Submit

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:47 am
This is the fussiest gun I own. It's a b***h to work the slide due to the full length sight mount, and the magazine well eats the magazine whole, making extracting it a b***h if I want to do so quickly.

But when its loaded with CCI MiniMags and is ready to fire, it recycles holes like no one's business. And there are a lot of affordable Smith and Wesson .22s out there.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:10 am
Floyd
This is the fussiest gun I own. It's a b***h to work the slide due to the full length sight mount, and the magazine well eats the magazine whole, making extracting it a b***h if I want to do so quickly.

But when its loaded with CCI MiniMags and is ready to fire, it recycles holes like no one's business. And there are a lot of affordable Smith and Wesson .22s out there.
Not too bad looking. What model would that be?

tokarov: Chances are, I'll probably go with a Ruger for now. From what I've been seeing, one of those can handle a good bit of use.

Dante Faust

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:27 am
Dante Faust

That is the 22S stainless with a really odd finish I've never been able to identify.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:01 am
Dante Faust
Floyd

tokarov: Chances are, I'll probably go with a Ruger for now. From what I've been seeing, one of those can handle a good bit of use.
its what i would do  

tokarov

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:22 pm
While I enjoy shooting a new-generation P22(it eats Federal just fine, with no issues), I still love the reliability and simplicity of my Ruger New Model Single Six with the extra .22 WMR cylinder. It fits my hand fairly well, and will continue to fit if I grow (since I'm 15). It's also a tack driver.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:01 pm
I'm actually looking at semi .22LR pistols, but does anyone know of one with a magazine capacity bigger than 10 rounds? It seems like that's the industry cap. I've seen 10, one had 9, and the rest are wheelguns.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:05 am
Fresnel
I'm actually looking at semi .22LR pistols, but does anyone know of one with a magazine capacity bigger than 10 rounds? It seems like that's the industry cap. I've seen 10, one had 9, and the rest are wheelguns.

There was that ugly .22 pistol that everyone cited in the Ugly Gun thread. That magazine was crazy big for a pistol.

I can't think of another example of large cap .22 pistols one can buy over the counter. I'm also glad I loaded up on the third party 30 round banana clips for the Ruger 10/22 rifle. Those are sweet. Never have had a malfunction with one.

Then there is the TEC-22 pistol that uses Ruger 10/22 magazines.

http://mrcompletely.blogspot.com/2005/06/intratec-tec-22-rim-fire-race-gun.html  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:19 pm
Floyd
Fresnel

There was that ugly .22 pistol that everyone cited in the Ugly Gun thread. That magazine was crazy big for a pistol.

I can't think of another example of large cap .22 pistols one can buy over the counter. I'm also glad I loaded up on the third party 30 round banana clips for the Ruger 10/22 rifle. Those are sweet. Never have had a malfunction with one.

Which gun is that? I'm thinking the Calico, but I didn't know they made one in .22. The TEC-22 looks interesting though. That's semi, right?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:24 pm
Fresnel
Floyd
Fresnel

Which gun is that? I'm thinking the Calico, but I didn't know they made one in .22. The TEC-22 looks interesting though. That's semi, right?

.22 Calicos do exsist.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:50 am
I always liked the looks of those Rugers.

Lol check out this 'Artillery' Ruger.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:29 pm
OberFeldwebel
Isn't that in integrated silencer?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:12 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

I have no idea.
I thought somebody just went overboard with the barrel diameters.
It looks fairly accurate though.  

OberFeldwebel

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:41 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Nope. That's just a very fat and heavy barrel. I've never shot a Mark III with a target barrel like that one, but I've seen a ton of them.

The most preposterous bull barrel Mark III is only four inches long, and I've only seen them in catalogs. Go figure.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:14 pm
Floyd
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Nope. That's just a very fat and heavy barrel. I've never shot a Mark III with a target barrel like that one, but I've seen a ton of them.

The most preposterous bull barrel Mark III is only four inches long, and I've only seen them in catalogs. Go figure.

My friend has one, its very acurate, however i would rather have the 6in version  

Freak_090
Captain

Buying and Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas