Welcome to Gaia! ::

History Huggers

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who do want to live in the past! 

Tags: history, historical 

Reply Main Forum
the history of extraterrestrials Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you want to beleive?
  yes!
  no!
  i beleive in life elsewhere but i dont beleive theyre advanced enough for space travel
  i beleive there are scientific explanations for all UFO occurances that dissprove extraterrestrials
View Results

shirofoxes
Captain

Business Gekko

3,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:54 pm
Doctor_Orc
They could be planning mass genocide for, and this is a funny thing, religious reasons; our existence would defy their way of living… hahaha!

LOL! We should get together and make our own sci-fi movie about that. Stun the masses. *dies*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:20 am
User Imagesome days, some nights some live, some die in the way of the samuraiUser Image

ok i see the train of thought that there is life out there but none intelligent enough to travel to us and such but belief in life

the way i see it is if there is life out there that can reach us i.e. aliens, ufo, and such
then it would prove that God is real it would prove creationism because it would defy science and it would defy all chances that life was created by accident for 2 species from across the universe to develop advanced thought and technology.

so if we ever do find alien life it means we were forged from the image of a superior being whether it be god or what have you.

User Imagesome fight, some bleed sun up to sun down the sons of a battlecryUser Image

Yukimura D Sanada

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:20 pm
some catholics would get mad  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:25 pm
User Imagesome days, some nights some live, some die in the way of the samuraiUser Image

mad about what proof of aliens?

User Imagesome fight, some bleed sun up to sun down the sons of a battlecryUser Image

Yukimura D Sanada

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:22 pm
that their beleif would b challenged  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:20 pm
This is an interesting topic...the whole craze began in the 70's but there have been reports before that, even from Thomas Jefferson - who reported on in his yard. I'm not sure that's reliable, but it was on the Discovery Channel. xd

You have to also take into account what human ingenuity can accomplish. If we can create supercomputers, skyscrapers, etc, can we not create the pyramids? Does technology really need to be that advanced in order to create a pyramid shape. With the right calculations, enough labor, resources, they could easliy be built over the course of several hunred years.

Aliens visiting us isn't all that unlikely...because if we can create machines that travel to the moon, why can they not create ones that can travel to our planet? It's not impossible, because there is very little that is impossible.

"Some Catholics might get mad"
Christians would probably think it is the Apocalypse.
Or they would accept Aliens as God's creations as well.  

Skizio
Crew

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:24 pm
true  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:01 pm
Aliens are always a nice topic. Besides the concept of “intelligence” there’s also the potential of imagining the actual meeting of two different species.
Some speculate that the contact would generate absolute fear and panic on both parties.

Also, there’s a weird thing. SciFi has instill a lot of crazy ideas and preconceptions on aliens. Most of the “human” looking aliens are human looking because of low tech special effects. Also there’s the “English speaking”. But worst of all, aliens are usually shown having a single language and a single culture.

But after a contact, the reaction of the masses of the new reality that we are not alone would generate chaos. Our life’s are, in the big picture, meaningless, useless and pointless. We live a bit and then die, only to be forgotten. After a couple of days after we die, it’s like we’ve never been alive to start, and since our brain is also dead, we forget everything too, so death is an annulment of existence. So, to deny this simple idea (which might be wrong, but finds fertile soil in weaken minds) most people try to create a series of “myths” that give meaning to life and that keeps them going. Others join already existing groups that find solace in things like “blessed be the meek” or “blessed be the sufferers” and so on.
Organized religion is a way of giving meaning to Chaos, organizing it, making Order.
The concept that earth was round made a dent on the “special” status of being human. The same for the concept that earth turns around the sun. And again with evolution. I speak of concepts here, theories, but still, the strength of the reactions people have when faced with them only shows how much emotional investment there is around this.
And then, aliens would be a sort of final blow.
Of course a couple of groups with different “cope strategies” would arise. Some would be Ok with it. Others would just use the grey areas of their beliefs to fit aliens in there. Others would probably call them spawns of Satan, etc… there would be social turmoil.
Probably also in the alien world razz  

Doctor_Orc

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:26 pm
true  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:38 am
I still have to put it as a maybe, too many sketchy things.....  

LightMousy
Crew

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:39 pm
like what  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:38 pm
Although planets are different in how they begun at the same time couldn't there be a planet out there that started out as earth but went a different way. For example, if mammals had not become the dominant species and bugs would evolutionize? or they never would have evolved into land species? Other planets could offer our "what if...?" questions.
UFO's is a piece of garbage, if these species were smart enough to create a havering space craft, wouldn't they be smart enough to "kidnap" or "show themselves to" people of more prominence? Individuals whose opinions would be believed, unless there messing with our minds, in which case the aliens sound more like high school pranksters rather than intelligent life.
However i do believe in intelligent life out there. Earth is a relatively young planet, however
Quote:
Also, there’s a weird thing. SciFi has instill a lot of crazy ideas and preconceptions on aliens. Most of the “human” looking aliens are human looking because of low tech special effects. Also there’s the “English speaking”. But worst of all, aliens are usually shown having a single language and a single culture.

i completely agree, the "human-looking aliens were designed so as to not only save money, but also to somewhat relate the life to the audience. So that they can be more amazed with a foreign race somewhat like us, rather than totally different, so that the more naive members don't have to wrap their minds around something so different.
I believe the pyramids were man-made though, the human race has had some exceptional figures among their ranks.
I think it's right that there intelligent because they DON'T COME to see us. I had never thought of it like that, but truly if i had the choice, i would not get to know us.  

WeHappyFew

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:10 pm
we should even b the dominate species  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:33 pm
the universe holds many secrets, i believe that there are aliens and just by mathematical Numbers the possibilities of them being what we call smart or intelligent are high, such creatures are or should be extremely different and probably have a culture to mach there physical differences with us, what we see as wright and wrong could be different for them. if aliens are smart of at a higher lever of thought process that does not mean that they are better or less aggressive then we are for i believe that intelligence comes with the curse of violence and amongst other things war, there is a great possibility that intelligent aliens are just as evil as we are. if aliens are smart enough to come here we are nothing more to them then monkeys are to us, meaning that we are but research animals to them, they could be studying how a culture evolves or adapts, or they could be studying something else of that we won't know in this life time. sorry for any errors in my writing and if I'm to frank with my writing please tell me and I'll stop anything that offends anyone, and if i have offended anyone i apologise.  

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:49 am
it's alright it's a debate ur suppose 2 offend others (moraly)
and nice statemate  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces