64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
Nox
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

SpiritKeeper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:44 am
I'm gonna have to go with the Ancients. I mean, they ascended, right? That's pretty advanced in it's own right. And, I'm betting they've been around longer than the Asgard or Nox. They created ATLANTIS (which is extremely technoligically advanced) hundreds of years ago.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:01 pm
Ok. I would say Ancients because:

1. In "The Fifth Race" the Asgard say that the Ancients moved on from their region of space long ago. And we know from Atlantis: Rising that the Ancients go from galaxy to galaxy spreading humanoid life. And the Asgard were once humanoid.

2. The Ancients had cities that could travel from galaxy to galaxy spreading human life.

3. The Ancients ascended.

4. Advanced human display many of the same powers as the Nox: healing powers, telekenisis, telepathy.

5. The other four races use the Stargates.

Soloikos

Ashrach

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:46 pm
I think there is something you are all missing though. The Nox are not bound by other ascendents. They can't touch them, if so they wouldn't have allowed them to bring back someone from the dead. The Nox are beyond ascension, they're able to go from ascended to mortal at will. Honestly there isn't enough real up to date information for either, but I have a feeling the Furlings may be complete ownage compared to them all. The Asgard are sort of the under dogs that never say die, even when nature tells them to. And The Tauri are the race that is supposed to eventually evolve beyond what the ancients have, because they are the 2nd generation of human life.(According to the episode where they unthawed that ancient). One more point to make. If the Ancients where as powerful technologically and mentally, they wouldn't have had to fight the Wraith, they could have simply hidden themselves from their sight.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:42 am
Isn't there supposed to be like the next evil super race, I think the furlings should show up to help fight them. They sound really cool. No-one ever mentions them its like the anubis thing. "he has a name but your not allowed to hear it cos he's a big scary cloaked glowy thingy" Weren't they based on celtic myths and stuff. maybe they'll have pointy ears like vulcans. Or maybe they are ascended. I hope not. Ascended beings are boring or evil.  

Dreambubbleburst

Uber_Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:15 pm
Grammar King
Well, that would depend, advanced evolutionwise, or technology?

Evolution - Nox, easily. I don't think I've seen what kind of thing the Ancients can do without technology.

Technology - Ancients. Because of all the above comments.

Greatest/most powerful - Asgard. They're still around, so they're more powerful. The Nox are all but gone, and the Ancients don't seem to be anywhere.

Uhm the ancients live on an other plain of exesitance, so technacly they are EVERY where. As for them being tech only, thats exactly the point, they are the most ADDVANCED, if you had ssaid ENLIGHTEND then the Nox would have it easily.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:41 am
Uber_Bunny
Grammar King
Well, that would depend, advanced evolutionwise, or technology?

Evolution - Nox, easily. I don't think I've seen what kind of thing the Ancients can do without technology.

Technology - Ancients. Because of all the above comments.

Greatest/most powerful - Asgard. They're still around, so they're more powerful. The Nox are all but gone, and the Ancients don't seem to be anywhere.

Uhm the ancients live on an other plain of exesitance, so technacly they are EVERY where. As for them being tech only, thats exactly the point, they are the most ADDVANCED, if you had ssaid ENLIGHTEND then the Nox would have it easily.

There are different modicums to advancement then just technology. I mean, just look at humans. For all our technology, we are not really any more advanced then we were millenia ago. We just know more. We have more science. What I would say makes the Ancients more advanced then humans would be the same thing that makes humans a more advanced species then a cow: mental development.

When it comes to being mentally advanced, the Nox are probably supreme. I would say it takes a lot more work for a species to develop their minds then to develop their sciences, and the rewards are far greater. The Ancients strike me to be just a more technological version of ourselves. I mean, look at the technology that has nearly destroyed them.

I still think the Nox are more advanced, just because true advancement, in my mind, the development and mastery of your own mental abilities. (In the episode, 5th race, it said that Jack, with the Ancient knowledge, was using like 90 % of his brain...). Advanced minds are also probably more capable of developing advanced technology.

The Ancients abilities seem rooted in their technology. Take that away, and I think they would be little different from ourselves. The Nox seem based on their mental abilities. Take that away, and I'd say they could still probably do things most humans would consider well impossible.  

Squirrelfang

Gilded_Narcissus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:03 pm
Squirrelfang
MerlynLover
definetely the Ancients, cuz they built the Stargates!!!
they built the puddle jumpers!
they built the thing that made Jack and Teal'c repeat the same day over and over!
they made the thing that destroyed the replicators!
etc., etc., etc.!!!!!!!!!!!
-Merlyn-

Yes, the Ancients do have all of these advanced technologies (Stargates, Puddle Jumpers, etc). However, in the end, all of their abilities seem to be rooted in their technology. Even their assension was based on research of an extradimensional entity...

What we have seen from the Nox, however, is not rooted in their technology but from their minds. They shield entire cities through illusions, though it seems as if it is far more than an illusion. Also, Lya could open the wormholes without even dialing it up, something not even the Ascended could do.

Once again, the Nox have superior mental abilities then the Ancients, which as I see, counts more than sheer technological advancement.

If you saw the SG-1 episode where Daniel meets his "son" then you would see that ancients don't need to dial the gate either, also see the episode of Atlantis called "sanctuary" the Ancient chic didn't dial the gate to go back to her world.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:08 pm
The Ancients are the most advanced mentaly and technologicly. From the
information that they got from studying the acended being they were able
to apply it and become acended themselves. I dont believe that many
others could do that. The Nox use their minds, yes, but that could be
because they're minds evolved that way. The Asgaurd would be the least
advanced out of the ones that we have met due to the fact that they are
taking Ancient technology and using and adapting it at every chance they
get.

In my view the other Races would not be able to hold a lighter up to the
Ancients, let alone be more advanced.  

icer190

Korean_turtle87

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:02 pm
spoilers from season 8!!!!

the Ancients built the gate system, and the rings, and the disrupter which took out the relicators. and they have atlantis and zpm's and all that jazz

The asgard couldn't fight the replicators.  
The Stargate Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff