Reply [IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]
[PRP] First Impressions [Laszlo + Kitambi] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

katersaur

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:56 am
((ooc: OKAY. >] FROM NOW ON I REPLY RIGHT AWAY. -attempting to make self into less of a slacker- Please feel free to beat me up when you see me in the thread and I'm doing things other than homework/replying to RPs.))

Laszlo traced a few circles in the dirt with his paw, trying to avoid the question as long as possible. He could always lie about it, and say that he thoroughly enjoyed dancing and he was great at it, just like his mom and dad. It'd be an easy out, but would it be the best out? More than likely no. The more he considered it as an option, the less he liked it. Lying about something so great as music seemed almost... wrong on a higher level. "Well..." His tracing circles grew faster and smaller. He began making a target pattern on the ground, staring fixedly at it. He really was uncomfortable with this whole situation.

After it seemed like he couldn't make anymore rings around his little drawing, he sighed and looked up at Kitambi with a vulnerble look about him. His eyes were less warm now, and his posture had slumped a bit. "I enjoy it... sometimes. I'm really not very good at it." It almost hurt to get that all out, and as soon as he started he broke eye contact and went back to staring at his little target sign.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:19 pm
[ XDDDD <3 No worries. *has been slow on replies too* ]

The cub tilted her head very slightly to the side, watching Laszlo as he traced circles on the ground. Was this supposed to be some sort of riddle? Or perhaps this was just what he did when he was trying to think up an answer. Those born in to the Nchi'mahadhi pride generally tapped their toes when they were thinking, or bored for that matter. Apparently the question she had asked had been a difficult one. She had simply through it was a simple yes or no. It must have been the outsider influence. That, or he didn’t know the answer. Who knew.

Kitambi was rather taken aback by the look on Laszlo's face, a small frown appearing on her face in what could have been a concerned look. Whatever was he making faces like that for? She had only asked him if he liked dancing. Was there some great family secret that she had unknowingly unearthed about Laszlo? "Oh. Well that's hardly anything to be ashamed of, Laszlo. You can't expect to be amazing at something right from the start. Tell you what. If you want to, I'm willing to give you some lessons in private for a bit, until you feel like you're a good dancer." She had managed a cheetah pretty well, so why would this young male be any different?

Chibi Sheepcat

katersaur

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:58 am
Laszlo wasn't really sure if he should be overjoyed or if his ego should be greatly wounded. Maybe a bit of both? On the one hand, Kitambi hadn't laughed at him. On the other hand, he had admited to not being able to dance well. He wasn't sure why she thought it was perfectly okay, since to him it was possibley the most embarassing thing that could happen. "But my parents... they're so great at dancing. They do it all the time. And I can't. And what if I never get better at it? What then?" It was way more than he had originally planned to say, but once he started to say it, it just started pouring right out.

The idea of being taught how to dance (something that he should've gotten in his genes, right?), was a little uneasy on Lasz's mind. On the other hand, though, if Kitambi promised not to tell anyone... she could practically be saving him. He couldn't make up excuses to not dance with others everytime, right? Eventually, they'd realize he was lacking in those skills. So if she taught him, and he really payed attention, he'd be able to play it off far more smoothly. Someday, he 'd be able to even joke about it! Someday way later on, of course. Not anytime soon. "You'd teach me?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:02 pm
It was probably for the better that Laszlo had admitted his weakness rather than have had Kitambi tell him. The cub was notoriously blunt about such things, as Kimanda had seen when he tried to tell her he could dance well. Though that had ended up in them becoming friends, in the beginning there had been quite a bit of ego crushing on Kitambi's part. Luckily Kimanda seemed to bounce back, which made life a lot easier.

"Obliviously they're good, they've been doing it a long time and had lots of practice. You can't expect to be good at something just because someone taught you a little bit of it," Kitambi replied smoothly, once Laszlo had said what he had to say. "And you can't say you won't get better. If you say that then you won't." She nodded at his final question, offering him a quick hint of a smile. "I said I would, and I meant it. We can start whenever you want."

Chibi Sheepcat

katersaur

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:00 pm
Laszlo had to admit that did make quite a bit of sense. His mom and dad had probably had a very long time to practice dancing. Lasz hadn't had much time to get better at it yet. He still didn't feel too great about it, though. His dad had said something about learning how to dance on his own, annd here wa Lasz needed lessons. It was a bit embarassing, really. If anything, he didn't want his dad to find out about this.

"Thanks." He smiled at the little lioness, deciding he liked her. If she was this way with everyone, she'd make an okay leader someday. Well, there were a few things she had to work on, but that was okay. No one was perfect. He had to keep telling himself that. "Just... don't tell anyone, okay?" He didn't know if she was the type to go and snitch on him, but just to be safe he decided to throw that last one in.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:31 pm
Aaah, now there was a smile. That was a good sign. Though she wasn’t sure if she had completely alleviated his worries, she was sure that smile meant she had helped him a little. Even a little was better than nothing. Besides, Kitambi had to make sure she was on good terms with all of the younger members of the pride. After all, they would grow up together, and one day she would rule them. It would be better if they liked her.

Kitambi nodded at his thanks, watching him with a slightly warmer look than her normal stony face. "I promise. I won't tell anyone until you're ready for it." And the young lioness was good for her word. She had no reason to start telling tales about Laszlo, especially since he had accepted her help. "You tell me when you want to start, and we'll arrange a meeting time. Sound good?"

Chibi Sheepcat

katersaur

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:22 pm
"Okay, good." Laszlo wasn't totally thrilled that the future leader of the pride knew his great weakness, but at least he was going to get help now. In no time at all, he'd be dancing like the rest of them. Maybe he'd be as good as his dad one day, though he had his doubts. His dad seemed to just dance naturally, as if the nature's song was channeling through him. Lasz hadn't learned to stop thinking about it yet. If he did that, he'd be much better off.

Slowly, the young males mind began to drift away from the situation at hand. His gaze turned from Kitambi to the water beside them. He really was amazed by the music the gentle current gave off. It was so unique, so free flowing... The tune worked its way around him, drawing in his mind. His toes started tapping and his eyes started slowly closing. After a second, he began to hum lightly, getting lost in the soft vibes coming from the lake.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:50 pm
Well, there. Things were all settled now. Laszlo didn't have to worry about not knowing how to dance, and Kitambi was making good relations with a young member of her pride-to be. Yes, today had been pretty successful. Teaching Laszlo would not only allow be beneficial to him, but especially to her. She would get another pupil to teach how to dance. It was lucky that all of her pupils had some sort of musical background. Perhaps one day she would find a pupil who couldn't hear music at all.

As Laszlo's attention began to drift, Kitambi took it as her cue to leave. She had been sitting here for quite some time, and now seemed like a good time to stretch her legs a little. "I'm going to go on my walk now. You let me know when you want to start." With a bob of her head, the young heir turned and headed off down the beach.

Chibi Sheepcat

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces