Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
I'm calling you all out! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:03 pm
I want a rematch. I could have done better.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:08 pm
I keep making mistakes XD I don't know what happenes half the time.

EDIT: I think I will battle once I am used to this.  

Deathguiser

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:09 pm
Think faster.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:09 pm
Whats ******** up is that i battled Shigeru a long time ago when we first got shoddy and he kicked my a** to teh curb so to think i think the battle matches went me 0 and Shigeru 23  

-2 Z Zelly

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:16 pm
Fireyblaze000
I want a rematch. I could have done better.

3-0 Shigeru

You got better, but I'm two steps ahead I guess.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:18 pm
Zelly_2
Whats ******** up is that i battled Shigeru a long time ago when we first got shoddy and he kicked my a** to teh curb so to think i think the battle matches went me 0 and Shigeru 23

Back then I was kick-a**. But then the Pokemon community caught up to my strategies.

That and you're horrid.  

Shigeru the Hero

-2 Z Zelly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:20 pm
Yeah I guess I am.... i just don't battle good enough do I?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:45 pm
Shigeru K
Think faster.

no, I just don't like the format much, everything happens at once and sometimes I can't tell what happened. Like i didn't quite get how that guys chomp out ran my infernape....

I did win that battle though, but he sucked so it isn't much to brag about.  

Deathguiser

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:09 pm
Deathguiser
Shigeru K
Think faster.

no, I just don't like the format much, everything happens at once and sometimes I can't tell what happened.

Exactly. You need to be able to read everything and react to it more smoothly. This isn't like on wi-fi where you have an entire 30 seconds to figure out what's going on.

P.S. Choice-chomps are very common.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:24 pm
Shigeru K
Deathguiser
Shigeru K
Think faster.

no, I just don't like the format much, everything happens at once and sometimes I can't tell what happened.

Exactly. You need to be able to read everything and react to it more smoothly. This isn't like on wi-fi where you have an entire 30 seconds to figure out what's going on.

I've noticed that Scarfchomps are a bit of a fad right now, and I don't blame people for it. They make great revenge killers.
Anyways, you do pretty much have 30 seconds to figure out what's going on, but not much more. Timed battles start you with 5 minutes and give you back 10 seconds after each action, so 30-second turns gives you 15 turns, which is usually long enough to get your butt kicked. There are some turns where it takes you 2 seconds to figure out what to do, as well, so those add time to your clock. Then again, I'm used to calculating random figures for no apparent reason, so you might want to read over this section, but I assure you that it is quite enlightening.  

darkslasherX
Crew

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:50 pm
Shigeru K
Deathguiser
Shigeru K
Think faster.

Oh yah I am still not used to seeing choice chomps, I more used to the life orb chomp. I'll get used to whats going on more. Is shoddy accurate when it coems to damage like in the game, or is it little off?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:20 pm
Deathguiser
Shigeru K
Deathguiser
Shigeru K
Think faster.

Oh yah I am still not used to seeing choice chomps, I more used to the life orb chomp. I'll get used to whats going on more. Is shoddy accurate when it coems to damage like in the game, or is it little off?

Shoddy uses the same damage formula and rounding as Pokémon, so it's pretty dead on.  

darkslasherX
Crew

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:54 am
I think its calculations for Splash is a bit off.

It never OHKOs for me.

Quote:
Anyways, you do pretty much have 30 seconds to figure out what's going on, but not much more. Timed battles start you with 5 minutes and give you back 10 seconds after each action, so 30-second turns gives you 15 turns, which is usually long enough to get your butt kicked. There are some turns where it takes you 2 seconds to figure out what to do, as well, so those add time to your clock. Then again, I'm used to calculating random figures for no apparent reason, so you might want to read over this section, but I assure you that it is quite enlightening.

Well I guess you do have the time, but most regulars tend to streamline their moves, so everything is often in 5 seconds or less. I personally hate it when a person takes over 10 seconds to make a move (unless they're talking with me).  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:45 pm
chalange me the ice king of pokemon  

bluechaos331

Zephyr TruFeld

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:55 pm
Heh. Ive beat you before, Shigeru.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers