Welcome to Gaia! ::

Daft Robots of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Daft Punk, Transformers, Gundam, you name it! It's a guild for robots. 

Tags: Daft Punk, Transformers, Gundam, Techno, even Gir 

Reply .:Fan's Community Room:.
Your first experience with Daft Punk. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mushywaffles
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:38 pm
Kayjiomari

Anyway I think I was like 6 or something and I saw the video for One More Time on Toonami.

inorite.

I love Toonami for that very same reason. Kickarse anime block that they were.  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:53 pm
It was 2001. I was at my cousins house and we were watching Mun2 (some Spanish/English network). Music videos would come up and there i first saw "One more time" I fell in love it with and for some reason i knew the lyrics since the beginning of the song. However i didn't catch the name of the artist and therefor didn't know who they were.

Then in 2003 my cousin found the video while watching some tv show and i was like "OMG!".

The End.
[Edit: Twas Cartoon Network blaugh ]  

TknoSxMnky

X3LA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:53 pm
lol I used to think the music video was from Yu-Yu Hakasho at one time because I didn't know of any other anime that came on Toonami at the time. But now I know its I5555 mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:33 pm
My first experience was when I was around 11,and one late night I saw a video clip from Interstellar 5555 on Toonami,and I heard the song Digital love for the first time and loved it.But I never knew who made it or what it was called until I looked up some of the lyrics I could recall on Google and found out that it was Daft Punk.And Ive been listening ever since.  

Darkelf Moonlightqueen

Empress Raven Vulcana

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:16 am
Guy-damour
My first experience with DP was a LOOONG time ago, back when Yu Yu Hakusho was on Cartoon Network at night.

Anyway I think I was like 6 or something and I saw the video for One More Time on Toonami. A few years later I was on a quest to find the song because I had forgotten about it. Then when I finally found it I fell in love with it! I still was into Alternative music and stuff at the time though. Then after seeing all of Interstella 5555 I became a near full Daft Punk Fan...

And thats meh today mrgreen !

T__T
I did not know of this amazing Toonami.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:45 pm
My friends
We all talk about our hatred for Kanye West.
but I tell you.
He cannot be all bad. He is why I know of the best band in existance.

It was a dark and stormy night.
Ok well it was dark. My brother was driving me home from tennis practice. He liked to drive fast in his pickup and blare rap. And he was white.
But when he played Stronger, I perked up. Something caught my attention. Not the a*****e rapping. But the background music.

The next day I searched Stronger on Zune. Since the album was 18+ and I had a block on my Zune Pass, I kept looking. I saw a song called Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. I listened. I loved. I bought XD

Then a few months later my friend and I were on a bus. I kept bugging him to listen to Daft Punk. He finally did. At first he was not pleased. But I was persistant and he finally caught on. He was hooked.

Then his mom listened to a few tracks. Before long his dad caught on too.

Then, the kind parents got their friends hooked. They asked "where were these guys when we were kids?" I responded, "In a parking lot making magic for the public."

Now, my friend and I have a special friendship. We built Daft Punk helmets. We worship them together. And he even bought me one of the five-hundred Daft Punk LA Colloseum Posters for no apparent reason.

Thank you for listening biggrin  

Funky Rave Munky

Shimayuni

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:17 pm
i first found out about daft punk from well who else Cartoon Network! yep saw all of interstella 5555 and loved it but that was back around when i was 5 so before i didn't appreciate it as much as i do now mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:25 pm
I dont actually remember how I got into them all I remember is that I liked there music so much that I had to buy the discovery album and the Interstella 5555 DVD, I think I got caught somehow by the song "Aerodynamic".  

chimera tamer

5,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:21 am
User Image

For a long time I knew about Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger and saw One More Time on Nickelodeon but never thought much of them. Then some time ago (possibly 1-2 years) my brother played Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger on his computer. I downloaded the song and all in 1 day I became a Daft Punk fan and discovered techno was my favorite music. My only regret is not listening to them at least 5 years sooner. Oh yeah I remember Toonami. Back when that robot guy was short. What was his name?

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:42 pm
i saw the first part of interstella 5555, only the clip showed just "one more time". being 11 i didn't know who they were but i knew i had fell in love with that awesome daft funk.  

daftpunk fanboy

Tigera117

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:01 pm
I had heard One More Time a long time ago and loved it, but had totally forgotten about it because I didn't know the name of the song or who it was by. Then one day my buddy who knows i'm a techno freak says hey check these guys out, I did and discovered that song again and many others, now i'm a huge Daft Punk fan  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:02 pm
Toonami biggrin  

Stardustee

Daft Audio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:08 pm
User Image
I learned about them with their first album,Homework.
Ever since then,I couldn't stop listening to them. surprised

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:47 pm
Umm...
When I was about 8 I was screwing around with my radio and I found One More Time by Daft Punk. I loved the song when I first heard it. And That started my Immense liking for them. =]

mydnyteeeshadow40894

Gabeeno the Gay Jew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:16 pm
When I first discovered Youtube, I remebered blue guys on Cartoonetwork
and all i remembered is the phrase "one more time" typed it in and bam there they were

I thought either the Smurfs or Osmosis jones sang it or something.  
.:Fan's Community Room:.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff