Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
The debate thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kunx990

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:55 pm
Frank is one the greatest men to live along with Luke and Drew.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:01 pm
Kunx990
Frank is one the greatest men to live along with Luke and Drew.
are you mad..I got wiki backing me up..frank,luke and drew got nothing against me  

16bit-Plumber

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:19 pm
Candy goes B A N G
Cookies > Cake

Darn right.

PhoenixBlade983
What is Tyraniboah?

And for that matter any other combo names I don't know about.
Tyraniboah isn't a combo. It's a Tyranitar equipped with both physical and special moves so that it can beat out walls and wall combos like Skarmbliss and Cressteel. Its usual moveset is Substitute/Focus Punch/Thunderbolt(or Ice Beam)/Dark Pulse.

It beats Skarmbliss by defeating Skarmory with Thunderbolt in one hit, then making a 101 sub to survive Blissey's Seismic Toss and then using Focus Punch to take out Blissey in one hit. It beats Cressteel by using Dark Pulse for a quick 2HKO (or OHKO, I'm not sure, possibly 3HKO) on Cresselia and uses Subpunching (or maybe Thunderbolt) on Registeel. Registeel can learn Superpower if I remember correctly, so Tyraniboah might not be such a good idea to beat it, after all. Ice Beam is occasionally used for taking down the ever-so-prevalent Donphans and Gliscors. It can also use Thunderbolt on Water-types like Slowbro or Milotic.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:37 pm
16bit-Plumber
The plumber man = Greatness; fact

Citation needed.  

Shigeru the Hero

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:42 pm
darkslasherX
Candy goes B A N G
Cookies > Cake

Darn right.

PhoenixBlade983
What is Tyraniboah?

And for that matter any other combo names I don't know about.
Tyraniboah isn't a combo. It's a Tyranitar equipped with both physical and special moves so that it can beat out walls and wall combos like Skarmbliss and Cressteel. Its usual moveset is Substitute/Focus Punch/Thunderbolt(or Ice Beam)/Dark Pulse.

It beats Skarmbliss by defeating Skarmory with Thunderbolt in one hit, then making a 101 sub to survive Blissey's Seismic Toss and then using Focus Punch to take out Blissey in one hit. It beats Cressteel by using Dark Pulse for a quick 2HKO (or OHKO, I'm not sure, possibly 3HKO) on Cresselia and uses Subpunching (or maybe Thunderbolt) on Registeel. Registeel can learn Superpower if I remember correctly, so Tyraniboah might not be such a good idea to beat it, after all. Ice Beam is occasionally used for taking down the ever-so-prevalent Donphans and Gliscors. It can also use Thunderbolt on Water-types like Slowbro or Milotic.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:39 pm
Shigeru K
16bit-Plumber
The plumber man = Greatness; fact

Citation needed.
The Plumber man stays Pertinent,buddy boy.
like i stated before "wiki that"....16bit-Personified  

16bit-Plumber

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:37 pm
BUMP: since kunx locked console wars.

Raijin36 wrote: Drakes Fortune looks dumb.

Out of all the games you listed the only semi-appealing one is Sigma.

I bought God of War and didn't like it so I sold it and got FFTA for GBA.

And I still play FFTA.

I like stories with my games, thank you very much, and I hate that sony had to be "different" and put symbols just because they are not as inovative as nintendo to come up with something like the Wii and would look stupid to make a rip-off so they just made a standard controller with "symbols" ooh flashy.

Dude just face it, PS3 was dead before it came, and will never be able to top the technology and XboxLive of Microsoft and the Brains and loyalty Nintendo has kept to the gaming world.

PS3 is a PS2 with less platforming and a Blue ray it is a thrown together at the last minute piec. of. trash.

All of these games have stories you idiot, your just too retarded to figure them out. PS3 has an online thats basically almost exactly the same as xboxlive, and oh guess what- its free! I am not even going to begin about symbols, since I think we can all agree that your just retarded. ANd another guess what: final fantasy tactics war of the lions came out for the PSP, you gonna curse that to hell too? PS3 is no where near dead, if anything it's gaining popularity. Dude, nobody undertsands why you don't like the PS3, when its like the god dman same as the 360. Whatever, be stupid.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:38 pm
I wrote something too while it was being locked o_o

BAM

Your controller argument is so stupid -_-

Nintendo wasn't innovative at all before the DS and Wii (well kinda, with the Virutal Boy, but that failed)

Sony wasn't like "Oh man this nintendo has letters on their buttons, maybe we should use SYMBOLS that will make use look innovative!" no it was more like "Oh we need some button symbols, lets use square, circle, triangle, and x so it's different from nintendo"

Oh let me just grab this giant list of exclusives from this rpg site (not sure if ALL are exclusive and not all are rpgs) since you like games with story so much.

EDIT: and since when was nintendo all about story -_-

.hack//Infection
.hack//Mutation
.hack//Outbreak
.hack//Quarantine
.hack//G.U. Rebirth
.hack//G.U. Reminisce
.hack//G.U. Redemption
Arc the Lad
Atelier Iris
Atelier Iris 2
Atelier Iris 3
Breath of Fire V
Dark Cloud
Dark Cloud 2
Dawn of Mana
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Disgaea
Dragon Quest VIII
Drakengard
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XI Online
Front Mission 4
Grandia II
Grandia III
Grandia Xtreme
Growlanser Generations
Jade Cocoon 2
Justice League Heroes
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
La Pucelle: Tactics
Legaia 2: Duel Saga
Makai Kingdom
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Phantom Brave
Rpg Maker 3
Samurai Legend Musashi
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Shadow Hearts From The New World
Shining Force EXA
Shining Tears
Soul Nomad
Star Ocean Till End of Time
Stella Deus
Suikoden III
Suikoden IV
Suikoden V
Suikoden Tactics
Tales of Abyss
Tales of Legendia
The Bard's Tale
Unlimited Saga
Valkyrie Profile 2
Wild Arms 3
Wild Arms 4
Wild Arms 5
Wild Arms Alter Code F
Xenosaga
Xenosaga II
Xenosaga III
X-Men Legends
X-Men Legends II
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim

and a few (rpgs) that I like that aren't on the list, Odin Sphere, Persona 3, Radiata Stories, and shadow of the colossus.  

Pay Per Cuts

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:40 pm
Pay Per Cuts

BAM

Nintendo wasn't innovative at all before the DS and Wii (well kinda, with the Virutal Boy, but that failed)

Sony wasn't like "Oh man this nintendo has letters on their buttons, maybe we should use SYMBOLS that will make use look innovative!" no it was more like "Oh we need some button symbols, lets use square, circle, triangle, and x so it's different from nintendo"

Oh let me just grab this giant list of exclusives from this rpg site (not sure if ALL are exclusive and not all are rpgs) since you like games with story so much.

.hack//Infection
.hack//Mutation
.hack//Outbreak
.hack//Quarantine
.hack//G.U. Rebirth
.hack//G.U. Reminisce
.hack//G.U. Redemption
Arc the Lad
Atelier Iris
Atelier Iris 2
Atelier Iris 3
Breath of Fire V
Dark Cloud
Dark Cloud 2
Dawn of Mana
Disgaea
Dragon Quest VIII
Drakengard
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XI Online
Front Mission 4
Grandia II
Grandia III
Grandia Xtreme
Growlanser Generations
Jade Cocoon 2
Justice League Heroes
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Makai Kingdom
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Phantom Brave
Rpg Maker 3
Samurai Legend Musashi
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Shining Force EXA
Shining Tears
Soul Nomad
Stella Deus
Suikoden III
Suikoden IV
Suikoden V
Suikoden Tactics
Tales of Abyss
Tales of Legendia
The Bard's Tale
Unlimited Saga
Valkyrie Profile 2
Wild Arms 3
Wild Arms 4
Wild Arms 5
Wild Arms Alter Code F
Xenosaga
Xenosaga II
Xenosaga III
X-Men Legends
X-Men Legends II

and a few (rpgs) that I like that aren't on the list, Odin Sphere, Persona 3, Radiata Stories, and shadow of the colossus.

Exactly.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:55 pm
Deathguiser
BUMP: since kunx locked console wars.

Raijin36 wrote: Drakes Fortune looks dumb.

Out of all the games you listed the only semi-appealing one is Sigma.

I bought God of War and didn't like it so I sold it and got FFTA for GBA.

And I still play FFTA.

I like stories with my games, thank you very much, and I hate that sony had to be "different" and put symbols just because they are not as inovative as nintendo to come up with something like the Wii and would look stupid to make a rip-off so they just made a standard controller with "symbols" ooh flashy.

Dude just face it, PS3 was dead before it came, and will never be able to top the technology and XboxLive of Microsoft and the Brains and loyalty Nintendo has kept to the gaming world.

PS3 is a PS2 with less platforming and a Blue ray it is a thrown together at the last minute piec. of. trash.

All of these games have stories you idiot, your just too retarded to figure them out. PS3 has an online thats basically almost exactly the same as xboxlive, and oh guess what- its free! I am not even going to begin about symbols, since I think we can all agree that your just retarded. ANd another guess what: final fantasy tactics war of the lions came out for the PSP, you gonna curse that to hell too? PS3 is no where near dead, if anything it's gaining popularity. Dude, nobody undertsands why you don't like the PS3, when its like the god dman same as the 360. Whatever, be stupid.

Whoa whoa whoa.

I never said I didn't play sony systems or games(I do) especially war of the lions.

I hate sony for making the PS3 a thrown together trash heap.

P.S. PS3 is not the same as 360, 360 has live that and a lot of good games and out and coming make it win against PS3.  

Raijin36

Raijin36

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:56 pm
Deathguiser
Pay Per Cuts

BAM

.hack//Infection
.hack//Mutation
.hack//Outbreak
.hack//Quarantine
.hack//G.U. Rebirth
.hack//G.U. Reminisce
.hack//G.U. Redemption
Arc the Lad
Atelier Iris
Atelier Iris 2
Atelier Iris 3
Breath of Fire V
Dark Cloud
Dark Cloud 2
Dawn of Mana
Disgaea
Dragon Quest VIII
Drakengard
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XI Online
Front Mission 4
Grandia II
Grandia III
Grandia Xtreme
Growlanser Generations
Jade Cocoon 2
Justice League Heroes
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Makai Kingdom
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Phantom Brave
Rpg Maker 3
Samurai Legend Musashi
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Shining Force EXA
Shining Tears
Soul Nomad
Stella Deus
Suikoden III
Suikoden IV
Suikoden V
Suikoden Tactics
Tales of Abyss
Tales of Legendia
The Bard's Tale
Unlimited Saga
Valkyrie Profile 2
Wild Arms 3
Wild Arms 4
Wild Arms 5
Wild Arms Alter Code F
Xenosaga
Xenosaga II
Xenosaga III
X-Men Legends
X-Men Legends II

Exactly.

I'm dead serious right now I have heard of about 4 or 5 of those.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:58 pm
Deathguiser
5) THERE ARE TONS OF SONY EXCLUSIVEG AMES THAT STILL DO WELL. Final Fantasy. God of war. Must I continue to name all of the games? The only final fantasy games that go off of sony are crappy spin offs, like crytal cronicles and what not.

I'd hate to break it to you, Deathguiser, but Final Fantasy was on Nintendo before it ever hit Sony. Nowadays, FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFV, and FFVI are on Nintendo, so you can hardly say that Final Fantasy is system exclusive to Sony. By the way, Crystal Chronicles and FFTA are hardly crappy.

A little bit late edit: I hope you know that I'm just arguing for fun, and I have nothing against Sony as a whole. I do believe that the Wii will win this round, though.  

darkslasherX
Crew

Raijin36

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:00 pm
darkslasherX
Deathguiser
5) THERE ARE TONS OF SONY EXCLUSIVEG AMES THAT STILL DO WELL. Final Fantasy. God of war. Must I continue to name all of the games? The only final fantasy games that go off of sony are crappy spin offs, like crytal cronicles and what not.

I'd hate to break it to you, Deathguiser, but Final Fantasy was on Nintendo before it ever hit Sony. Nowadays, FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFV, and FFVI are on Nintendo, so you can hardly say that Final Fantasy is system exclusive to Sony. By the way, Crystal Chronicles and FFTA are hardly crappy.

You nailed it slasher.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:15 am
Raijin36
darkslasherX
Deathguiser

You nailed it slasher.

@Darkslasher- I know, but since the release of the playstation they moved the series, so it is usually considered a playstation exclusive nowadays. Crystal chronicles is alright, I never said Tactics sucked. I guess I should I said some of the spin offs suck.

@Raijin- I still think your a retard.  

Deathguiser

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas