hook-ups or see any "jockeying" for such things. I've seen people looking for someone to keep warm by (no sex, no handsiness, gender unimportant, and rules clearly defined beforehand and in public so that there were witnesses), but I never saw anyone trying to get... what rhymes with "paid." I'm sure it happens, but I never saw it happen in my presence. One of the two events was Gulf Wars. Your mileage may vary, but honestly, I think if you make your intentions clear, you won't be bothered.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:56 am
Oh, we've got a lot of flirting and a lot of drinking but not so much with the rampant indiscriminate one night stands. There's the occasional hook-up at some of the more massive events but a lot of folks in my area actually play as couples and families, so it's not really something I see much of.  

Out to the Black

SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces