Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Coupling
Pairings and the trouble they've caused *spoiler warning* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like H/G or H/Hr?
H/G
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
H/Hr
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

RavenRogue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:19 am
Grey_Temerity
Nialla
Well I don't know if I'd say that about Hermione, but with Ginny I agree that she is not as developped a character as Harry so her motives are kind of flimsy.

I understand that as Harry gets older, JK would want to show teenage romance. However, I did sort of feel like many of the characters were thrown into relationships just for the sake of having them dating. If that makes sense.

Essentially, she didn't manage enough character-development in the early books. A failing of hers.

That is a bit true... It doesn't seem as apparent when there isn't the romantic stuff, but once that shows up it is painfully obvious that a bit of development was missed.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:52 pm
monochan
Batsutousai
RavenRogue
I think it is ridiculous, the whole thing. Shipping is fine, but when people become so obsessed that they start hating the author because she, God forbid, wrote the books the way she wanted to instead of how a bunch of obsessed, occassionally sex-starved teens and pre-teens wanted it.

::sigh:: I rant about that a lot.

Amen, as it were. wink

Yes!!! Two normal people!!! xd

*cracks up* Define 'normal'. twisted  

Batsutousai

Dapper Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Conventioneer 300

RavenRogue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:33 am
Batsutousai
monochan
Batsutousai
RavenRogue
I think it is ridiculous, the whole thing. Shipping is fine, but when people become so obsessed that they start hating the author because she, God forbid, wrote the books the way she wanted to instead of how a bunch of obsessed, occassionally sex-starved teens and pre-teens wanted it.

::sigh:: I rant about that a lot.

Amen, as it were. wink

Yes!!! Two normal people!!! xd

*cracks up* Define 'normal'. twisted

Lol, for that response you rule.

I think 'normal' in this case means people who are fine with shippers who aren't so arrogant as to think they can tell Rowling she is wrong about character pairings.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:41 am
that's a good definition for "normal" in this context haha  

non642

covo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:43 pm
Well at first I wanted Harry to be with Luna, then I wanted Harry to be with Ginny. And now that Harry is with Ginny I don't really like them together either. For some odd reason I think Harry and Hermione would be a good couple, Harry respects her in ways that Ron doesn't.

oh well...it's just a story.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:40 am
covo
Well at first I wanted Harry to be with Luna, then I wanted Harry to be with Ginny. And now that Harry is with Ginny I don't really like them together either. For some odd reason I think Harry and Hermione would be a good couple, Harry respects her in ways that Ron doesn't.

Yeah, I agree... I liked Ginny in the 5th book but she's turned into a Mary Sue now... But whatever, it's JK's book  

monochan

willowtree
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:10 pm
I just think it's ridiculous for people to boycott the books because they don't like what's happening. Ultimately, it's not our decision. If you could quit just because of that then you never were that big of a fan to begin with, were you?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:13 pm
willowtree
I just think it's ridiculous for people to boycott the books because they don't like what's happening. Ultimately, it's not our decision. If you could quit just because of that then you never were that big of a fan to begin with, were you?
*shrugs* I dunno... I really dont care, I just wanna finish the series.  

monochan

Grey_Temerity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:05 am
RavenRogue
Grey_Temerity
Nialla
Well I don't know if I'd say that about Hermione, but with Ginny I agree that she is not as developped a character as Harry so her motives are kind of flimsy.

I understand that as Harry gets older, JK would want to show teenage romance. However, I did sort of feel like many of the characters were thrown into relationships just for the sake of having them dating. If that makes sense.

Essentially, she didn't manage enough character-development in the early books. A failing of hers.

That is a bit true... It doesn't seem as apparent when there isn't the romantic stuff, but once that shows up it is painfully obvious that a bit of development was missed.

..only a bit true?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:19 pm
*sigh* I'm one of those psychos that supports Harry/Hermione. I stray from canon to support that a lot... redface BUT! I am also a Hermione/Ron fan, just as long as no one rubs it in my face about being wrong. It just seemed to fit! To justify the other side of this arguement.. We're thinking of their maturity and emotional levels. Hermione understands Harry like no one ever could and while Harry can't imagine why Hermione likes school, he respects her passion. Ron's just an idiot, so maybe that's Hermione's attraction. He's a goofball. I love the thought of Harry and Hermione. Besides...I think Ron'll die. Voldie's on a rampage! First Sirius, then Dumbledore... Jo's getting closer and closer to Harry's heart. And Ron is his best friend. I seriously think he's next.  

Aari-chan

Lunar Nero

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:05 pm
*sigh* once again, it's not accurate to genaralize and it also makes you look foolish, to say that all Harry/Hermione shippers are psycho/hate JKR because she didn't go H/Hr (etc.) is incredibly wrong. You could turn around and say the exact same thing to R/Hr shippers.

now that that's out of the way. People will do what they want. Yes it is JKR's book, but if i'm shelling out 40 bucks (heh i bought teh deluxe edition !Geekout! xp ) for that polished turd, then i damn well better have the right to criticize it. The fact is, people bought the book. they will have their own opinions on it. Yes JKR can write whatever the hell she wants but if she puts it out there for sale, then it's going to get criticized. It doesn't really matter what the reason for criticization is, i think that if you bought the damn thing (or read it) then you can have your own opinion on it. I don't really care what other people think so it doesn't matter to me much to me when i express my opinion about that pile of s**t JKR wrote.

The main reason i am not going to buy book 7 is because of Ginny. God i hate Ginny. i hated her before book six (agh fangirl!) and when she was elevated to God-like status in HBP it annoyed me to no end. OMFG HARRY I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKE ME NOW THAT I HAVE BOOBZ!111!! I'M STILL THE FANGRRL THAT I WAZ WAY BACK WHEN BUT SINCE I'M POWERFUL/PRETTY/POPULAR/SPUNKY/SPORTY/AWESOME/SUPER AND HAVE THE MEANEST BAT BOGEY HEX EVAH I CAN MAKE THE MONSTER IN YOUR CHEST (pants rolleyes ) ROAR ALL NIGHT LONG!!11!1

Bleh what a contrivance mad  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:40 am
Yeah, I agree... I liked Ginny in the 5th book but she's turned into a Mary Sue now... But whatever, it's JK's book

I know this may sound like a dumb question, but what's a Mary Sue? I've really been wondering. I love the Harry/Ginny ship, but there is no way I woud stop reading the books or anything if they lacked it. I'd just read some fanfiction.  

Awkward Biscuit

Awkward Biscuit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:49 am
Lunar Nero
*The main reason i am not going to buy book 7 is because of Ginny. God i hate Ginny. i hated her before book six (agh fangirl!) and when she was elevated to God-like status in HBP it annoyed me to no end. OMFG HARRY I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKE ME NOW THAT I HAVE BOOBZ!111!! I'M STILL THE FANGRRL THAT I WAZ WAY BACK WHEN BUT SINCE I'M POWERFUL/PRETTY/POPULAR/SPUNKY/SPORTY/AWESOME/SUPER AND HAVE THE MEANEST BAT BOGEY HEX EVAH I CAN MAKE THE MONSTER IN YOUR CHEST (pants rolleyes ) ROAR ALL NIGHT LONG!!11!1

Bleh what a contrivance mad

I just thought Ginny was being herself, but whatever. Also, to me, the books aren't all about romance, it's about Harry saving the wizarding world, and even though Love is Harry's "power" it's not the main part of the book or anything.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:00 am
PottersMistress

I know this may sound like a dumb question, but what's a Mary Sue? I've really been wondering. I love the Harry/Ginny ship, but there is no way I woud stop reading the books or anything if they lacked it. I'd just read some fanfiction.
Mary-sues are typical characters that NEVER have ANYTHING wrong with them. I mean, they've never had a pimple or cramp in their entire life! And they always seem to (In Harry Potter's case) surpass Hermione in school, Harry in bravery and Fred and George in humor. Bugs the crap outta me!  

Aari-chan

tobeychild1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:50 am
monochan
After the sixth book came out, JK got a lot of flak from Harry/Hermione fans; some even said that they weren't going to buy the 7th book just because it's Harry/Ginny instead of Harry/Hermione.
I don't get it. It's her book! Who knows, in the seventh book Harry might end up eloping with the twins for all I could care.
Why the hate? (although the founder of mugglenet's comment about H/Hr fans being "delusional" probably doesn't help...)
Well, maybe that's because they are delusional. There have been no signs that Harry and Herminoe are going to get together. There have been tons of signs that Herminoe and Ron will get together (which will happen), but not Herminoe and Harry....that's just stupid.  
Coupling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff