Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Crafting Resolutions for 2008 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KiwiDragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:26 pm
I'm going to try to learn to knit or crochet or both! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:37 pm
Resist the temptation to give away my leftover yarn to my crocheting friends and knit it up before buing new  

eeveetaro

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:53 pm
YourAzureGoddess
Brunette_Star
I tend to do crafts because I think they will please other people, so my crafting resolutions is to do crafts simply for me. I've started with a crocheted sweater (the "Cupcake" sweater from Stoller's Happy Hooker book).

That sounds like a great resolution!

Thanks. biggrin I'm hoping to have pictures of the sweater posted in a couple of weeks.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:09 pm
I want to learn how to sew something I can wear. C:  

KotokoPlum

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:21 pm
Sewing: To make some clothes and/or recon some clothes, to learn how to use sewing patterns and understand them better so that I can finish the skirt and top I started last year with my grandma before I got sick, so that I don't always need grandma's help, mainly if we don't finish working on things when I stay with her.

Knitting: To finish my first knitting project aka a scarf.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:53 pm
I am going to knit my first sweater! biggrin

I also hope to spend more time with dying yarn and fiber, and I'd also like to try spinning as many new fibers as I can. It shouldn't be hard, since I've only spun BFL, Finn and Merino wools and a Merino/tencel blend so far.  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:19 am
I'm going to finish that bloody quilt, set up an etsy sight with my sister and sister-in-law-to-be-I-hope, and get everybody's Christmas presents finished in time this year. I also want to get back in the habit of sewing since I kind of got out of the habit while I was in college (knitting needles were so much easier to transport across the country.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:28 pm
to acctually knit up the stitch sampler banket I had thought about doing and wanted to do last year...  

the_pink_ladies

Shy Shapeshifter

bit_witch

Invisible Gekko

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:49 am
I don't have any actual resolutions, just some on going sort of wishes.
I really want to complete some of the UFO I have that are waiting around. Also, I want to organize my crafting area, so I can actually work on said projects.
I would love to learn how to sew so I can recon some shirts I have, and make a mess in genral smile
We'll just have to wait and see where this year takes us...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:07 am
I want to make a few things to enter in this year's Evergreen State Fair.
I'm sad because I haven't entered anything in at least five years. gonk

Great Aunt Gertrude

everwonderwhy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:39 am
My new years knitting resolution is.........Pretty much make the scarves my friends have asked me to make. Make my own backpack type of purse thingy without a pattern and make it AWESOME!!! ^-^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:17 pm
I need to finish my sutdio in the basement and move all my fabric, yarn and beads down there. And then organize it all. I also need to move all my paint, etc for school (oh, to be a designer- we own the weirdest stuff...) into the room and organize it.

As far as crochet goes, I need to stash bust. Big time. And learn to knit better. XD No more knitting noob for me this time next year. ^^  

Silver Mist

claviclebone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:23 pm
Stashbust (is that what it's called?), to get some new needles, and knit like crazy also I want to finish this "daddy cap" I promised i would make for a friend! I also want to make more fish knitty stuff!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:19 pm
Yeah. I have fairly simple resolutions: bother to finish something rather than let it get lost somewhere in my trash heap of a room (the cleaning of which is also one of my quasi-resolutions). I also want to get away from the acrylic yarns that are too bulky to do nice lacework with and find something a little more delicate. That might require help of the internets, though. *sighs and wishes for a nice yarn store somewhere near her housw*  

MicroMiniMuffins

FyreKou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:34 pm
Ok mine I guess would be... To make a renn fair dress for myself before I do any costuming for my friends (never have time then for mine) and not to buy anymore fabric till I can get threw the at least half a ceder chest (I have 2 just fabric) and not to buy anymore yarn till I finish at least 3 projects I already have started. smile  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff