Reply The Official Australian Guild
GOODBYE JONNY Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deschaine

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:29 am
I was hoping Kevin would win. I think we needed a change in this way, you know equal chances for women etc. I didn't vote for him but still. He also seems like a more accessible person. I am looking forward to seeing how he handles it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:24 pm
Saddest thing about this is that we are going to go through some troubled times economically... and the blame will be put on Rudd and Labor. The thing is they are inheriting what is left over from the Liberals, plus the world market isnt that crash hot at the moment either, so it is more how they are going to handle it than being their fault.

Found it interesting that throughout the Liberal campaign they were saying about high interest rates under Labor, but failed to mention the fact that when Howard was treasurer between Whitlam (10.5% interest rate) and Hawke (17% interest rate followed by 12% under Keating) that the interest rate reached 22%... making the reality seem that labor put in the work to correct his mess and he profited from it in '96

Lynx Raven Raide

Demonic_Angel_89

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:15 am
The first thing i said when i found out kevin was our new pm was:
"Yay our country is screwed for at least the next 3 years"

(off topic: i havent been in guilds for ages)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:02 am
Why do people think it was all Howard and the Liberals who managed to boost Australia's economy?

No doubt some of their policies probably helped, but when China and India are vying for any available resource they can get their hands on, it's not hard to see the money pouring into the economy through the mining and natural resources sector.

So while we were all swimming in money, what creative policies or large infrastructure project did Howard implement? Work Choices. What a wasted 11 years of government, just stuff everyone's pockets full of money and do nothing else. Could not be happier to see the man leave.

Having said that, I voted Greens 1, Labour 2. I'm just a bit more left-wing than the church-going Rudd.  

WellzY
Crew

Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:32 pm
I voted Labor 1, only cause I wanted to see the back of the Liberals. Unfortunatly the party I usually vote for has now disappeared from federal parliament...

Side note, good to see Nick Xenaphon get in. Whoever is in government better be on their toes while he is in the federal senate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:40 am
I voted for Labour. I was glad the see the end of Howard's reign, and it's not like he would have been PM for the whole term anyway - he was going to retire. I don't like politics, they're all a bunch of idiots who could do with a lesson or two in how to run the country.

Same goes with the government in WA. We now have a Liberal government, mostly because of the Nationals joining the Liberals. Stupid Labour calling elections early. Though I voted for an independent, so I didn't contribute to this disaster - *cowers at the thought of uranium mining in WA*.

goddess_tyche

The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces