14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:17 am
GilAskan
spooky_sez
GilAskan
I've always enjoyed gardening, but it's been a fairly simple enjoyment. I don't use fertilizer, I've never built a greenhouse or any structure to help them grow (save for lattice on which vines can attach), I rarely prune.

I enjoy putting down seeds and letting them grow on their own, giving them only water and some protection from rabbits and the like.

I enjoy growing (in ironic polarity) low-lying and very tall plants, particularly ivies and grasses. I also enjoy growing pumpkins, tomatoes, and some simple flowers.

That sounds fantastic! I'd love to see some photos.

Winter in Michigan... they'll all be covered in snow until April. I'll take pictures when I can.

Yeah, I vaguely thought of that razz Summer here!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:01 am
New flowers!

User Image

User Image  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50

tears_of_blood_452

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:43 pm
I love gardening, but i can't plant anything outside. But owr livingroom window is filled with ivys and cactus and I have a huge aloe vera plant.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:09 pm
tears_of_blood_452
I love gardening, but i can't plant anything outside. But owr livingroom window is filled with ivys and cactus and I have a huge aloe vera plant.

Cool! I love all of those!

We had two aloe vera plants a few years ago. If we got sunburned we'd just cut off one of the plants arms, slice it in half down the centre and rub it on! Then we'd just chuck it in the fridge. I loved those plants. So good for your skin!
xd  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:13 pm
spooky_sez
NekoYasha09er
I love gardening I just wish I had more time for it.

I used to have a mini garden at my old house that had violets, marigolds, some random green bean plants, and a butterfly bush. Sadly when I moved I had to leave them behind but lucky for me the new house already had two huge butterfly bushes and a lot of violets.

My favorite flower would have to be any kind of lily (not because lilly is my middle name like most think) and the oriental lily you posted is so very pretty.

I'd love a butterfly bush! Are they hard to maintain? They don't look too difficult to take care of.

And thankyou! Aren't lilies the best? They're so beautiful!

(My Dad used to call me Lily, still does sometimes, because when I was younger I couldn't say my middle name- Elizabeth- properly and the way I said it kinda sounded like 'Lilybut'.)

They are not that hard to take care off. Just basically plant them and make sure you water them regularly and they bloom. It's just that if you have a deer population you might want to fence it for a little bit. Those darn deer love that bush. But once it blooms they stay away.

Your welcome. Lilies are the best.

(Awe that is such a cute story)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:16 pm
spooky_sez
tears_of_blood_452

We had two aloe vera plants a few years ago. If we got sunburned we'd just cut off one of the plants arms, slice it in half down the centre and rub it on! Then we'd just chuck it in the fridge. I loved those plants. So good for your skin!
xd

(sorry for the double post)

My mom had an aloe vera plant over the summer. She got because my sister had an accident and she put the juice on her wound and it healed up nicely. I miss that plant so much it was so squishy.

NekoYasha09er

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:13 am
NekoYasha09er
spooky_sez
NekoYasha09er

I used to have a mini garden at my old house that had violets, marigolds, some random green bean plants, and a butterfly bush. Sadly when I moved I had to leave them behind but lucky for me the new house already had two huge butterfly bushes and a lot of violets.

My favorite flower would have to be any kind of lily (not because lilly is my middle name like most think) and the oriental lily you posted is so very pretty.

I'd love a butterfly bush! Are they hard to maintain? They don't look too difficult to take care of.

(My Dad used to call me Lily, still does sometimes, because when I was younger I couldn't say my middle name- Elizabeth- properly and the way I said it kinda sounded like 'Lilybut'.)

They are not that hard to take care off. Just basically plant them and make sure you water them regularly and they bloom. It's just that if you have a deer population you might want to fence it for a little bit. Those darn deer love that bush. But once it blooms they stay away.

No deer in Australia! xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:14 am
NekoYasha09er
spooky_sez
tears_of_blood_452

xd

(sorry for the double post)

My mom had an aloe vera plant over the summer. She got because my sister had an accident and she put the juice on her wound and it healed up nicely. I miss that plant so much it was so squishy.

Yeah, I put it on little cuts and grazes too. Aloe fixes all!  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:05 pm
Plants are wonderful. When I was younger, my friend Christie and I named all the trees in my neighborhood and would go around talking to them and hugging them and stuff. I also think flowers are adorable.

I'm just curious here: what kinds of plants would be considered "Gothic Gardening"?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:11 pm
spooky_sez
NekoYasha09er
spooky_sez
NekoYasha09er

No deer in Australia! xd

You are so lucky then. Those blasted deer eat almost everything.
*sniffs* They ate my violets but they hate marigolds which is a good thing.

NekoYasha09er

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:54 pm
Plants are very nice, but they're all covered in snow now, except for the Venus flytrap which is dying. sad It was so cool when it wasn't dead.
My sister has this rose bush which she calls a vampire rose bush, because whenever we kill a rabbit in the summer (I live on a farm) we let it drain over the bush, which really helped it grow alot. Roses love the protien.
I must admit a fondness for the hollyhocks, myself. My mother got a picture of me looking at them with a big straw hat with a black ribbon in it, and it's so pretty with the black flowers. I love photography. I can't look at that picture without thinking, "Goth gardener" now. -^^-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:44 am
NekoYasha09er
spooky_sez
NekoYasha09er
spooky_sez
NekoYasha09er

No deer in Australia! xd

You are so lucky then. Those blasted deer eat almost everything.
*sniffs* They ate my violets but they hate marigolds which is a good thing.

Teehee! That's bad luck. The only things that eat our plants here are goats that get out of people's back yards.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:48 am
The Goth Apple
Plants are very nice, but they're all covered in snow now, except for the Venus flytrap which is dying. sad It was so cool when it wasn't dead.
My sister has this rose bush which she calls a vampire rose bush, because whenever we kill a rabbit in the summer (I live on a farm) we let it drain over the bush, which really helped it grow alot. Roses love the protien.
I must admit a fondness for the hollyhocks, myself. My mother got a picture of me looking at them with a big straw hat with a black ribbon in it, and it's so pretty with the black flowers. I love photography. I can't look at that picture without thinking, "Goth gardener" now. -^^-

That's the most Goth thing I've ever heard. That's ******** awesome.

I'd love to see that photo of you and the hollyhocks! Post it! Post iiiit!
xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:16 am
My father and I used to garden a lot when I was younger, but now I don't have to much time for it. I have a cactus garden which lines both sides of the walkway goining up to the front door and some Angel's Trumpet that I planted on the side of an apartment complex my grandmother owns. Oh! The Living Stones are the first ones of their kind that have grown well in 4 years! biggrin They used to die on me on me all the time, but now I think I have the hang of it..  

Henneth Annun
Captain

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:28 am
spooky_sez
Teehee! That's bad luck. The only things that eat our plants here are goats that get out of people's back yards.

I want goats ;__; Poke them for mee?

I like to garden, but I haven't had a chance to revently. The soil at our house is terrible.
We do have this one random plant that grows in front of our house. It's slightly confused, and grows once it starts getting cold out.
Pretty in pink  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces