Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply The Twilight Movie
Robert Pattinson officially cast as Edward Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think he'll do a good job
  Yes!! Cedric love <3
  Yeah..I guess..whatever
  He can act the part, but doesn't look it
  He looks the part but can't act it
  NO!UGH, this sucks!!
View Results

PurpleViolinist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:19 pm
All day in school today I was complaining to my friends. Most of whom have never read the book.

I posted a very lengthy response on the other thread, but I don't feel like retyping it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:38 pm
I actually think he might be able to pull it off. I agree that i had another image of Edward in mind but you can't diss him until you've seen the movie. Also the fact that Stepheine likes him makes me happy. I mean she wouldn't say such nice things about someone that she didn't think could do it. I say lets give him a shot. He could be really good.  

alwaysfullmetal

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Lol, no one picked the choice "He looks the part but can't act it"

I was talking about the decision with my friends at school as well. it was 50/50. Some agreed with me that he wouldn't make a good Edward. The other half thought he'll be able to pull it off.

I believe I already posted this somewhere, but I'll just type it again. I think Robert Pattinson could definately act out the part, he's a good actor and has the charm. I can see how some people may think he's good looking. But I just don't think he's Edward type of hot. His jaw is too big..
And he smokes..
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:34 pm
Who is the casting director? Who?? Because this was a really bad choice! I mean, I cannot picture him doing Edward like stuff AT ALL! This is horrible. Mean. A crime! I can't believe this! I knew something like this would happen. I knew I would be dissatisfied. I knew it! *frustrated*  

miz_understood09

The Flesh Failure

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:48 pm
hmmm...

I have to say, that when my friends told me about his casting at school, I was disappointed.

But.

Now looking at all the pictures and reading everything, I think he actually has a fair shot at pulling Edward off. Though, I'm probably a little more open to castings, because I've never picked an actor I thought looked the most like Edward. I pretty much agree with ~Twilight x Angel~, with a little bit of buffing up, and a makeover, he could look pretty good. And I'm frankly happy that he doesn't have a weak jaw. He has a nice strong jaw that's not too imposing, or scary.

He's a good actor, too. And Stephenie seems quite pleased with his casting, and I think that that's what matters the most.

Kudos to him for reading the series.

Let's give him a chance before we condemn him, okay?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:43 pm
I don't like it. I'm sorry but I really feel like this guy can't pull off Edward for some reason.=/ I just can't imagine him as it.I pray though that he does pull it off.  

bottled charm

5,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:49 pm
It's kind of funny actually. If you go visit some Robert Pattinson fan sites, even some of the members there are disappointed with the news XD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:24 pm
I am personally, thrilled.
He seems wonderful, and he's REALLY good looking. Honestly though, did you all expect they'd pick your Emily Browning/Gaspard Ulliel dream team??
WATCH THE MOVIE. Give him a chance.
And to those concerned about his accent-- stuff it. Memory doesn't serve at the moment, but wasn't Edward born in England or sumfing like that? Him KEEPING the SEXY british accent would not be a BAD thing. Many americans are extremely ineloquent. We don't need edward falling into that category.
Let's keep the faith, shall we?

-DiseaseFish-

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:38 pm
Edward was born in Chicago.
Carlisle was born in England.

All I can say at this point is that I hope to heaven they give him a super-clean-cut shave. Personally, I like guys with that fresh look, no beard or stubble or anything. But Edward especially...

...they better release some behind-the-scenes footage soon. I need to see how everyone interacts and how Rob could've captured the casting director(s)' hearts that badly. I wonder if Colton ever ended up auditioning too confused

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

^ Schoolboy Edward?

User Image

^ PHOTO MANIP BY Edward @ Myspace

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

IceDollSayaka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:20 am
^nice.. kristen looks really pretty there. they look good together, i guess. ><

but still.. I'm so disappointed =_= i think there are faaaaarr better choices for Edward. -_- ugh, I had high expectations for Edward's character.
i just hope he would do justice to Edward's role.. At least stephenie is happy.

Quote:
***A note from Stephenie about the casting of Robert Pattinson:

I am ecstatic with Summit's choice for Edward. There are very few actors who can look both dangerous and beautiful at the same time, and even fewer who I can picture in my head as Edward. Robert Pattinson is going to be amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:15 am
He looks like a wonderful Edward! His face seems perfect,and he's got the extreme presence to him. I am overjoyed with Edward and Bella's casting. Now as long as they don't screw up Carlisle...  

Himako

Atlacamani

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:25 am
Well the only comfort I have, Zirumi, is that in Goblet of Fire is THAT OMG CEDRIC DIES LOLOLOLOL.
Kidding... stare
But yeah...really... I hope he doesn't butcher Edward, hoping Summit doesn't kill it... Dear god please. D: Don't ruin the movie.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:52 pm
User Imagethis sucks he doesn't even look close to edward. gaspard ulliel would have been a much better choice. he has the long face and the paleness that looks like closer to a vampire than what his name... robert  

starry_sun

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:13 pm
It's not that we're disappointed because Gaspard Ulliel didn't get picked (well..at least some of us) We're disappointed because Robert Pattinson got picked. He just doesn't have the look. I see how some people think he's good looking, but it's just not Edward's type of good looking

The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff