Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
We need FEAR! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

paleHorse91

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:37 am
fear  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:38 am
We should carry out that battle tower idea. Five of the best people take challenges, and if you beat that trainer you take his spot in the battle tower.

We record how many battles each person was able to win at each spot to make it more competative. xp  

Jonnnn

Pretendo13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:44 am
That would be easy to do.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:01 am
I'm with Jonnnn on the Battle Tower.

And luck can decide a match, it happened to me. Al of my attacks under 100 accuracy missed, but Blizzard manages to hit me. In that match I also got hit by critical hits like 5 times, and I got paralyzed. That is luck my friends.  

PhoenixBlade983

Pachulo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:12 am
Yeah lets go with the Battle Tower idea 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:08 am
paleHorse91
fear

ed  

Shigeru the Hero

Crazily_Cool_Kyle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:36 am
The battle tower sounds good.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:43 am
Shigeru K
Aka skill right?

smogon is a source for knowledge and how you apply that knowledge really decides the battle.

How is it skill if anyone can do it easily.  

Deathguiser

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:46 am
Deathguiser
Shigeru K
Aka skill right?

smogon is a source for knowledge and how you apply that knowledge really decides the battle.

I meant predicting btw.

I doubt a newcomer would be able to predict properly even with extensive knowledge of game mechanics.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:50 am
Shigeru K
Deathguiser
Shigeru K
Aka skill right?

I meant predicting btw.

I doubt a newcomer would be able to predict properly even with extensive knowledge of game mechanics.

I believe I mentioned in my earlier post that predicting was the only real
bit of skill in the game -_-  

Deathguiser

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:52 am
Deathguiser
Shigeru K
Deathguiser
Shigeru K
Aka skill right?

I meant predicting btw.

Exactly, I was agreeing with you by saying that it's the skill part of the game.

And people can easily predict better than others, but it's mainly experience in a sense.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:32 am
Shigeru K
Deathguiser
Shigeru K
Deathguiser
Shigeru K
Aka skill right?

I meant predicting btw.

Exactly, I was agreeing with you by saying that it's the skill part of the game.

And people can easily predict better than others, but it's mainly experience in a sense.

Ok, I thought you were saying another part of game was skill.  

Deathguiser

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:48 am
There are really only 3 factors in battles: knowledge, luck, and prediction. Luck and prediction seem to be deciding factors more often than knowledge, though, but if a Pokémon team has messed-up natures and isn't EV trained, one trainer has a significant advantage over the other.
Knowledge goes into team building, and luck determines which team counters the other team better (assuming both trainers have no knowledge of their opponent's team). Besides that, random instances of luck and good/bad predictions pretty much determine who wins.

In other words, there really is no best battler, because someone else could beat them 20 times just by getting good luck. There is a difference between good and bad battlers, and a difference between good and better battlers, though, which is why we still battle.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:45 pm
darkslasherX
There are really only 3 factors in battles: knowledge, luck, and prediction. Luck and prediction seem to be deciding factors more often than knowledge, though, but if a Pokémon team has messed-up natures and isn't EV trained, one trainer has a significant advantage over the other.
Knowledge goes into team building, and luck determines which team counters the other team better (assuming both trainers have no knowledge of their opponent's team). Besides that, random instances of luck and good/bad predictions pretty much determine who wins.

In other words, there really is no best battler, because someone else could beat them 20 times just by getting good luck. There is a difference between good and bad battlers, and a difference between good and better battlers, though, which is why we still battle.

Only prediction is skill. Knowledge is just, well knowledge.  

Deathguiser

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:35 pm
Deathguiser
darkslasherX

Only prediction is skill. Knowledge is just, well knowledge.

Well knowledge really = your skill, and prediction comes down to luck when both trainers are knowledgeable.

Wait, what are we arguing about?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces