Submit

digdogs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:07 am
The Kraken
Zirumi
The Kraken
Artemis Cullen vampyre
That does make you think.
Maybe Stephenie didn't know that and just wanted Edward to be the hottest guy imaginable.
Hah, dunno, maybe.
@Digdogs: I think that's a bit unlikely, considering the fact that Stephenie said that the vampires are frozen in the state that they were changed in.
I remember her saying that, but pointing to a different prospect. Like if you were pregnant you would never have the baby. But with the way your putting it, that cant be true. What about when their features are changed to become more beautiful?
Well no, they change while they're going through the process, but once it's complete, their physical features can't really change.

I didn't mean that they continued to grow over however many years they are a vampire for, I said that maybe becoming taller was part of the change, seeing as a lot of people see tall as going along with strength and attractiveness.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:26 pm
digdogs
The Kraken
Zirumi
The Kraken
Artemis Cullen vampyre
Maybe Stephenie didn't know that and just wanted Edward to be the hottest guy imaginable.
Hah, dunno, maybe.
@Digdogs: I think that's a bit unlikely, considering the fact that Stephenie said that the vampires are frozen in the state that they were changed in.
I remember her saying that, but pointing to a different prospect. Like if you were pregnant you would never have the baby. But with the way your putting it, that cant be true. What about when their features are changed to become more beautiful?
Well no, they change while they're going through the process, but once it's complete, their physical features can't really change.

I didn't mean that they continued to grow over however many years they are a vampire for, I said that maybe becoming taller was part of the change, seeing as a lot of people see tall as going along with strength and attractiveness.
Then why is Alice only 4'8"?  

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:35 pm
kgirl1992
The Kraken
kgirl1992
You're killing catgirls biggrin (any time you drag reality into a dicussion about a fantasy story you kill a catgirl (genraly comics)

1. Learn to use the correct homonyms
2. Learn to use the space bar correctly
3. Learn to spell
4. Where do you get the whole "killing cat girls" thing?

1. What are you even talking about?
2. I do.
3. I try.
4. Another forum.
1. As Kira said, they are words that sound the same but are different, such as "to", "too", and "two".
2. (Refers to bold and red text above, with made corrections)
3. It is a bit hard, I understand. Sorry, I forget that it's diffucult for some people to spell. Just because I'm a grammar Nazi, I made a few correctiongs in bold and red text above.
4. Alright, but was it necessary here? You obviously knew we were going to ask about that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:41 pm
roflmao..the correction conversation is making me laugh so hard..

anyway..

I think that when a vampire is changed they don't grow, because height is only attractive by certain standards. What might be hot to one person might be dreadful to another.. I believe their features are just as someone said earlier.. photo-shopped lol. They appear more beautiful than they did when they were alive.. I think the height thing is just a preference by Stephenie. I think alice was portrayed short because shes pixie-like to begin with.  

celestialheiress

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Yeah, because when it comes to attractiveness in terms of height it really depends on the person and generation. Like Kraken originally said, people are alot taller now. And even though it is usually that women prefer men that are taller than them it's a little bit weird of they're like 1 1/2 feet taller than everyone else. But if Edward had been the average height in 1901, a hundred years later he'd be pretty darn short XD

The most probably explanation is that Stephenie didn't really think about it.. confused
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:26 pm
celestialheiress
roflmao..the correction conversation is making me laugh so hard..

anyway..

I think that when a vampire is changed they don't grow, because height is only attractive by certain standards. What might be hot to one person might be dreadful to another.. I believe their features are just as someone said earlier.. photo-shopped lol. They appear more beautiful than they did when they were alive.. I think the height thing is just a preference by Stephenie. I think alice was portrayed short because shes pixie-like to begin with.

I agree.
I, for one, don't like really tall people since I'm pretty short myself.
I'm barely 5'1, and I'd look pretty ridiculous next to a guy that's 6'2.
Not to mention the huge neck-aches I'd get trying to kiss him.

OpalGirl

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • Voter 100

Fifii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:35 am
yeah i dout stephenie thought about that  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:11 pm
I think 5 ft is a bit of a stretch. Maybe 5'8 or 5'9 was tall back in Carsile's time, but i think 6'2'' isn't that bad considering it was 1901 when Edward was born. Remember, humans got taller over time. The only one who might be abnormal height for his time is Carslie....  

Aqua Anjel

Atlacamani

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:04 am
The Kraken
Alright, so I was in US History last week and my teacher made a point that people were a lot shorter a hundred years ago.
Five and half feet was tall for a person, right? Well hell, take a look at Edward. He's 6'2" and was born in 1901. He would have been billed as a giant by the time he was sixteen.
Carlisle, too. He's the same height as Edward and was born in the 1640's. He would have towered over everyone in his home town.
Makes you think, huh?

Well, when Abraham Lincolin was president in the 1860's, he was over six feet too. People considered him freakishly tall, but yeah, it happens. Guess Edward just happened to get the "OMGTALLROFL" gene.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:08 am
The Kraken
digdogs
The Kraken
Zirumi
The Kraken
Artemis Cullen vampyre
Hah, dunno, maybe.

Because she was from the 1400's, right? People were shorter back then, and again, it's genetic. I have a friend who is 6'2" and only fourteen, then another who's sixteen and barely over five feet. <.<;  

Atlacamani

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:09 pm
Caitrina
The Kraken
digdogs
The Kraken
Zirumi

Because she was from the 1400's, right? People were shorter back then, and again, it's genetic. I have a friend who is 6'2" and only fourteen, then another who's sixteen and barely over five feet. <.<;
1940's, hon. That was only sixty years ago.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:44 pm
Alice was around before Jasper, and Jasper was turned during the Civil War, which was 1861-1865.
So Alice was around ~1860 as a vampire.
Because her first vision was of Jasper, and she knew she was going to meet him in a bar, right? Lol.  

Atlacamani

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:08 pm
Caitrina
Alice was around before Jasper, and Jasper was turned during the Civil War, which was 1861-1865.
So Alice was around ~1860 as a vampire.
Because her first vision was of Jasper, and she knew she was going to meet him in a bar, right? Lol.
No, Jasper was with the newborns for about eighty years. Alice was changed around the same time that Jasper left the newbs but she and Jasper didn't find each other or the Cullens until after they picked up Rose and Emmett.
And yes, she did know she was going to meet him in the bar.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:42 am
Sorry, when Steph. talked about "asylums" it just made me think "LOLZ 1400 WITCH BURNING SESSIONS K!"
Lol, thanks for clearing that up. whee  

Atlacamani

Alice Brandon Cullen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:10 am
In the books it often says how Jacob is taller then Edward when Jacob was only 6'2" so I don't really think Edward is even 6 feet tall since it never is specific, it just says he's taller than Bella. But also a lot of women consider height to be more attractive on men, so maybe the guys grew taller when they changed. Also most guys don't want a girl that's taller then them so it would explain Alice's height.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff