Dapper Millionaire

2,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:41 pm
Falaranoran
Rogue Deceit
i am not fond of Trent's newer stuff anyway, and that might explain why....

No, that's because as he matured, he wants to write stuff that's more about the world and such, rather than the introspective stuff he'd find when he cracks open the journal. Ilove Year Zero and with teeth . . . but the Pretty Hate Machine, Downward Spiral, and the Fragile are the three greatest CD's of the genre, or anything close to it. (Basically, better than everything exclusing Techno. Classical, and Folk Japanese, because those things can't be compared. They each take a different mood.)

User ImageUser Image

This is true, he has matured greatly, and I guess I am just not fond of where his maturity has brought his music, I tend to relate to his rage more then the newer music.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:15 am
^ I completely agree with you. Except I still loved With Teeth. However, Year Zero is by far my least favorite album. I hardly ever listen to it, to be honest. I'm still a die hard fan though, and I'm still really excited about future releases. But I don't blame you. At all. Just remember that there are always going to be those fans who will hate you because you aren't crazy about YZ.  

Gone Still

Ume Makoto

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:48 pm
Rogue Deceit
Ume Makoto
Yup, he did say that. Its in this amazing interview here : http://theninhotline.net/archives/articles/manager/display_article.php?id=148

If you haven't read it, I strongly reccomend you do. Its long, but its totally worth it.

User Image
User Image

Thank you so much it horrifically rare to find any believable personal background on Trent, even though that is part of the enigma

No problem. I agree, Trent is so secreative, which is probably a good move on his part. The interview is amazing though. I think it gives us a good view at where Trent has been and how far he has come since then.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:12 pm
Gone Still
^ I completely agree with you. Except I still loved With Teeth. However, Year Zero is by far my least favorite album. I hardly ever listen to it, to be honest. I'm still a die hard fan though, and I'm still really excited about future releases. But I don't blame you. At all. Just remember that there are always going to be those fans who will hate you because you aren't crazy about YZ.

User Image
User Image

I am still looking forward to new releases... just as I didn't abandon Manson after Mechanical Animals (which I have grown fond of but hated at the time. And will still listen to things after the newest album (which I found horrific at best). Trent's writing will rise and fall as his emotions change, be them good or bad is for Trent to decide, and his fans to decide individually. I am eagerly awaiting a new album.

Captn J Harkness

Dapper Millionaire

2,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Millionaire 200

Gone Still

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:32 pm
Though this is old news by now, where is the proof of you learning this stuff? Cause I've been looking everywhere, and I haven't seen any.
Also, is it true he's dated 3 black chicks? That he even prefers them? I thought he never really let out who he was dating...

Plus, I've heard that during the Coachella (sp) thing, he was with some brunette.

All info from this place: http://www.kittyradio.com/soapbox/gossip/15449-trent-reznor-engaged.html

Yes, I'm a jealous fan, but I'm also curious. Just curious is all. If anyone could help me out, that would be cool. I'm not dying to know or anything though.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:19 pm
Im thinking its just a rumour to be honest, ive read a good few interviews over the years and hes always said hes single. There was one recently where he said hes not seeing anyone, but would like to have a family one day.
And Year Zero was an amazing album, one of his most complex in fact. With Teeth was much more commercial, not my favourite, but not the best one either, which Mr Reznor also thought.  

frail_wretched

Easy Listening Nightmares
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:22 pm
Gone Still
Though this is old news by now, where is the proof of you learning this stuff? Cause I've been looking everywhere, and I haven't seen any.
Also, is it true he's dated 3 black chicks? That he even prefers them? I thought he never really let out who he was dating...

Plus, I've heard that during the Coachella (sp) thing, he was with some brunette.

All info from this place: http://www.kittyradio.com/soapbox/gossip/15449-trent-reznor-engaged.html

Yes, I'm a jealous fan, but I'm also curious. Just curious is all. If anyone could help me out, that would be cool. I'm not dying to know or anything though.

HAHAHAHAH!! Blacklightfreakout? She's a Spiral Member. And a b***h. That's all I'll say.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:15 am
frail_wretched
Im thinking its just a rumour to be honest, ive read a good few interviews over the years and hes always said hes single. There was one recently where he said hes not seeing anyone, but would like to have a family one day.
And Year Zero was an amazing album, one of his most complex in fact. With Teeth was much more commercial, not my favourite, but not the best one either, which Mr Reznor also thought.

Really now?
Because I read an interview of his in Kerrang earlier in the year..

Are you single?
No.

IFocusOnThePain
Crew

Gone Still

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:16 pm
^ Yeah, I saw that too.

Sorry to be a nosy b***h, but where's the announcement that he's engaged?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:57 am
Maybe she'll break his heart and we'll get another downward spiral or broken-ish album. That is bad, I know, but the new stuff is just meh. WT is good, but there's only about 3 songs I like between YZ and the Slip.  

schot

IFocusOnThePain
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:26 pm
Gone Still
^ Yeah, I saw that too.

Sorry to be a nosy b***h, but where's the announcement that he's engaged?

That is an extremely good question.
I wish I could remember where I heard about it.

Nothing has been confirmed, it's just all rumours. Although he has been pictured with a black girl quite a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:38 pm
Oh, screw it. Why should I be so nosy anyways? I'm just as bad as the rest of them. *Feels embarrassed*  

Gone Still

ParabolSchism

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:36 am
Disposable Ensign
Almighty Toilet Plunger
APC13
i still think hes gay!

me too. XD
[I heard he amited to making out with one of his band mates, rumor?]

O____O
Is their pics?! VIDEOS?! AHHHklfdkjl  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:34 pm
Everything that swore it wouldn't change...

aw, I hope he's happy. ^^

I've always guessed just from some of his lyrics that he's at least bi, but I don't mind either way. I'm glad he's found someone.

I agree that The Slip isn't as good as his other albums, it's probably my least favorite, but I didn't hate it and I don't mind listening to it.

Also, I tried reading that crazy-long review but I stopped half way through it. x'D I'll finish it some time..

...is different now.
somewhatdamaged//
//[thefragile]

User Image  

hiei4ever

Hell_Boltz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:16 am
well at least hes happy.  
The Nine Inch Nails Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff