Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Random / Chatterbox
Lawl swords Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iOath

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:45 pm
I bet the middle one is the only one that could actually be used. Cause, the left and right ones are just...strange. The hilt doesn't do anything on those swords. It only would make an opponent laugh to death. If they were used, I mean.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:00 pm
Ya when I said the left one kicks a** (this is addressed to everyone), I meant it looks cool, not that it would be good for a swordfight. rolleyes  

PhoenixBlade983

Raike99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:11 pm
If the swords on the left, and right weren't so damn fancy they might be usable.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:13 am
Well..if the sword on the left didn't have such a freaky hilt, then it might be usable, too. Because you can use it to rip chunks of skin off. But, I've only seen that in anime.

User Image

iOath

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:25 am
This thread is now about swords.

Everyone go to wikipedia and find your favourite sword and type of sword. Go!

Butterfly Swords ftw.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:51 am
One of these three.  

Raike99

iOath

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:56 am
Katanas

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:17 pm
Vizard-kun

Quote:
British government officials stated that samurai swords will be added to the Offensive Weapons Order, making them banned by the end of 2007. This is in response to the fact that these weapons were used in more than 80 serious attacks in four years. Those who violate the ban would be jailed up to six months and charged a fine of £5,000. Martial arts connoisseurs and people currently possessing genuine Japanese swords are, however, exempt from the ban.

Aha.

And on the topic of Japanese swords, who could forget the popular Narutard sword!

P.S. I wouldn't mind owning one of these. I can't imagine a way to draw it quickly though. Odachi.  

Shigeru the Hero

iOath

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:08 pm
But I don't live in the U.K.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:04 pm
I don't really have a favorite type of sword, but the claymore, katana, wakizashi, cutlass, katar, and kris are all very nice.  

darkslasherX
Crew

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:22 am
Lawl I don't know s**t about swords. All I do is say whether they look cool or not.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:52 am
SWITCHBLADE, YES  

Pay Per Cuts

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:05 pm
I don'tundertsand why anyone cares if the hilts are laughable...they are just part of a sword collection, its not like he is carrying them off to war...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:54 am
Deathguiser
I don'tundertsand why anyone cares if the hilts are laughable...they are just part of a sword collection, its not like he is carrying them off to war...

Thank you. At least someone understands swords the same way I do.

As long as they are cool-looking, they're fine for a collection.  

PhoenixBlade983

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:56 am
Well how you deem collections and how I see them is very different then, because I judge the collection on how authentic and versatile it is.

Fantasy swords made for show and only for show, are both ugly and useless in my eyes.  
Random / Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff