Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
what element do you feel more greatly in touch with? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which element are you more in touch with?
  im an Earthy person
  im an Aquatic person
  im a Pyro person
  im an air/wind person
  nature person...in general
  all of the above, and more
  they are all so great...cannot decide.
  not really sure
  Here you go, for the "poll whores"
View Results

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:28 am
on the greek elemental system and astrological element/sign correspondances, i would like to state that in astrology they are refering to the elements THEY portrayed to particular associations for the signs, and it likely has nothing to do with the greek system at all. -.- and even if it WAS meant to, then it still will work good enough, and your greek elemental associations will be sepperate from it. i will agree that astrology can't be TRUELY acurate anymore, what with the way the universe is expanding, everything is moving at it would be hard to realy keep acurrate track of things... but in general i think that it is pretty damn accurate for me still.

on the matter of what elements i feel most associated with i am too close to the earth and the multiverse to say one affects me more than any other. quite more than the four i feel every bit of my being, my very existance, resonate constantly with everything and all that there is. it is something that i will not pretend i'm not proud of, seeing as i am pretty young still. only turning 18.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:08 am
Eh... the entire idea of the four elements (Air-Fire-Earth-Water) is Greek, so if you're using it in any way, you're drawing on that lineage; to say it has nothing to do with it is a bit over the top. Some folks are simply more mindful of what the system was originally than others. It's gotten twisted and distorted along the way and one of my research goals is to uncover where and why that began to happen. The system - primarily cannonized by Aristotle - was taken as truth for practically two millennia, so I find it odd that so many (if not most) of the modern occult systems violate some of its basic premises. Is it really that they didn't bother to do their research or did they really have a reason for changing it? I hope it's the second one, but at this time, I don't know.  

Starlock
Crew

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:37 pm
oh well... 6.6 hmm... why would you wish it to be the second, if it's ok to ask?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:44 pm
twilight insanity
oh well... 6.6 hmm... why would you wish it to be the second, if it's ok to ask?

Disillusionment, mostly. The same sort of thing that happens when you find out as an adult that some of those rules your parents made up were really for no good reason... they just did it on a whim because they felt like it. Makes you wonder about the quality of your parents and about everything else they did to you. And so similarly, I'd be disillusioned concerning the quality of occult material. Moreso on this since I place a greater value on the Four than other aspects of magical lore. xd  

Starlock
Crew

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:40 pm
By astrology, it would be water. I do find myself enjoying water...

However, while it's not often considered one of the main ones, I find myself pulling more to electricity. The tingle of a current, the zap of a static shock, the raw power of a thunderstorm...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:55 pm
I'm very strongly associated with Air. Water is a close second for me, but it's definitely Air.

I can't describe it. There's just nothing more soothing and beautiful to me. 4laugh  

Purrly

Invisible Elder

8,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:35 pm
Starlock
twilight insanity

Disillusionment, mostly. The same sort of thing that happens when you find out as an adult that some of those rules your parents made up were really for no good reason... they just did it on a whim because they felt like it. Makes you wonder about the quality of your parents and about everything else they did to you. And so similarly, I'd be disillusioned concerning the quality of occult material. Moreso on this since I place a greater value on the Four than other aspects of magical lore. xd

ah, i see... well, i never agreed with tottall disillusionment, rather... just believing that certain things are illusiory, but recognizing that even illusions are existant, and accepting the possibilty that absolutely EVERYthing i know is completely wrong. ^_^ always have a wide open mind, if you truely want to keep learning! but yes, if you would rather learn up to where you are happy, and then stick to that, go right ahead, so many people do it is no matter anymore... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:05 am
In the end it doesn't really matter. I just think it will be very, very sad if the Four got screwed up without any good reason. I'm working on my own system more 'properly' based on the Greek classical model anyway, so in the end it'll all be good. I'm just surprised there aren't more people out there who understand the principle of the rotation or what the qualities actually MEAN. xd  

Starlock
Crew

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:58 am
well, it's hard to find the right sources for that info... sweatdrop in fact, the thread you made in the infodump was the only thing on them that actualy ever told me anything about them! xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:51 pm
I personally have been drawn to and fascinated with each of the elements, though water has always been significant to me. Sometimes I feel more drawn to one at different times and seasons, but overall, I sit decidedly on the fence. I suppose some might look at that as confusion, but truly, balance is something to strive for- or at least it suits me.  

Nomad of Nowhere

cheezypopcorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:55 pm
my element is fire  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:25 pm
destructive emotions
See, i am not Pagan, I am a wiccan, which is almost close to the same thing.

Wicca or wicce is a form of paganism ie all wiccans are pagan not all pagans are wiccan.

Anyways back to topic. I'm all elements, I identify with all elements and can use them effectively for many purposes. I am balance.  

KittannLittle

Azriel Silverwings

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:01 pm
i believe im water and wind. i like fire as an element for myself but i know fire and i dont always get along. earth and i were never fully in balance either..  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:20 pm
destructive emotions
Goddess Hekate
I guess I should say earth, which is weird because I've always drifed between earth and air as a person, sometimes one sometimes the other.
yea...i think thats what my problem is. But i was just thinking....there is nothing wrong with prefering two elements...doesnt that just make us a little more spiritual?

I havn't read all of the posting yet, but I just wanted to say that if you feel a pull towards another element beside your zodiac birth element, look to your rising and moon signs as they influence your life a lot as well.

I am a Capricorn and I feel close to the earth, but because I'm a Leo rising I feel close to fire too. My moon sign is Aquarius and so I am also close to the air. The thing about pagans/wiccans is that we all search for a sense of balance within our lives and how close we are to the elements helps us with that. So there is nothing wrong with being close to more than one element.

Also to comment on the first post, vegetarians do eat fish, they just don't eat other meats. It is Vegans who do not eat any meat at all or touch anything that has come from an animal. Your friend probably has all her terms mixed up and you should tell her to think before she comments on things she does not know about.  

daltheater29

Orafaun

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:21 pm
As I Sagittarius I am a muteable flickering flame with a secondary Earth sign. They are both evident in my personality. I am caring and gentle most of the time but I "flicker" with excitement and anger every now and then. When I get mad, I get really upset but it goes away quite quickly.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff