Baby bats
  Elistists
  Middle-ground
  Is this s**t still going on?
View Results

Lady Nasia Estelle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:46 pm
spooky_sez
Who cares what music people listen to? Seriously.

(You're not old- I'm 22.)

Dito!!

I mean if you like the music listen to it! I ******** listen to classical! And yet, I'm still called a goth! Stereo types are pointless! Who cares what you are dressed in?! Like me! I make most of my own clothes and they are darker and have chains, and that makes me a goth? -.- Music is my life, I listen and play just about anything....accept rap...unless you count the Gorillaz. But still! it's just ******** music people! They're just clothes! Get over the damned lables and live your life happy!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:02 pm
LordAmunShae
spooky_sez

Dito!!

I mean if you like the music listen to it! I ******** listen to classical! And yet, I'm still called a goth! Stereo types are pointless! Who cares what you are dressed in?! Like me! I make most of my own clothes and they are darker and have chains, and that makes me a goth? -.- Music is my life, I listen and play just about anything....accept rap...unless you count the Gorillaz. But still! it's just ******** music people! They're just clothes! Get over the damned lables and live your life happy!

But the music is the scene, right?

I agree there's no need to be a d**k to people who don't know the Goth scene musically. Its also not cool to claim to be something specific, and then be totally ignorant of what that is. Thus both groups have issues, and thus the need for a middle-ground.  

xStephanx

DioRte

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:58 pm
Well, I don't really claim to be Goth, but I get thrown into the culture anyways. I like a lot of the stuff, but I think a lot of it is sort of ridiculous at the same time. I think I prolly look more like a metalhead now [ignore my 'space pics, they're old], and I like some metal music, but then I get flamed by "true" metalheads for liking different bands than they do. I like some Goth music as well, but a lot of it I find rather distasteful. I'm gonna go with the middle-ground. Elitist is just a fancy term for an a*****e, and baby bat is just a fancy term for a poser ;>>  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:37 pm
xStephanx
LordAmunShae
spooky_sez

Dito!!

But the music is the scene, right?

I agree there's no need to be a d**k to people who don't know the Goth scene musically. Its also not cool to claim to be something specific, and then be totally ignorant of what that is. Thus both groups have issues, and thus the need for a middle-ground.

Mmm I think I know what you're saying xStaphanx. But this is my thought on it.
Gothic music is Goth, naturally, just as metal is only metal head and all other music has their classifications.
But, I'd say just because you're Goth doesn't mean you have to listen to only classified Gothic music. Knowing what it is should be a must, I think. Music is not all there is to it though. Yes the music is the scene but that doesn't mean the people are tied down to some sort of rules.
Goths have enough of the world tying them down to everything they don't want them to be. The Gothic culture shouldn't do the same. If anyone wants to be into heavy metal they can and are still Goth. Just because the type and sound of the music is different doesn't mean they feel for it any different way than you or anyone else feels for their 'Gothic' music. If it is them and what they are comfortable with then I see no problem with any Goth liking metal or anything like that (especially if it reflects their personality).

I think what classifies Goth is state of mind, passions, especially how they act. There are so many different types of Goths that I've met and no matter their differences they still have that Goth in them and they look it and act it.

Now... If they deny that Gothic music isn't Goth and/or claim metal is Gothic then yah I put my foot down and tell them a thing or two. Goth is Goth...but there's no need to not allow anyone to not like anything besides Goth. But yes definitely if some snobby know-nothing obviously isn't Goth in anything of the classification yet claims to be then that's plenty reason to prove them wrong (if they have the brain capacity to learn).

That's just my thought on it, heheh.

I do agree though (people may hate me for this) that someone who is strictly to their Gothic culture is more Goth than the others. They are more into it, they live it, they purely are it. Those who resemble true Goths are the most beautiful examples.
I'm not saying anyone who is also into other things is less of a person, I'm just saying the pure Goths are more Goth than any the others. It's because they are more into what Goth really is than most.
(Yah yah everyone has their thoughts on what Goth is =P Just try to see where I'm coming from)

It's when someone goes way beyond the boundary of Goth that they aren't anymore. Like if they only listen to one type of music or they dress completely off (like gangster *MASSIVE TWITCH*) or are strictly anti-Goth in what they think, say, do, dress, ect.

ShadowLotus

xStephanx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:52 pm
ShadowLotus, I agree. The only real requirement for entry into the Goth culture, for me, is that you like the music. Whatever other music you like is cool also of course, nobody should limit their taste to a single scene or genre.

Still... beyond music, there's ways to get involved in the culture. Like:

-Attending clubs, gigs and festivals
-Dressing Goth (although only when appropriate of course, unless you want to lose your job)
-Being involved through local pub meetings, websites and forums or otherwise involved in the social side of Goth  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:44 pm
xStephanx
ShadowLotus, I agree. The only real requirement for entry into the Goth culture, for me, is that you like the music. Whatever other music you like is cool also of course, nobody should limit their taste to a single scene or genre.

-Dressing Goth (although only when appropriate of course, unless you want to lose your job)
-Being involved through local pub meetings, websites and forums or otherwise involved in the social side of Goth
I agree that all know the music and have a liking for it.

Yah I also think Goths should dress like Goths . . . some people say it doesn't matter, but how can you support your kind if you don't show it? And yes definitely we all should connect with other Goths in some fashion. Without those what's the point? Just claim to be Goths and haven't much to show for it?
Hn...I don't think so.

ShadowLotus

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:51 am
ShadowLotus
xStephanx

I agree that all know the music and have a liking for it.

Yah I also think Goths should dress like Goths . . . some people say it doesn't matter, but how can you support your kind if you don't show it? And yes definitely we all should connect with other Goths in some fashion. Without those what's the point? Just claim to be Goths and haven't much to show for it?
Hn...I don't think so.

Not true, as said, sometimes circumstances just aren't appropriate for dressing like a goth, I've always maintained if you get scorned for dressing like a goth, its your own fault for either over doing it or not thinking what the appropriate situational attire would be.

Besides I claim to be a metaller, but I don't walk around in spikes, jack boots and band shirts all the time whilst throwing the rock horns out at everyone I see, doesn't make me any less of a metaller.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:52 am
ShadowLotus
Hn...I don't think so.

Yeah, that's pretty retarded.
I've been into goth music much longer than anyone else in this guild, and longer than most of you people have been alive, but for the most part, you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at me. I don't dress in all black, or put on a bunch of ridiculous looking makeup. Just the occasional band tshirt now and then.

I know more about goth rock than you ever will, but I guess I don't have much to show for it, and I'm not welcome in your scene because I don't wear the uniform. rolleyes  

Sinister Kung Fu

Sinister Kung Fu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:11 am
Blackrose Kaire
Sinister Kung Fu
ShadowLotus
Hn...I don't think so.

I've been into goth music much longer than anyone else in this guild, and longer than most of you people have been alive, but for the most part, you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at me. I don't dress in all black, or put on a bunch of ridiculous looking makeup. Just the occasional band tshirt now and then.

I know more about goth rock than you ever will, but I guess I don't have much to show for it, and I'm not welcome in your scene because I don't wear the uniform. rolleyes
Just because you don't agree with what one person says,doesn't mean you have to be an a*****e to everyone here,or do you come here only for the sole purpose of being an a*****e? ^_^

And you can go ahead and rant about how you know so much more than me or how much of a "Noob" you think I am",or whatever else you always seem to say to people.

Because frankly I don't give a ******** about what the hell you think of me or how much older you are,and how much more you know than me.So say whatever the hell you want about me because I don't feel the need to prove myself to people like you do apparently.

So I guess it's safe to assume that you're part of the "elitist a*****e" section of the poll.

a) was I talking to you? didn't think so.
b) did I call anyone a noob? didn't think so
c) I wasn't being an "a*****e" to anyone, I was disagreeing with something that someone else said, which was incredibly stupid.
d) When exactly was I an a*****e to "everyone here"?

So what the ******** exactly are you talking about?
How about you pull your head out of your a**, pay attention to what's going on, stop taking everything so ******** personally, and stop being a dumb b***h?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:32 am
Why don't you both stop the argument now instead.
Sinister was a tad more arrogant than necessary when replying to a different opinion and Kaire responded aggressively.

This is just the sort of rubbish that this thread is about.

Tainted Deity

Sinister Kung Fu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:34 am
Blackrose Kaire
Sinister Kung Fu
Blackrose Kaire
Sinister Kung Fu
ShadowLotus
Hn...I don't think so.

Just because you don't agree with what one person says,doesn't mean you have to be an a*****e to everyone here,or do you come here only for the sole purpose of being an a*****e? ^_^

And you can go ahead and rant about how you know so much more than me or how much of a "Noob" you think I am",or whatever else you always seem to say to people.

Because frankly I don't give a ******** about what the hell you think of me or how much older you are,and how much more you know than me.So say whatever the hell you want about me because I don't feel the need to prove myself to people like you do apparently.

a) was I talking to you? didn't think so.
b) did I call anyone a noob? didn't think so
c) I wasn't being an "a*****e" to anyone, I was disagreeing with something that someone else said, which was incredibly stupid.
d) When exactly was I an a*****e to "everyone here"?

So what the ******** exactly are you talking about?
How about you pull your head out of your a**, pay attention to what's going on, stop taking everything so ******** personally, and stop being a dumb b***h?

"was I talking to you? didn't think so."
You may not have been talking to me,but you post in a public place,I have the right to reply,don't want someone replying,take it to a ******** pm.

"I wasn't being an "a*****e" to anyone, I was disagreeing with something that someone else said, which was incredibly stupid."

I think saying "I know more about goth rock than you ever will"
Sounds an awful lot like being an a*****e,how do you know you know so much more than her?You haven't even ******** spoke to her about goth rock have you?

"When exactly was I an a*****e to "everyone here"?

"I've been into goth music much longer than anyone else in this guild"
And just how do you know that?

And I'll being a "Dumb b***h" when you stop being the biggest ******** d**k on gaia,k?

Way to take everything I said completely wrong.
If you're going to continue being a dumb b***h, why don't you be a dumb b***h to the person who actually deserves it? (that being the person I originally responded to, since you're obviously too ******** stupid to realize I wasn't talking to you). You're not mentally stable, are you? Did you forget to take your medicine today, or are you always this much of a ******** psycho?

Blackrose Kaire
"was I talking to you? didn't think so."
You may not have been talking to me,but you post in a public place,I have the right to reply,don't want someone replying,take it to a ******** pm.

I don't care if other people reply. How about not flying off the handle for no ******** reason when you do reply though?

Blackrose Kaire
"I've been into goth music much longer than anyone else in this guild"
And just how do you know that?

Because it's a fact. I wasn't bragging, I was stating the truth.

Blackrose Kaire
I think saying "I know more about goth rock than you ever will"
Sounds an awful lot like being an a*****e,how do you know you know so much more than her?You haven't even ******** spoke to her about goth rock have you?

I can read. I've seen her posts. I'm not the one who thinks you have to wear some sort of ridiculous uniform to be able to call yourself a goth.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:35 am
Tainted Deity
Why don't you both stop the argument now instead.
Sinister was a tad more arrogant than necessary when replying to a different opinion and Kaire responded aggressively.

This is just the sort of rubbish that this thread is about.

I didn't intend to come off as arrogant. I was just stating facts, in response to an incredibly ignorant statement which I took offense to.  

Sinister Kung Fu

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces