[PRP] Drum making 101: Finished! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:22 am
"Very good, Mawi! You're a natural!" Isithunzi said sincerely, pride growing in her chest. "I'm pretty sure you can figure out the rest, can't you? Take a guess, what do you do with the rest of the pieces?" She was more than sure Mawi could put the rest together without her, but Isi stayed put anyway. Besides, who would want to miss this moment? She awaited her daughter's answer. "If you know what to do, set to it, I'll tell you if you're wrong." Isi tacked onto the end. She liked having others guess what was next to do.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:55 pm
Mawi looked up with a large grin and slowly pulled the skin over the gourd and put in the claws in the holes as she did. She then sat back for a moment proud. She tapped the trum a bit with her paw and a nice sound came out. "Now... how am I supposed to put the decorations on mommy?" She asked confused of how to stick them on their. She looked at it with a puzzled look, already knowing what she wanted to put on but how to stick it on.. hmmm.  

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:32 pm
Isi had a feeling that that question would be coming. "Well, it's quite easy, really, though you have to be careful to check your decorations often. There are two ways of doing it. You can make a groove for whatever you want to decorate on there and then stick it on, or just stick it on. Obviously," Isi said before laying down to investigate the drum a little better, "Putting them in a groove makes them last longer. There's an area where there's really sticky dirt, if you get it wet, it's really sticky. We use that," Isi said, turning her gaze from the drum, to her daughter and back to the drum for one last check. Everything seemed to be in place- the teeth were secure, the drumhead was tight, but not so tight that it'd snap... It looked like Isi herself had made it!

"I'm proud of you, Mawi! This is a very nice drum, good job," Isithunzi said, returning her pink gaze to her tan-and-red daughter before giving her a quick hug and a lick. "So, what've you got in mind for decorations?" Isi asked, rising to her feet.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:12 pm
Mawi smiled proud at her mothers comment and before she even got up she started with her claw putting groves into the side of the drum that the beads would fit in. "Flowers!" She giggled as she followed at her mother happily. She smiled at the lick and stood up proud holding on to the drum careful not to break it.  

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:27 pm
"Now, just so you know. If it ever breaks, all you have to do is go make a kill. From that kill, take teeth or hoof splinters, or claws, whatever is sharp and a good section of skin and you can repair your drum. That way, it can last a lifetime!" Isithunzi said. After all, someone didn't really know how to make a drum unless they knew how to sustain it.

"Flowers would be cool. You planning on using actual flowers, or a flower pattern?" Isithunzi asked to make conversation while her daughter worked out the design for her decorations, tail flicking happily behind her. If her daughter was planning normal flowers, she could go south to their alliance pride, they had lots of flowers, though Isi knew they had special meaning to them. She wasn't sure if it'd be allowed... But she was sure it would be worth a shot asking, if she planned on using a real one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:41 pm
Mawi smiled happily. "That sounds easy." She grinned and finished carving a design in her drum. "Bead flowers." She grinned and puffed out her chest and held it up to her her mother showing the carvings she put into the side of the drum.

"Now." She was quite proud at the moment as she took some thick mud and put a bit on a bead before sliding it into its place, knowing the mud would harden. "See!" She said as she placed the last one in proudly.

"Like it?"

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:49 am
"I love it. Very nicely done, Mawi!" Isithunzi said happily. "Now you can play rhythms wherever you want! And not just on a rock or a log or the ground!" That was what Isithunzi had liked most, she had a real drum with her wherever she went, whenever she wanted a song, she could have it. "We'll attach a strap of leather to it tomorrow so you can carry it around your neck for your journey, I'm out of leather." Isithunzi said with a sheepish grin. "I'll go hunting tonight, we'll have leather again by tomorrow." She said with a nod.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:55 am
"Okay mama!" She leaned over and nuzzled her mother and picked up the drum gently in her mouth trying not to mess it up and she ran off to play with it a bit. Oh she was proud of her self right nor more than ever.  

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas