Reply [IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]
[PRP] Look what I brought! [Kimanda/Yatima/Kitambi] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Storei

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:26 pm
"Oh, stay with us awhile," Yatima added to Kitambi's insistence to stay, she pawed the ground softly. Why was he offering to go visit other members of the pride? She was his guest was she not? Honestly, Yatima didn't know and despite the humble offerings made by the duo, the cheetah felt out of place. It was probably because she never really ever stayed in one place. Social gatherings weren't really her thing, although she liked to perform. However, wanderlust had his claws buried firmly into her and she made no move to resist him. She had to keep moving until she found her calling. So, after this dancing lesson, Yatima secretly planned to get blown away by the wind.

"Alright, I'm ready to learn," Yatima told Kitambi, hopping slightly from foot to foot with eagerness.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:51 am

"Okay!" Kimanda chirped, settling himself back down. Honestly, Kimanda did not even consider Yatima his guest. She was his friend, so he figured she was welcome here, especially because she wanted to learn. He just imagined his antics might have gotten a little annoying by now, and perhaps he should go bother other people for a while. After all, Yatima was here to learn, and the spotless cheetah was not being very conducive towards that goal. (He was, in fact, not a very conducive thing in general, unless one wanted to loaf off.)

Kimanda flicked an ear and gazed over at Kitambi. "You sure you want me to show her my stuff? I might intimidate her," he purred. Oh, Kimanda, always full of garbage. But he wasn't afraid to show off, no sir. He had been practicing, practicing, practicing and had no fear of Kitambi's judgment. (But then, did he ever?) Kimanda purred happily and swished his tail.

soutou

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:19 pm
Kitambi snorted softly. Oh Kimanda. How your ego has grown in the short time since you left the Nchi'mahadhi lands. The young female would have loved to knock him down a few pegs, but she decided it was rude to do so in front of this lovely female cheetah. Besides, forcing him to be a teacher would be a good lesson to him. One about humility and understanding that she believed he needed. "You are her teacher now, not her rival in a dance contest. If you intimidate her then you won't make a very good teacher."

It was nice to know that Kimanda was so willing though. Kitambi could deal with friends of her mother's, but this cheetah was a little different. Yatima did not come here to show off, she came here to learn. Thus, the heir had to take a different approach to the whole teaching process. Hopefully Kimanda would be able to keep up the standards she had set. "Alright then. You start whenever you feel comfortable." With that she began tapping her feet against the ground in an easy ta-tata-ta-tata rhythm. Let's see you dance Kimanda.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:05 pm
The beat of Kitambi's paws paddled against the ground, kicking up the stout grass into a dancing fury. She would have to learn to dance, just like that grass, Yatima thought. her ears flickered forward, determined to listen to each and every possible sound created by her paws. Sure, she felt comfortable, Yatima pondered, but was she just about ready to start dancing?

Well, standing still wouldn't do much, she supposed.

With the gentle bob of her head, she drank the rhythm in. It would take a couple swallowed before she managed to get the song down her throat into her heart. And after a few more moments, Yatima began to shift her shoulders. She had always moved to her own songs when she was singing by herself. The melody moved slowly until it had her tail swishing from side to side.

Was this how dancing was born?

Yatima moved softly and more the time passed by.

Storei

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:18 pm
Oooh, this cheetah was a natural.

Kitambi nodded appraisingly, turning her attention away from Kimanda in favour of Yatima. She seemed to be trying very hard to focus on her Rhythm, and she looked like she was finding it too. Perhaps singing before dancing was another good idea. The young female had only ever considered drum beats and jewellery making to be before dancing. She should look into what effect singing had on a feline's Rhythm.

"Looks good. You can move your feet though. Start side to side, and then let the Rhythm guide them too." The movement of her tail was a good start. This cheetah had some serious potential for being a good dancer. Yatima might even surpass her first pupil. Just don't tell Kimanda that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:25 pm
"Sure...Side to side," Yatima muttered in an echoing response. Her feet moved accordingly, and she constantly glanced up to Kitambi with a questioning gleam in her eye. She had to make sure she was doing the right thing. there would be no point in learning it wrong. But could one really learn how to dance wrong? Was there a wrong way to dance?

Yatima didn't think there was one.

"How's this?" Yatima asked, giving a little step that incorporated the downbeats of the rhythm. So far it was going well for Yatima. she really enjoyed this slow beat taking over her body, giving her boundaries in which to move in.

This would be the perfect thing to add with song.

Storei

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:32 pm
Oooh, that was very nice.

Kitambi nodded her head, still beating out a rhythm with her feet. Yes, Yatima was quite a natural at this dancing thing. "Looks very nice. You can be as free as you want with dancing. There's no limits or boundaries. Just do whatever comes naturally." The young lioness allowed the dance to go out for several minutes longer, before decided that it was time to call it quits. Yatima obviously had the basics down, so this lesson was practically over. They could do drumming tomorrow, and then maybe make her an honorary necklace. Yes, that sounded good.

"Well, that's probably good enough for a starter lesson. Don't want you to get too tired, plus it's good to practice on your own, or with Kimanda," Kitambi nodded to the mentioned cheetah, hoping that he would practice with Yatima. The female cheetah really had something good going for her with this whole dancing thing. She should ask Yatima to help her with her singing. It seemed like a fair trade-off to Kitambi. "Tomorrow, we'll get you on a drum, and see if that'll enhance the experience anymore. Dancing's about being one with your Rhythm, so finding your Rhythm is important."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:52 pm
Stopping, Yatima tried to catch her breath. It was surprising, but somehow she had gotten more tired than she thought she would. She had originally deemed that because she was a cheetah, this dancing wouldn't take too much of a toll on her weariness, but somehow it did. Perhaps it was because they had been walking all day. Settling down, Yatima gave a Cheshire grin to Kitambi, "Alright, I like it! Thank you Kitambi, I think I've found a rhythm. Or I'm beginning to find it. You know what can I offer you in return?"  

Storei

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:39 am
Kitambi offered Yatima a small upward flick of the corners of her mouth, her own version of a small. The normally stone-faced cub found that she liked this energetic and willing cheetah. Thus, it would do none of them any harm for her to show a little gratitude for her participation. Smiling was coming a lot easier for the young heir. She blamed it all on Kimanda and his antics, though there were probably other reasons. Her sister being around anymore was probably one of them, but Kitambi refused to think about Waseme. Waseme had to do what she had to do.

"I am glad you are on your way to finding your Rhythm. Faster than your friend over here." The young lioness flashed Kimanda an amused look, before turning her attention back to Yatima. "What you can do? Well..... ", Kitambi paused, tilting her head, before replying, "I would be very grateful if you could teach me a few songs."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:57 am
Yatima nodded her head, her ears flicking high with contentment, "Teach you some songs? That would be an honor and the least that I can do in return for your teaching."

Teaching songs? She had never done that before, but she was sure that it wouldn't be too hard. Not only that, but it would be a way to spread her songs. A play at becoming well known. It would mean that she would have to stay here a little longer. That was alright for Yatima, just as long as she learned.

Besides it was nice here.

Storei

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm
So she would teach her songs? Excellent. That was the one thing that Kitambi struggled with, and it would be nice for Yatima to teach her. The cheetah had, after all, a singing background not a drumming and dancing background. Thus, she must be every good at it. After all, the young lioness had lived here her whole life, and look how well she understood her pride's cultures. It was all about where you grew up and what you were exposed to.

"That would be very nice. I'll leave Kimanda to show you around for a bit, and we'll meet again later. Perhaps we can get you a bit of jewellery so you won't feel left out."

With another of the smallest smiles, Kitambi turned and headed out towards Lake Victoria. She should start collecting shells in advance. You could never be too prepared.

~ Fin

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces