Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
They think twilight and the series is Satanic! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twilight and the series; Satanic?
  wtf...nop!
  ill go satanic for edward *lol not my point*
  "i worship thy vampires"
View Results

Priestress of darkness

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:51 pm
My Grandpa said something similar but we all hate him anyways so we don't listen to him.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:07 pm
Fist of all if you want to you can twist things to mean all sorts of stuff (I could give examples but don't feel like pissing people off) and I convinces my mom to read the first book and she liked it I HATE when people go on like that course they never read the books they complain about so everyone

The next time someone tells you your going to hell for reading a book or watching a movie ask them if they have read the book or seen the movie I guarantee a entertaining reaction.

On second thought you may not want to ask a teacher since it might make them hate you.

prettypurplepenguin
And just because we're obsessed with the books doesn't mean we're all going to go out and try to be vampires or werewolves or start worshiping evil or whatever

But now I want to crying And judging by some of the things I've seen in this guild I'm not the only one biggrin  

kgirl1992

PurpleViolinist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:22 pm
...SATANIC??

Pfft. WHAT?

WHAT??

WHAT?!?!

No. Shall I list the one million reasons Twilight is NOT satanic?? The guy probably heard the book was about vampires and he was like "GYAH! SHUNNN! SHUNNNN THE EVIL BOOK". If he read them.. well, never mind, he would probably be too predjudiced while reading them. He's pick out EVERY SINGLE WORD.. and like translate it into morse code and then into Latin and be like OMG IN LATIN IT SAYS SATAAAAN ON PAGE 444.

And then he'd probably go on to some nonsense about how there's some word on page 666 of Eclipse that means it's Satanic... And whatever else...

*Done ranting*  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:42 pm
Well uh, the Cullens are Christian so that throws that one out the window  

Zirumi

handsome madeline

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:10 am
Hmm, well, I go to Catholic school and, yes, they do teach religion.
Yes, the Golden Compass is bad.
Extremely.
I can understand that, they did the same for us.
But when actually get around to reading the book you'll see it is extremely bad.
Really.
They kill God.

Anyway, Twilight, I can understand it being called satanic. See, the same was said for Harry Potter. Really...strict Catholics (or Protestants) will see things that say magic exists as satanic. Back in the olden days, they said that left handed children were a sign of the devil. They would hit you if you wrote with your left hand.
Saying that you can make whatever you want to come true with magic, like in Harry Potter, is wrong because Christians believe the only way to get that is if you trust in God.
Well, with vampires, they say that they are...well, unpure. It's a sin to live for eternity because then you will never be with God. It's a sin to willingly become one because that's suicide, the tieing off of all relations with God.
Your teacher is saying it's subliminal messaging because she WANTS to be a vampire. That's suicide, as I said before. This could, perhaps, encourage young, impressionable children, to think that killing yourself like that is...well, okay.
However, with Christians like me, it's fine to read it as long as you know that bad stuff like that is, well, bad.
Don't go ranting off like you did.
Please try to keep an open mind and see that people have their reasons for their beliefs. My religion teacher happens to find Twilight fine. As long as, we, you know, know the differenc from fact and fiction.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:13 am
PurpleViolinist
...SATANIC??

Pfft. WHAT?

WHAT??

WHAT?!?!

No. Shall I list the one million reasons Twilight is NOT satanic?? The guy probably heard the book was about vampires and he was like "GYAH! SHUNNN! SHUNNNN THE EVIL BOOK". If he read them.. well, never mind, he would probably be too predjudiced while reading them. He's pick out EVERY SINGLE WORD.. and like translate it into morse code and then into Latin and be like OMG IN LATIN IT SAYS SATAAAAN ON PAGE 444.

And then he'd probably go on to some nonsense about how there's some word on page 666 of Eclipse that means it's Satanic... And whatever else...

*Done ranting*

Hate to burst your bubble there, hun, but there are only 629 pages in Eclipse.
._.''

xD  

handsome madeline

Noob

handsome madeline

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:20 am
xD
I love how everyone got so angry.
Silly Gaians.
I hate how no one bothered to read my post, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:35 pm
mizzshy
User Image I see the angels,
I'll lead them to your door.
There's no escape now...
---

Pfft. Screw them, if you don't mind my saying so.

They're not the ones reading it.

So they won't be the ones going to Hell if they are right.

If they are right, they can sit on their clouds in Heaven, laughing at us.

Meanwhile we can all be happy in Hell with our books.

Sorted.

^_^

---
... No mercy no more,
No remorse 'cause I still remember
The smile when you tore me apart...User Image

thats funny...I guess ill see all of you in HELL!!!  

mascaracachimba

mascaracachimba

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:36 pm
chevalierobsessed
>.> My MOTHER hates vampires, if she knew I was reading these books she'd think I was the devil. SERIOUSLY.

eek ...dude...thats just wrong!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:37 pm
xnotxperfectx
Believe me Catholic school is not fun. But that's not my point...
Sounds to me like he's butting into the students personal lives. If you want to read it, read it. If you want to watch the movie, whatch it. He has no right to tell you what to do, or pass judgements on things he probably knows nothing about and the push those thoughts and beliefs on you. If he wants to think that fine. But he shouldn't push it on other people.

crying thankyou crying i feel..soo.. UNDERSTOOD  

mascaracachimba

mascaracachimba

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:40 pm
kingdom-hearts-chan
omg what????????!!!!!!!!!that is so not right!i go to a christian school,so i know how you feel.last year,my math teacher [who gets off subject easily.he started listing good hot dog places on the frikkin board! e_e] said that harry potter and toys were satanic.
Heres the story: There was this girl that was getting married to this guy and then he got her a cabbage patch kid for unknown reasons.And then all of a sudden the girl started going supposedly blind because of the frikkin cabbage patch kid!So the guy looked up the name of the cabbage patch thing and it SUPPOSEDLY was the name of an indian goddess that made people blind.So when he threw it away,she gained back her sight.
After the story,i was like,So you think cabbage patch kids are possessed?and he was like,Well,yes!I dont know about you,but teachers are crazy.I know that story doesnt have to do with Twilight very much,but we DO have teachers that are alike.You are NOT alone.

cabbage... patch...kid
now thats CRAZY
but math teachers have it in for them,
thell go crazy with all the problems they haffta solve
lol  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:39 pm
Hikari567
prettypurplepenguin
People like that make me so mad! Twilight does not have "subliminal messages" or whatever crap he's trying to pull on you! It's a brilliantly written story! A brilliantly written FICTIONAL story! Just because they're about vampires does NOT make it Satanic! And just because we're obsessed with the books doesn't mean we're all going to go out and try to be vampires or werewolves or start worshiping evil or whatever, not that the books try to convince us to, but SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!!!!! We are smart enough to know the difference between a fictional and a true story! Sheesh, people are so overly sensitive! It FRUSTRATES me! stressed scream

ROCK ON I'M 100% WITH YOU THERE!!!!

same here  

mascaracachimba

mizzshy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:59 pm
mascaracachimba
mizzshy
There's no escape now...
---

Sorted.

^_^

---
... No mercy no more,

thats funny...I guess ill see all of you in HELL!!!

*high fives*

I'll set up a nice reading corner... Full of Harry Potter and His Dark Materials and Twilight...

And we can all laugh at the losers in Heaven who never appreciated good literature... ^_^

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:10 pm
mizzshy
There's no escape now...
---

Sorted.

^_^

---
... No mercy no more,

Psssh! Damn rite! Just some wierd guy thinks that an author is trying to control teenage minds in her book with the powers of Satan... (oooohhh...lol) it's not gonna make me stop reading it!!!  

BUGS ARE PEOPLE TOO

Wheezing Capitalist

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:10 pm
Cheshire.Chick
Hmm, well, I go to Catholic school and, yes, they do teach religion.
Yes, the Golden Compass is bad.
Extremely.
I can understand that, they did the same for us.
But when actually get around to reading the book you'll see it is extremely bad.
Really.
They kill God.

Anyway, Twilight, I can understand it being called satanic. See, the same was said for Harry Potter. Really...strict Catholics (or Protestants) will see things that say magic exists as satanic. Back in the olden days, they said that left handed children were a sign of the devil. They would hit you if you wrote with your left hand.
Saying that you can make whatever you want to come true with magic, like in Harry Potter, is wrong because Christians believe the only way to get that is if you trust in God.
Well, with vampires, they say that they are...well, unpure. It's a sin to live for eternity because then you will never be with God. It's a sin to willingly become one because that's suicide, the tieing off of all relations with God.
Your teacher is saying it's subliminal messaging because she WANTS to be a vampire. That's suicide, as I said before. This could, perhaps, encourage young, impressionable children, to think that killing yourself like that is...well, okay.
However, with Christians like me, it's fine to read it as long as you know that bad stuff like that is, well, bad.
Don't go ranting off like you did.
Please try to keep an open mind and see that people have their reasons for their beliefs. My religion teacher happens to find Twilight fine. As long as, we, you know, know the differenc from fact and fiction.

This might not be a The Golden Compass or His Dark Materials guild, but I'd appreciate there not being a SPOILERS session going on as I actually have not finished the third book.

SO THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR SPOILING THE ENTIRE GOD DAMN TRILOGY FOR ME.

By the way, in no offense to any one or anything, but I do not believe in formal religion. Yes I believe there is a god or higher power, or however you want to state it; but I think that we're meant to learn and have the RIGHT to freedom of speech.

And by the way, fiction is fiction. Plain and simple. It's not real, and it will never be real no matter how much we wish that it could be. So how about we keep the lines between fact and fiction very well defined. Besides, I sometimes wonder (and this could get me into a lot of trouble I believe with people) what the church and people are trying to accomplish by banning certain books.

They are not corrupting us, they can teach us, and they're only there for entertainment purposes.

And your opinion is your own. You can't let anyone else force their own onto or into you; your life is your life, so live it. After all, you only get one life. And even though fiction is fiction, it can teach us important life lessons.

So while we're on that subject... "Essentially, the trilogy is about the transition of innocence to experience, the triumph of knowledge over ignorance. When we're introduced to Lyra, we're told the inflexible church authorities in her world are anxious to stem the spread of "Dust". Only later do we find that Dust is good - "the totality of human wisdom and experience" is Pullman's description. It's the religious zealots trying to prevent the spread of wisdom who are the bad guys, even if they wear clerics' robes." (The Shed Where God Died by Steve Meacham
December 13, 2003"

And now I totally agree with what Pullman himself says here: "That's not to say I disparage the religious impulse. I think the impulse is a critical part of the wonder and awe that human beings feel. What I am against is organised religion of the sort which persecutes people who don't believe. I'm against religious intolerance."

If anyone else wants to debate with me, then that's fine. But you're not, and not even a thousand religious people, will change my beliefs. If I respect yours, then give me the same respect with mine. Just don't go preaching someone else's; I want to know what yours are.

Twilight.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces