Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:21 pm
XxfushigipinayxX
Stephenie's already said they'd end up together.
It's the one "spoiler" about Breaking Dawn she's willing to give out xD
{ don't ask me where I found it; I already spent heaps of time in my printed papers of Twilight stuff last night trying to find the answer to questions }

Anyway, they do kind of want to see each other...but they're too torn about her decision to follow that through. But yeah, she didn't invite him to the wedding because she wasn't sure that would be best, and he ran off in the epilogue because everything was just crashing down on him.

Love is such a complicated thing :/
I was under the impression that Edward invited him to the wedding, though...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:33 pm
The Kraken
XxfushigipinayxX
{ don't ask me where I found it; I already spent heaps of time in my printed papers of Twilight stuff last night trying to find the answer to questions }

Anyway, they do kind of want to see each other...but they're too torn about her decision to follow that through. But yeah, she didn't invite him to the wedding because she wasn't sure that would be best, and he ran off in the epilogue because everything was just crashing down on him.

He did... ^^ I can imagine the glares... and the trembling as he tries to fight hte urge to transform into a wolf.  

chevalierobsessed

Cheeter2000

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:57 pm
Bella Cullen7676
ok in twilight the cover has an apple....obviously the hands are Edwards...the apple is a symbole for knowlage and in the book Edward gives bella the knowlage of the whole vampire thing

ok new moon the rose once agian is obviosly the rose from bellas party and it's dieing because Edward left Bella (remember he thought it was best for her) and the title it's kinda like when Bella starts her life agian with Jacob as a best friend (nothing more)

ok Eclipse Well the title it's kinda of like Jacob and Edward in Bella's life...The two kinda come together and she has to choose (please let it be edward) And for the cover....this is a theory....well instead of 'tieing the knot' with edward it's more like 'cutting the string' once agian thats a theory and this one as well is a theory...umm Bella is torn between b.f.f. and b.f.

i beleive that you are right about this  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:13 pm
Cheeter2000
Bella Cullen7676
ok in twilight the cover has an apple....obviously the hands are Edwards...the apple is a symbole for knowlage and in the book Edward gives bella the knowlage of the whole vampire thing

ok new moon the rose once agian is obviosly the rose from bellas party and it's dieing because Edward left Bella (remember he thought it was best for her) and the title it's kinda like when Bella starts her life agian with Jacob as a best friend (nothing more)

ok Eclipse Well the title it's kinda of like Jacob and Edward in Bella's life...The two kinda come together and she has to choose (please let it be edward) And for the cover....this is a theory....well instead of 'tieing the knot' with edward it's more like 'cutting the string' once agian thats a theory and this one as well is a theory...umm Bella is torn between b.f.f. and b.f.

i beleive that you are right about this
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Er...right about what?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

KiraLight
Crew

LiskasaurusRex

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:39 am
Twilight-I think that the hands are Bella's. If you look higher up on the arm the skin grows darker. the apple is Bella offering herself to Edward. It signifies knowledge as well.

New Moon-It's a French Tulip. It signifies Bella slowly dieing wilst Edward is away. The red is blood.

Eclipse-Has anyone ever noticed that in Bleach, one of the ending songs the picture is Rukia holding a red ribbon.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:19 pm
chevalierobsessed
The Kraken
XxfushigipinayxX

He did... ^^ I can imagine the glares... and the trembling as he tries to fight hte urge to transform into a wolf.

Oh, imagine if he couldn't help himself and he DID phase... heehee.

Charlie - OMG, GIANT WOLF! CALL THE POLICE! Oh, wait. FLEE!
Mike - My money's on Jacob... o__o;  

PurpleViolinist

WickedSong

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:13 pm
I have a theory about the titles.

Please let me know if anyone's heard Meyer's position on this (or if there's another board), but here's my theory for the original trilogy.

The titles are symbolic. Edward is symbolized with the moon (alright, I admit it, my english classes are getting to me, but bear with me). He, like the moon, is cold, hard, distant, and shines in the sunlight (lol). Twilight symbolizes the coming of Edward into Bella's life.

New Moon is a time with no moon, aka, no Edward.

Eclipse is where Edward, the moon, overshadows Jacob, Bella's "Sun".

The only thing I'm not sure about is Breaking Dawn. If my theory is correct and holds true for that book...NOOOOO!!!!!!! And my theory doesn't quite cover Midnight Sun...I suppose perhaps Bella is Edward's sun in his darkest night?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:42 pm
Here..I'm gonna post all the things Stephenie says about the covers

Q: What's with the apple?

A: The apple on the cover of Twilight represents "forbidden fruit." I used the scripture from Genesis (located just after the table of contents) because I loved the phrase "the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil." Isn't this exactly what Bella ends up with? A working knowledge of what good is, and what evil is. The nice thing about the apple is it has so many symbolic roots. You've got the apple in Snow White, one bite and you're frozen forever in a state of not-quite-death... Then you have Paris and the golden apple in Greek mythology—look how much trouble that started. Apples are quite the versatile fruit. In the end, I love the beautiful simplicity of the picture. To me it says: choice.

Q. What kind of flower is that on the cover(New Moon), and what does it mean?

A. That is a ruffled tulip. As for the meaning… If you've read the Twilight faq, you know that the apple cover had a lot of meaning for me, and I was an active part of the covering process. However, that experience is more the exception than the rule in the publishing world. Something to keep in mind if you intend to embark on a career as a writer: lots of things you might expect to be under your control are not. Covers, for example. Those are mostly up to the publisher and the marketing and sales departments. So I don't know what the tulip means—I didn't have anything to do with this one.

Q. What does the title refer to? Is it a werewolf reference?

A. Nope. The term "new moon" refers to the phase of the moon opposite a full moon. It is when the sun is on the opposite side of the moon from us and thus the bright side of the moon is not visible from earth. This is the darkest kind of night. New Moon is the darkest period of Bella's life.

I couldn't find anything on the Eclipse cover, there maybe some in the Lexicon PCs but I'm too lazy to look through them right now XD

KiraLight
Crew

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:09 am
WickedSong

Please let me know if anyone's heard Meyer's position on this (or if there's another board), but here's my theory for the original trilogy.

The titles are symbolic. Edward is symbolized with the moon (alright, I admit it, my english classes are getting to me, but bear with me). He, like the moon, is cold, hard, distant, and shines in the sunlight (lol). Twilight symbolizes the coming of Edward into Bella's life.

The only thing I'm not sure about is Breaking Dawn. If my theory is correct and holds true for that book...NOOOOO!!!!!!! And my theory doesn't quite cover Midnight Sun...I suppose perhaps Bella is Edward's sun in his darkest night?

I think you're right. But Maybe Breaking dawn is more literal and it's like saying "Breaking Jacob" since Bella and Edward are getting married and Bella may become a vampire?
That's my little theory.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:46 pm
i always thot the apple was from when she was sitting in the cafeteria w/ edward those 1st few times, twirling the apple in her hands.....  

Rapunzel207

6,000 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Fifii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:21 pm
Bella Cullen7676
no it's a rose just it's willting so it looks likke a different flower

and in basics......apples are knowlage im not talking about a poison apple in the book of genisis it isn't necisarilly and apple just the forbiden fruit and it is the tree of knowlage the fruit came from

it's definetly not a rose  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:18 pm
"New Moon" is also a phase of the moon when the moon appears to have diseappeared. Edward was Bella's moon, and 'new moon' symbolizes a period of darkness for Bella.  

Avian Azure

Alice Brandon Cullen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:16 am
Bella Cullen7676
no it's a rose just it's willting so it looks likke a different flower

and in basics......apples are knowlage im not talking about a poison apple in the book of genisis it isn't necisarilly and apple just the forbiden fruit and it is the tree of knowlage the fruit came from

Stephenie said the flower was a ruffled tulip  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:27 pm
Aqua Anjel
WickedSong

I think you're right. But Maybe Breaking dawn is more literal and it's like saying "Breaking Jacob" since Bella and Edward are getting married and Bella may become a vampire?
That's my little theory.

Ooo, I like that theory! That makes more sense and gives me more hope. Thanks!  

WickedSong

LexiLu Latte

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:58 pm
The cover of twilight is hard to decipher, the apple as was said represents how the Cullens are vegetarian obviously, and the hands could be bells or edwards, the fingers look like they could be Edwards but the hands themselves are so small i wonder if they are Bella's.
Im not sure y the l in twilight is taller and more prominent then the rest of the letters... any ideas on that?
The new moon cover has a rose on it, the one from bells b day party i believe but edward leaves her and as u can see bella or the rose is wilting,dying, losing color
The ribbin reprsents bellas relationship with jacob i think or her weddin, or even better her connections to humans, which she is gradually stepping away from. u know charlie and renee and etc
thats my thoughts on that  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces