How many of you are happy with the current AT? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Protocol Rain

Business Businessman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:55 am
Havn't been in AT for AAAAGES because of the tek tek threads. If someone created a cool rating place/hangout (like the ones of old), I'd be back there in a snap!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:08 am
I don't like AT because, as Fyre said, people rate heavily in favor of clutter matching avatars. It seems they don't know how to rate anything else. I rarely get a proper rate on my non-matching avatars because no one wants to rate anything different. Hell, I don't even need a rate, just a comment or some fraternization! I was getting better rates when I was an AT newbie!

Maybe people just don't like me anymore. D:  

Accidie

Bludget

Wheezing Survivor

10,250 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:12 pm
I despise the AT currently. I wish I had the time and energy to try to help. It seems to be a weird lost cause now though. Out of sheer abandonment, I put up my own tektek contest, but I'm afraid I nixed matching, and so I'm probably getting ignored. Or the AT's just a mess of tektek requests that never go anywhere, I haven't checked to see how other tektek threads fare. What's most irritating is that the submissions I got completely ignored my request to not give me random, cluttered matching avatars. It's like they're all stuck in a paradigm, and even if you say no fish, the waiter will serve you fish chowder and battered cod. Or wander off to fish loving customers. [irony]Man, I really hate fish.[/irony]  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:26 pm
Bludget
I despise the AT currently. I wish I had the time and energy to try to help. It seems to be a weird lost cause now though. Out of sheer abandonment, I put up my own tektek contest, but I'm afraid I nixed matching, and so I'm probably getting ignored. Or the AT's just a mess of tektek requests that never go anywhere, I haven't checked to see how other tektek threads fare. What's most irritating is that the submissions I got completely ignored my request to not give me random, cluttered matching avatars. It's like they're all stuck in a paradigm, and even if you say no fish, the waiter will serve you fish chowder and battered cod. Or wander off to fish loving customers. [irony]Man, I really hate fish.[/irony]

That was an amazing analogy. xd ;;

`Monox!de

Mio_Mikata

Shirtless Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:09 pm
i don't spend nearly as much time in it as i used to...
used to be my only stop...i lurk more now... maybe post a thread and get 5 totally predictable replies, so i don't bother.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:39 am
Bleah. I used to post in the AT like mad. Now.. i just lurk. ><
Too many tektek threads. gonk Since people i know are migrating out of AT, i'm sort of doing the same XD. AT seems.. boring now? I don't know. xd

Snowy Chan

poke-a-tronic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:12 pm
I've found that, in terms of tekteking threads, there ARE a few good ones out there. The elimination-style contests, where there are 15 members or so to start, with one final winner, give in the contest a chance to hang out and chill. Even if I'm eliminated from a contest, I tend to still hang around and chat.

I agree that the AT has waaay too many useless tektek threads promising 20k prizes (most of which are never followed through on) and it's hard to get a decent rate. But I think it's improving, although terribly slowly.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:07 pm
I haven't posted in the at in MONTHES...It just started to get majorly boring for me. Really GAIA has gotten boring.  

Risika7

zeo_moshimoshi

Aged Member

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:53 pm
tektek should stay in tektek website =S  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:08 am
-[User Image domokun User Image]-

User ImageUser Image

Not happy enough to be re-addicted. Been out for a year. Really need to get a contest I first thought up of 6 months ago working out. D<

Kinda annoyed that it's only the cluttered matchy avis which are working now. I loved those. Now i'm annoyed that they've become the norm and that I would have to change my style drastically if I want to feel unique again...

-[[Yreka!]]-

ShroudedGirl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:07 pm
I still love the AT. >.>

I figure it cant get any better if we just leave it out there to dry and let crappy threads take it over. I still post quite often there, but I do find my attention being pulled elsewhere after not being able to find a decent contest or rate thread. I usually try to give rates and suggestions, but most of the time people asking for rates already have 55 items on them and its hard to think of any more they could use. XD

I know cluttered is the trend right now, but its kind of annoying already.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:15 am
I hate the AT now a days. I TRY to make conversations with random people and after one reply they just suck. They either give me one word answers or they just ignore me. The AT have become more anti-social.  

Qwannah

oyashiro breaks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:42 pm
zeo_moshimoshi
tektek should stay in tektek website =S

That's exactly what I've been thinking. e we I'm finding all these "proud ATers" in GCD that I've never seen in my life before. It's like they stay in the TekTek threads and occasionally pop out of them to give someone a rate fo 6 // 1o because they don't match perfectly or aren't cluttered enough. "/

TekTek should have it's own forum to make avatars, and Gaia should ban TekTek from the site. ; w; Or at least the AT. I'm so tired of TekTek that it's not even funny. And people still ask me to make them TekTeks. How nervy. "/ "WOW, YOUR STYLE IS SO GOOD MACK ME A TEKTEK PLZ."

I mean, I'm flattered that they like my style, but if I wanted to TekTek them, I would do so in their thread.

昼壊

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:52 pm
______Oh, Hěartlěss::.::

It isn't how it used to be.
/wrist

Not at all......

______Eye of newt
___and toe of frog

H 3 a r t x x x

Lady_Threnody

Intellectual Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:05 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I think the NEW AT is alright. I am so damn happy they finally moved the TekTek threads to its own sub forum! I think the new AT has potential to be great. However, maybe they should make an AT Rate sub forum too so that people wanting rates or want to rate people can go there where as the main forum can be for the actual CONVERSATIONS regarding the avie system, members, and things of that sort. Just my two cents. xd

"Seduce my mind and you can have my body. Find my soul and I'm yours forever." ~Anonymous
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.[ No, you can't use my tribal images. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games