Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Does anyone actually like the English dub? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the dubbed English Sailor Moon at all?
  Yes, but only seasons 1 and 2
  Yes, but only seasons 3 and 4
  Yes, all seasons
  Indifferent
  No, but I wouldn't mind a better dubbing
  No, it's terrible
  No because I'm strictly a subtitles kind of person
  No opinion/I haven't seen Sailor Moon yet/I've only read the manga/I've only seen the Japanses version
View Results

FantasyFollower

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:01 pm
Well, since I only remember season 1 - 3 I think, I only saw them in english, so yeah I do like it!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:20 pm

I, for one, support the english dubs!
I grew up watching those!

Some of those voices definitely define how I think of those characters.

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:33 am
Try watching it in Japanese sometime... the subtitles tell almost a completely different, more true-to-the-manga story. Try it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:51 am
I guess I'm old fashion. I like hearing the traditional Japanese voices for the character and just reading the English subtitles. wink
But as for RL experience... I've only heard the English voices seeing as though I live in the States. I hope to be able to own a Sailor Moon series in the future though. smile

sarflove

Friendly Lover

8,600 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Champion 300

mnd12ag0n

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:48 pm
I grew up with Sailor Moon, and back then, I never had a problem with their voices. It wasn't until I watched it again when I was older that I realized how cheesy it all sounds. As of now, I prefer to listen to the Japanese dub and read the subtitles instead.

Alas, I still enjoy listening to the Season 1-2 dubs just because it's very familiar to me. It brings back the kid in me. :3  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:33 pm
I chose indifferent because I grew up watching the dubbed version and I actually liked the acting and most of the men's voices were really cute to listen too whee But after Toonami stopped showing the episodes after the 4th season, I wanted to die xd Ok, well not really, but I was addicted to the show and it was saddening >< But I was happy to find the subbed version in Japanese on YouTube (God bless that site XD) and I loved the voice acting just as much :] Regardless of subbing or dubbing, Sailormoon is just an overall awesome show!! And I wish it would go back into production again :]  

CherryBlossom112

Miss_Mad_Hatter87

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:17 am
when i was little i loved season 1 of sailor moon in the english dub version, but after that i didn't really like it... so im not a huge fan of the english dub at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:23 pm
I grew up loving the English dub. It was amazing to me back then. Now that I have seen the Japanese subs and see how different the story is, I prefer the subs, but the dub still holds a place in my heart. crying  

Dawn_of_the_Ninja

ahrey666

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:04 pm
I used to watch the first season in english when i was a kid. I thought they were terrible cause of the dubbing.
Sailor moon sounds like she has a serious voice breaking moment...

I havn't really watched anything dubbed in english since.
4kids take everything and ruin it...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:29 am
Honestly, I used to like the dub, but that was a long time ago. Ever since I found out about the problems about the dub, I gradually started to dislike the dub.

Now that I am 15, I now really understand the true Sailor Moon (Eng Sub). I its waaay funnier than the Dub, the dub is funny too but it only last for a while.

The dub is terrible, I couldnt stand the script errors in the S and Super S. Dont blame it on the Actors/Actresses for the errors, blame it on the script writers since they're the ones who wrote those errors. xp

I like the Seyu (Voice actors) who did the Japanese, they did sooo well with their character and it totally matches them. They worked really hard and they were well prepared when they did their character. I really looved Ami's japanese voice, it really matched her gentile nature. The dubs were too rushed so the voice actors didn't show much character in them, unlike the japanese.

Overall I prefer the sub 3nodding heart

Sorry about the long writing, Im a bit of a expert on the sub and dub Sailor Moon. sweatdrop

Quote:
I havn't really watched anything dubbed in english since.
4kids take everything and ruin it...

Oh and its not 4Kids that did Sailor Moon, it was DIC did the first and 2nd season only. 4Kids did Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, One Piece etc.  

The Fire Guardian

4,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100

Amara Verdandi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:27 am
To put it nicely I think America has come a long way in the field of anime dubs from the time of Sailor Moon. It's a classic though and I'm fortunate enough to have one of the seasons that has both the subs and the dubs on it. Some voices are okei I'd just like to know why Sailor Pluto sounds younger then Sailor Moon.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:08 pm
When i first watch sailormoon i was in middel school and it was in english, but i dont mind watching it in sud.  

Liite

-Luthien123-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:10 pm
Unfortunately, it's the only Sailor Moon I know..
It was on when I was little, and I don't speak much Japanese any more..
I really love it, but since it was on so long ago, I don't remember which seasons, I saw. I am re-watching them on YouTube. Up to episode 27 in Season One. I live in Aus, so I don't even know if they played the whole thing here. I was really small. Like 4-5 years old..  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:28 am
All the seasons are awsome to watch. There are some episods that are just corny and I really just don't understand. It seems like there is something missing from it.  

Princess Bee-otch

liquidXsugar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:37 pm
i love the dubs.
always have, always will.
:]  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers