Melee/Hand to Hand Combat Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dante Faust

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:46 pm
Old Lord Brocktree
i have an actual reproduction of one, but the blade is a piece of shot, I want to find a knifesmith to make a blade for it.

price would be high though.
I've seen a few of those. Only reason I didn't get one is because of the blade. That is a good idea though.

Fresnel: I call it love on a stick. Bad for sound, good for range. Used for cutting tree limbs from the ground, as well as zombies from a distance.

Feldwebel: That type does seem like a solid one to use. Only thing I'm concerned about is how you may need to exert a large amount of force to penetrate and the fear that the point may slip upon contact and just graze across the head of the zombie, ending up behind it(Assuming that there isn't anything to catch the zombie like a wall, fence, ect.). Just a thought though. Otherwise, it has good potential against a zombie in my opinion. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:18 pm
Dante Faust
Fresnel: I call it love on a stick. Bad for sound, good for range. Used for cutting tree limbs from the ground, as well as zombies from a distance.
Oh good god no. You might be able to jab with it, but the sheer amount of torque required to actually cut something with that... unless you're spinning, don't expect to take out any zombies that way.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:27 pm
Fresnel
Dante Faust
Oh good god no. You might be able to jab with it, but the sheer amount of torque required to actually cut something with that... unless you're spinning, don't expect to take out any zombies that way.

You might have a better effect attaching two chain saws or more together and throwing them into a crowd of zombies on full power.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:26 pm
Fresnel
exploding-waffles
Kalani Lu
My ideal melee weapon would be a crowbar. Ok, so the crowbar in and to itself isn't all that ideal, as it was never designed to be a weapon. It isn't balanced, but it is heavy enough to split some skulls and it is a very versatile tool, especially when it comes to getting past obsticles when on the run from the undead like sifting through debree and getting in/out of a boarded up house.

id probably take a heavy baseball bat along with that.
the crowbar would be more usefull in actually trying to kill something (you ARE going to have to deal with other people, and eventually kill a zombie in melle) and a baseball bat for "hit and run" tatics.
also i think chainsaws WOULD be usefull for gaurding a doorway for extended periods of time with minimal effort.
If you mount the chainsaw, maybe. If you're holding it... no way.

i was thinking about monting it horisontaly.  

exploding-waffles

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:15 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Dante Faust

You might have a better effect attaching two chain saws or more together and throwing them into a crowd of zombies on full power.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Like this?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:25 am
Fresnel
Dante Faust
Hmmm... Seemed like a good idea, but thinking about it, I think you're right.

Chainsaw Nunchaku ********' saved.

Dante Faust

RedNeckJuggernaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:44 pm
36in automatic telescope baton  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:23 am
Drako1413
That's a pain weapon, you'll never cause any fatal damage with that. It's like pepper-spraying a zombie. It don't give a s**t.

On a side note, I hope we all realize here that hand to hand combat with zombies is likely to get you killed. Avoid it at all costs, and finish it quickly if you have to do it at all.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

exploding-waffles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:31 am
Fresnel
Drako1413
That's a pain weapon, you'll never cause any fatal damage with that. It's like pepper-spraying a zombie. It don't give a s**t.

On a side note, I hope we all realize here that hand to hand combat with zombies is likely to get you killed. Avoid it at all costs, and finish it quickly if you have to do it at all.

agreed.
no matter what max brooks says, its better to use a gun than a machete.
if i could only bring one item into a small zombie infested area it would be the shotgun, for its sheer blowback power.
a semi auto spas 12 would be perfect.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:21 pm
Drako1413
I think you'd be better off with just something like a machete.

While it's always best to avoid melee, it's bound to be inevitable at one point of an infestation. Using nonlethal weapons, or trying something new/you read about or saw in a movie will just make you dinner chances are. I'd rather be at a distance with a rifle. xp

Dante Faust

RedNeckJuggernaut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:07 pm
Fresnel
Drako1413

you catch them in the head with the steel tip I think that would be considered Brain damage  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:41 pm
Drako1413
Fresnel
Drako1413

you catch them in the head with the steel tip I think that would be considered Brain damage

trauma it best.
besides the human brain is a lot more delicate than a zombie brain.
the only way to truly destroy zombie brain is to crush it (such as with an axe) or burn it. decapitation leaves a biting skull.  

exploding-waffles

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:49 pm
exploding-waffles
Drako1413
Fresnel
Drako1413

trauma it best.
besides the human brain is a lot more delicate than a zombie brain.
the only way to truly destroy zombie brain is to crush it (such as with an axe) or burn it. decapitation leaves a biting skull.
Well, that depends on what kind of zombie you're looking at. The only really feasible zombie is vulnerable to the same kinds of things a human is, but it doesn't feel pain. A heart shot will stop it, but it could take 15 or 20 seconds to drop. A head shot will drop it instantly. Minor dain bramage wouldn't do much of anything.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:38 pm
ya'll have never seen Dawn of the Dead or resident evil have you  

RedNeckJuggernaut

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:01 am
Drako1413
ya'll have never seen Dawn of the Dead or resident evil have you
Mmmhm. And how does one raise the dead as an army of flesh-eating minions? Then again, I suppose the question once again falls back to "what kind of zombies are these"? Are we talking Hollywood zombies or zombies that might actually be knocking on your door tomorrow morning?  
Zombies. Seriously.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff