human?
View Results

ImpliedComplications

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:48 pm
Brigitte watched the wolf motionlessly. Her hand lay on the hilt of her katana. She knew that there was something different about this wolf, yet she could not put her finger on it. A shapeshifter, perhaps? She could feel that something big was about to happen, and waited in silence to see the next move that would be made.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:51 am
"Morning dearie." Lily had finally stumbled down the stairs to the inviting smells of Robins kitchen. "Morning mom." Slowly working her way over to the stove, Lily pulled down a cup and a jar full of brown powder. Robin laughed; Lily wasn't awake until she got her morning cup of coco. Turning back to the counter, Robin started to shred a small block of cheese from one of their three cows. "Lily, after you have your coco, woudl you mind asking our guest what he wants in his omelet? He's in the second spare, the one with the red chair in the corner."
(Horray! Life begins to bloom!)  

squeakers_13

5,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ImpliedComplications

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:01 am
She gave up on watching the wolf as the first signs of sunlight began to appear over the horizon. She picked up her black umbrella that she had set at her side and began to wander about. In her wandering, she stumbled across a building that somewhat resembled an inn. I suppose going in there is better than risking sunlight. She cautiously opened the door and took a step inside. "Hello," she called, "Is there anyone here?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:54 pm
Yawning the last bit of sleepiness form her system, Lily ran her fingers through her short brown hair as she walked down to their occupants room. Knocking politely, she wasn't surprised when there was a groan, and then the sound of footsteps headed for the door. With a slight creak, the building was old, the door opened a bit, just enough for Lily to see that their guest was a male, with long black hair pulled into a ponytail. He had a kind face, but the scars on his face and hands indicated that he had had his share of battles. All this was taken in my Lily in the blink of one eye,and then pondered for a blink more, he reminded her of someone. "Good morning sir, my mother asks what you would like on your morning omelet." After a short pause in which he seemed to be trying to wake up, he sighed, "Well since I'm up now, I guess I'll have cheese, meat, and, you know what, I really don't care. Just, please have some coffee with it." "Of course sir, woudl you like it in the dining room, or should I bring it back to your room?" "I'll come out. I need an incentive to wake up and move." With a polite nod, Lily turned and returned to the kitchen. "He said to just put whatever you wanted on it. All her really wanted was some coffee with it." The edge of Robin mouth turned up in a smile. "Just like Telerman." Lilys eyes snapped over to her mother, "But it's not just that, I saw it before, but I couldn't quite place him, but I'm sure, he looks just like father!" Robins smile bloomed into a huge grin. "Of course, he's your half brother."
Lily froze; a brother? Half, but still, brother?! She opened her mouth to speak, when they heard a voice from the front door. "I'll get it. Lily, please look after the omelet." With that, Robin swept out of the room, leaving her daughter speechless behind her. "Hello there." A girl with white hair and red eyes stood in the doorway. "Welcome. Can I help you with anything?"  

squeakers_13

5,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ImpliedComplications

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:03 pm
She smiles politely and says in a gentle voice, "Hello. My name is Brigitte Larocque. I was curious as to whether or not you would be so kind as to give me shelter until nightfall? I would pay for my short stay here, of course." Despite the fact that her voice was calm, she could sense tention in another area of the inn. She pondered the feeling and put in, "If my time of arrival is an inconvinience, I can leave." As she said this she glanced past the dark haired woman and looked to another room. I believe that is where this feeling is coming from...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:48 am
Robin smiled, a guest, that was good. She had worried for a moment that it was another tigber trying to find dinner. (Hey, why not have some large carnivorous beast called a tigber?) "Of course it is not inconvenient. And even if it were, we would make things work." Her eyes softened. "We never turn anyone away." A small glint entered her eyes. "Except the tigbers, but they would eat us." In the other room, Lilys quiet, shy, little exterior was quickly being replaced with an alternate self. "Mother!" She stamped her foot and all the herbs in the kitchen withered and died. Her connection to the earth was strongest when she was angry or anoyed, unlike Robin, who was closest in her calm. Still, even though a different persona of Lily had taken over, the old Lily remained enough to drive her out of the kitchen so couldn't do as much harm. "You could have at least told me before I saw him! I can't believe that you-" "Lilanya Walker, look after your namesake." Lily swayed, as if about to faint, then blinked and straightened. "Was it her again?" "Yes dear, but I meant the key this time, go care for the garden, that'll help you sort your mind." Robin turned back to their new guest. "Would you like something for breakfast?"  

squeakers_13

5,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ImpliedComplications

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:25 pm
A look of nervousness took over Brigitte's face, and she shook her head vigorously, "Oh no! That won't be necessary..." She looked down at the floor. Perhaps I should just tell them about my... erm... peculiarity. But will they turn me away? She returned her eyes to the kind woman standing infront of her and spoke in a quiet voice, "You see... I don't require food... or sleep..." Her voice slowly raised itself to a normal volume, "I just require shade and..." A worried look fell upon her face, "Blood." She placed a hand on her black umbrella and prepared to be pushed out into the sun. She also, of course prepared herself to have a stake or a bottle of holy water to be thrown at her. She looked up, ready for the worst.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:22 am
"Oh, you're a vampire. Why didn't you say so before? Come inside away from the sun." Robin smiled; it had been a while since she had a vampire stay. She turned and began to ponder which room to room the girl in. Then she stopped. "Ah, I nearly forgot to ask, are you a purist, or not? Ah, pardon me for being unclear, do you require human blood, or does animal suffice?" It was no problem ether way, but the poor vampire looked as if she expected to be exorcised any minute.  

squeakers_13

5,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ImpliedComplications

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:35 am
Her previous feeling of nervousness melted off as she spoke, "Most of the time I feed off of the blood of animals. Sometimes, however, I find myself in a city and have to feed off the blood of humans. Don't worry, though! I would never prey on the innocent." She gave the woman a kind smile as she stepped into the shelter of the inn. Her eyes wandered to a nearby window where she could see the young girl from before tending to the plants in the garden. "Your... daughter? She seems quite in tune with mother earth. May I ask if you are of Elven origin... uh... I'm sorry, I don't believe I got your name." Her kind eyes drifted back to the window. She was quite fond of Elves. They had been quite kind to her in the past, despite her unending need for fresh blood.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:52 pm
"Of course." Robin was glad that the vampire was feeling more comfortable. She hated to be around tense people. "My name is Robin, and yes I do carry the blood of elves. That is Lily, my daughter," A small smile played across her lips. "She carries far more elf blood than I, and, as such, is much more in tune with her surroundings than I." Her smile grew. "Would you like some fresh blood? We bleed all the animals we eat here for the instance of a vampire staying with us. Ah, that does remind me; what woudl your name be?"
(Hmm, Robin is turning out to be a lot more like my old Lilanya. She was someone that I played for a local Renaissance fair, and I've noticed that Robin seems to be taking after Lilanya's speech patterns. Hehe, if you've ever been in a ren fair before, you know what I mean. If not, then I've just sort of been babbling.)  

squeakers_13

5,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ImpliedComplications

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:02 am
She smiled at the woman's kindness, "Yes, blood would be great. My name is Brigitte." Before she could say more, the roar of a tigber ((YAY! I wanted to meet a tigber!)) was heared outside. She looked at Robin and smirked, "It would appear that you have some... unwanted company. Perhaps you won't have to use your storage of animal blood today." She Raised her black umbrella that she had been using as a walking stick, but did not move, "Unless, of course, you would like me to stay put," her face grew serene, "I take no offense to those that keep peace." She stood in front of Robin, waiting to hear what she had to say.

((Yeah, I know what you're talking about with the Ren Fair. Hehe. I haven't been in one, but I have been to one. And of course, there's always my cosplaying. My cosplay characters sometime pick up my speach patterns...))  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:18 am
"Thank you for your offer of assistance, but I believe that Lily already has everything under control." Robin smiled, Brigitte seemed to be quite nice, if a bit skiddish around the edges. Outside, Lily was carefully watering the herb garden when she noticed that the animals had stopped speaking. Normally when she was out gardening, the animals woudl speak to her so much that she could hardly pick out a single voice to listen to. But right now, it was silent. Not even a breeze stirred the forest. That meant one of two, no, three things. One, a sfere, but if that were true then she'd already be dead. Two, a tigber, no problem. Or three, some other foul creature that didn't even have a name because it left no witnesses. The birds had told of of beings like that. However, she was still alive, so that meant it was just a "Tigber." She stood up, and dusted the dirt off her knees. "You'd best leave now, or I'll have to hurt you." The giant cat growled its answer in a way that Lily could have understood even if she couldn't speak to animals. With a sigh, Lily placed her hands on the raw earth at her feet as the tigber started to pounce. Immediately, slabs of rock shot up into the air to form a large cage. Nearby trees shifted their branches to form a roof. "Mother?" She called over her shoulder, "Did you want to get a bit of fresh blood while it's here?"
(You really aught to try joining one. They're really fun. I would suggest being an alchemist, since you get to make things go boom.)  

squeakers_13

5,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ImpliedComplications

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:30 am
At the sound of "fresh blood," Brigitte had to fight hard not to switch to her hunting mode. Although she didn't plan on making a move to kill, her hand moved to the hilt of her katana. She gazed at the young girl outside and prepared to pounce should anything go wrong. She looked over to Robin, "She's quite brave, your daughter. Quite an admirable trait." She laughed a bit, "Indeed, true Elven blood runs through her veins." She continued to gaze out of the window. She could hear the great heartbeat of the caged animal. She almost felt sorry for it. She knew what it felt like to be caged for all the world to see. She soon reminded herself, however, that those who had intentions to hurt others deserved such imprisonment. Her eyes stared coldly at the creature, as if trying to read its mind. It's heartbeat quickened, and she could tell that the realization of its near future had finally dawned upon it.

((Hehe... boom.))  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:47 am
Robin frowned, "I believe that you have the wrong idea. We're not about to kill it." Lily squatted down and started to make soft purrs and throaty growls to the captive tigber. As she kept on, the tigber calmed and began to make similar noises back to Lily. After a minute, she stood back up and faced Robin. "It's ok. He's agreed." She ran into the inn and back into the kitchen. Almost immediately she was back with a large glass bottle. "Shh." A few purrs later she drew out a small short plain dagger. "Growl?" "Grrrr." The tigber stuck out a paw as Lily made a long shallow cut along it's leg. The tigber lifted it's leg and a thin steam of blood ran off one of it's claws into the bottle that Lily held. After the bottle was filled, the tigber drew it's leg back and started to lick the cut. Lily's eyes glowed with happiness as she placed her hands on the earth next to the giant earth cage and drew on her connection to the earth. With a sigh, the cage sank back down into the ground and the trees retreated back to their original positions. The tigber slowly stood up and padded away into the forest as Lily watched. After watching him disappear into the woods, Lily turned around and walked over to her mother and their guest. "Here you go."  

squeakers_13

5,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ImpliedComplications

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:01 am
Brigitte remained silent for a moment, stunned by what she had just seen. After recovering from the small amount of shock, she looked at the girl, "You're indeed a truely talented young woman. I haven't seen anybody brave or skilled enough to do that since I was able to see some of the Elven nobility," she laughed, "and believe me, that was a very long time ago!" Her facial expression became a bit sadder as she turned to Robin, "I'm sorry. Please forgive my earlier course of action. You see, I haven't had the best luck with tigbers in my travels and haven't grown very fond of them. To be honest, I don't normally jump to the conclusion of killing that quickly, it's just that large, furry, carnivorous animals and I just don't seem to get along." She rubbed the back of her neck and chuckled a little, hoping that Robin would understand. She turned, once again, back to Lily and looked from the container of blood to her again. She let out a nervouse laugh and, not wanting to look like a ravenous beast, kept her hands at her sides as she asked, "May I?"  
13: Rp Forest

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff