Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Yay for Sasha's (Gambino Outfitters) New Item!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

People Count
  +1
View Results

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:41 pm
Not a damn thing wrong with acrylic as long as it washes up nice and feels good in your hands.

Now, if you want to talk from an enviromental standpoint, it has it's problems, but lets not go there. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:58 am
I find that acrylic is best for some projects, at least in crochet. Red Heart makes the best hot pads, and yes, I've made a few to take to family potluck dinners because there are never enough hot pads at the hall for all of the dishes that need them.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:40 am
Yeah, acrylic is great for color and washability. Nobody in the guild comes off as a "yarn snob" to me - sorry if I inadvertently offended someone. sweatdrop I've met a couple in real life though.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:56 am
AriRashkae
Now we need spinning wheels and drop spindles.....

(Still waiting for ren faire wench stuff xp )

Mine's working on the sweater I keep promising my husband. sweatdrop

Spinning wheels and drop spindles would be awesome. heart

I wish there had been a red knitting item, but I'm really happy with what we have. :3  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:09 pm
dude... see, I go offline and cool itrems come out. Man... *trots off to get one*  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:18 pm
Brunette_Star
Yeah, acrylic is great for color and washability. Nobody in the guild comes off as a "yarn snob" to me - sorry if I inadvertently offended someone. sweatdrop I've met a couple in real life though.

I've met a few yarn snobs too so I wasn't offended, I just didn't want you thinking that you should feel bad for using acrylic. I've gotten the nose in the air treatment from a yarn store owner because I crochet and at the time I didn't knit at all. I went around petting all of her yarn and then I just left. twisted  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:30 am
My avatar is just fondling the yarn and getting ready to stab someone or something biggrin If I only had dpns for my avatar I could make socks...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:31 pm
Yeah, yarn snobs stink. Why do they have to put other people down to feel good about themselves?  

Brunette_Star

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:18 pm
I'll wager they do that with a lot of things, not jsut yarn. Those are the same kinds of people who will be rude to servers and "low-class" people (even if the jerk in question is of no "higher" class" ) because they feel superior.

Me? I'm civil at the bare minimum, until a person does something to warrant my contempt. I don't just assume I'm better than anyone else.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:44 pm
Kekeke, I'm knitting with angora straight off the bunny!

(first post in guild, hi!)  

Charmmi

nya417

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:28 pm
i just bought the white one. i was extremely excited to see that since i just started to learn how to knit a few weeks ago and am currently obsessed. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:04 pm
I noticed that too when they first came out, those and the bubble gum item are my favorites. I may buy them if I can make a good avatar with them.  

Delirium K

Man-Hungry Millionaire

10,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:24 pm
Zap!bunny
Kekeke, I'm knitting with angora straight off the bunny!

(first post in guild, hi!)

Awesomeness! xd Hi!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:18 pm
I was going to suggest to them a knitting item, I'm so glad they've come up with one! I bought one of each colour heart  

Safiya_Ai

Cupcake Baking Princess

7,225 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:40 pm
i was so excited to see the yarn! heart heart  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff