Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Quest and Donation Threads
Do girls have it easier or do guys? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Demonic Repentance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:12 pm
(Understood, Dammie! *Salute!*)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:13 pm
I don't know if I would agree entirely, but because you are basing your observations as best you can (often off stereotype) I do understand and appreciate your effort.
b  

Bellabie

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:30 pm
Dammie-kins
We need an omnipresent being to judge us ~.~

That would solve EVERYTHING

While you say some of those things mobius I am gunna take a stab at the girls end of this even though I am a guy. Girls have emotions beyond there control where they will find themselves crying for no reason at a given moment. Once a month the red baron comes and drops bombing in there area and creates a hellish explosion...I use anologies of course. Child birth is always a key note to hit but it is not always as painful as we would like to say my aunt had her daughter with little or no pain at all and it was really surprising. In life women are seen as sluts or whores if they do one thing around the opposite gender that isn't marked as hers or she is single otherwise it is seen as an act of affection and she is marked as a whore/slut.

Just a quick stab at that subject

(I am sorry for the warning system being placed in effect but it is becoming really annoying from the peace protectors point of view to have outbursts of anger and causing emotional grief and or pain.)

Dammie, Dammie, Dammie, you forget one simple fact; the base emotions of women are greater, but men intensify their emotional responses beyond that when they attempt to bottle their emotions for the sake of social appearances. While it is true that some do not hide their emotions, the majority still have an instinctual suppression mechanism dating back to alpha male tactics. And sure, women may be marked as sluts or whores, but men are still equally marked as man-whores and perverts. Women have more physical pain, sure, but like I said earlier, men have a more pre-set standard for both physical condition and emotional display which is often nigh-impossible. And sure, women have periods, but men get The Itch. The Need. The Ache. Whatever you want to call it. And it is far more effort for a man to masturbate than a woman.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:48 pm
yeah... and as one of my original points stated... women can hide it if they have an URGE.. men can't  

Lady Rayya

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:49 pm
Yeah....one tip...All guys aren't like that my friend

You make a Stereotypical comment about your gender which is saying something. Most guys don't bottle up our emotions because that is something stupid and if you do that you are once again conforming to an old tradition with no moral reasoning or any good biased answer.

Though girls have the base feelings guys also have those feelings but often go un-noticed by our assumption to find better things all around us. A.K.A. my addiction to online games after my GF just broke up with me...

Who knows, I know I understand girls in my town but when I go out of town I seem to get super popular and I don't get the girls thinking...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:56 am
What makes you so sure that 'most guys don't bottle up their emotions'? That in itself is a stereotype. A sociologist could veritable argue that society is shaped by stereotypes. The fact of the matter is, there are the admirable social classes, and the less admirable ones. As much as we'd not like to think they exist, there is still a division between popularity and mediocrity. There are still the athletes and the hot people in one section, and the nerds and outcasts in another. And when a stereotype is given an appeal, or when a stereotype is made to seem the ideal, such as the strong guy who doesn't break down so easily, it causes pathos toward said stereotype and those in it's power either conform to it or fall under the belief that they're inferior. Sure, there's stillthe modelling industry for women, but that is their only major pressure, besides specialized social classes, however large it may be. Feminists (not trying to diss anyone) have revolutionized the world for women, and thusly there is less of an enforced image for them to follow due to the destruction of female stereotypes and the gaining of rights and respects. Men still have plenty to live up to, and we don't exactly have masculinists to work on decreasing that load. I'm still under the impression that whatever God/Goddess(s/es) exist made man and woman equal.  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:15 am
I wasn't referring to emotion, but a physical occurance.

let me put it into the words I was trying to avoid so I wasn't being crass:

Men can not hide an erection.
Women do not get erections.

I knew men who thought they could hide it, but I have never met one who really could. Plus, my main source of information on male anatomy tells me that they can't be hidden. So, personal observation + guys actually verifying......  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:25 pm
I was addressing Dammie with my last post.

Anyway, not only is an erection impossible to hide, but the constant instinct to make advances toward females can often lead to incredibly... uhhh... awkward... situations. It is this that creates lechers, bleeders, and stalkers. By bleeders, I mean those liable to faint or have a nosebleed at the mere mention of a woman. And even if those extremes are not achieved, elements of all remain.  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Bellabie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:28 pm
Hee hee
whee
Boys are silly.
b  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:02 pm
Mobius Nightshade
I was addressing Dammie with my last post.

Anyway, not only is an erection impossible to hide, but the constant instinct to make advances toward females can often lead to incredibly... uhhh... awkward... situations. It is this that creates lechers, bleeders, and stalkers. By bleeders, I mean those liable to faint or have a nosebleed at the mere mention of a woman. And even if those extremes are not achieved, elements of all remain.

ah, I apologize.. Boxman tried to make me sound like a feminazi and now I've over-sensitive because it pissed me off..

sorry...  

Lady Rayya

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:18 pm
That's okay. You did not offend. To be honest, I don't have a clue what you're apologizing for.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:30 pm
I got snappy... maybe I'm the only one that could tell... but I did.. sad  

Lady Rayya

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:38 pm
Uhhhh... Still have no clue what you're talking about. I know snappy; I can be a real a**hole when I want to be. I did not witness anything snappy here.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:18 pm
I think that men, culturally, have had leverage in business and such, but are finding it harder, due to this persisting archetype/stereotype, to express individual differences.
b  

Bellabie

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:31 pm
Well put.  
Quest and Donation Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]