Ridley of Metroid
  Krystal of Star Fox
  Megaman of Rockman
View Results

Joey-X

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:49 pm
Elfe de Sang
Tigerzero
The creator of brawl is a douche, he ruined the one game I ever waited for and wanted. Checking updates after updates, smash boards, waiting... and waiting. The only character I ever wanted to be in brawl was Mewtwo. I'm torn by the fact that they added R.O.B. a ******** robot who isnt even a ******** character, just some crappy accesory for a crappy game. He made more clones again, 2 clones of Fox, made Ganondorf a clone AGAIN, Falco is a clone again, Jigglypuff? What a joke. Then there is Lucario, the only reason he is so popular was because of that awful movie that all the kids just loved because Lucario was such a "badass" and so cool with the two ball sacks hanging off the back of his head. It proves how being popular will always rule. Mewtwo, in his movies was the powerful misunderstood outcast, and in Melee he was an outcast there too, " the crappy character, bottom tier, waste of time pokemon." But like Taj has proven that tier is complete bullshit. Its so much more to me then it is to other. I understand how much you wanted this one character, Sonic, Geno, Lucario, Ridly, Baby bowser. Well half the people got what they wanted, the other half hasnt. Why? Who knows. Anyway, there is my rant.

R.I.P. Mewtwo

I hardly ever see Taj do good unless he's being Marth or he's fighting another low-tier main, like Gimpyfish.

Personally, I think Lucario looks cool. His headband-thing doesn't look anything like testicles, in my opinion. I don't see any legitimacy in your movie argument, though- Mewtwo only made it into the game because he was in a movie, the exact reason you say doesn't make Lucario worth it. And unlike Mewtwo, Lucario is the mascot of a whole Pokemon generation.

Good I'm glad someone has some sense. Of course though I have a feeling that Lucario might be in brawl the same way pikachu is.(They are both mascots) However some of them like Jigglipuff(or however you spell it) shouldn't be in it anymore. Everyone who knows brawl knows that our pink puffer is only there because of its seldom random appearances in pokemon.(They don't even do that anymore where Puff is in some episodes it stopped somewhere around Ash's jhoto adventure.
Sorry but mew2 isn't really that good. He's slow and doesn't have a good assortment of moves. They are mostly assistance moves to help with a combo. And besides Lucario's frame makes it easier to 1,make, and 2 design to fight.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:39 pm
SilentBlackTiger
Tigerzero
The creator of brawl is a douche, he ruined the one game I ever waited for and wanted. Checking updates after updates, smash boards, waiting... and waiting. The only character I ever wanted to be in brawl was Mewtwo. I'm torn by the fact that they added R.O.B. a ******** robot who isnt even a ******** character, just some crappy accesory for a crappy game. He made more clones again, 2 clones of Fox, made Ganondorf a clone AGAIN, Falco is a clone again, Jigglypuff? What a joke. Then there is Lucario, the only reason he is so popular was because of that awful movie that all the kids just loved because Lucario was such a "badass" and so cool with the two ball sacks hanging off the back of his head. It proves how being popular will always rule. Mewtwo, in his movies was the powerful misunderstood outcast, and in Melee he was an outcast there too, " the crappy character, bottom tier, waste of time pokemon." But like Taj has proven that tier is complete bullshit. Its so much more to me then it is to other. I understand how much you wanted this one character, Sonic, Geno, Lucario, Ridly, Baby bowser. Well half the people got what they wanted, the other half hasnt. Why? Who knows. Anyway, there is my rant.

R.I.P. Mewtwo

Be happy there is a Brawl. We almost didn't get one. I'm sure that since you're gonna be a baby about this (and that this is the internet, and my opinion doesn't matter), you won't care.

But deal with it. This happens to games ALL THE TIME. This game was created in HIS vision. Not yours. No one elses but his. You don't like; fine. Don't play. But don't call him a douche for making a game he wanted.

At least you're not complaining about wavedashing being out. stare

Wavedashing is out?! WHAT? That douche ruined the game! What an a*****e!

...kidding, of course.

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:04 am
Melomaniacal
SilentBlackTiger
Tigerzero

R.I.P. Mewtwo

Be happy there is a Brawl. We almost didn't get one. I'm sure that since you're gonna be a baby about this (and that this is the internet, and my opinion doesn't matter), you won't care.

But deal with it. This happens to games ALL THE TIME. This game was created in HIS vision. Not yours. No one elses but his. You don't like; fine. Don't play. But don't call him a douche for making a game he wanted.

At least you're not complaining about wavedashing being out. stare

Wavedashing is out?! WHAT? That douche ruined the game! What an a*****e!

...kidding, of course.

XD  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:33 am
A couple of things..

First off, Sorry Tigerzero, Mewtwo did suck in Melee. the fact that you can name only one Mewtwo Pro (Taj, who as Elfe de Sang pointed out, sucks until he goes to Marth) shows this fact.

Moving on, I can't really complain with the roster considering my most requested Newcomer (King Dedede) made it in. That being said I can see people being dissapointed with the roster but I don't think you can really complain about it. 39 Playable chars is a respectable number (People forget ZSS, Shiek, and Red's three) A few choices can make you go WTF? but you need to expect that from Sakurai. I can even explain why some people did not make it in:

Krystal: Despite her possibility of a new moveset. Wolf has seniority, and has been a requested character ever since SSB64. Also it is to note that as of the end of Star fox command. Krystal is a member of Star Wolf. Why would they put a member of star wolf in over the leader of Star Wolf?

Geno: It's SquareEnix, you should be used to it.

Bowser Jr: This is the one that broke my heart but after his big role in Sunshine, he fell to lackey status in Galaxy. He did not even appear in Mario Kart DS, yet ROB did.

Ridley: Japan hates the Metroid Prime series. It's to the point that Nintendo almost did not release MP3 in the far east. Americans got there number one pick in Sonic (Who only has a lukewarm reception in Japan. Possibly because they figured out that his 3D games suck) After giving America that fanservice all remaining character requests that were fulfilled were from Japan (See: Lucas)

Claus: Does Mother really need a third rep? In addition to his name being spoilers. they had to make room for Ness (The veteran) first. It's a simple game of numbers.

Megaman: It takes more then you think to get a third party character in. I'm surprised they got two.

Blaziken: With Dexoys, (The original choice for a 3rd gen rep) Munchlax, (Who has a big role in the anime, or so I've heard) Gardevoir, (Who has popularity nearing Jigglypuff's/Pikachu's level in Japan) Meowth, (Again, Anime) and Mewtwo (A vetern) all being pokeball'd (or in mewtwo's case, cut) There was not a chance in hell for Blaziken, sorry.

There I hope that puts some complaining to rest. Anyone else you guys are wondering about?  

IceStormV1

LadyLink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:45 am
It's a pretty good roster... (Some definite surprises.) But I would gladly give up some of those characters to have Roy back. (Maybe trade Ike for Roy... Come on, do we really need two Fire Emblem characters with blue hair? Haha...)
I mean, yeah Roy was a clone of Marth, but still, what about all the other clones that got to keep their place? (Come on! Toon Link!? WTH??? He's not even a new person!) They could have at least kept him and changed some of his attacks....  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:08 pm
LadyLink
It's a pretty good roster... (Some definite surprises.) But I would gladly give up some of those characters to have Roy back. (Maybe trade Ike for Roy... Come on, do we really need two Fire Emblem characters with blue hair? Haha...)
I mean, yeah Roy was a clone of Marth, but still, what about all the other clones that got to keep their place? (Come on! Toon Link!? WTH??? He's not even a new person!) They could have at least kept him and changed some of his attacks....

I think Roy could've been a good person for the roster if he wasn't a clone. Ike was probably chosen over him due to Ike being more recent compared to him.

Watching his animations on his game, Roy could've had quite a good moveset and a style completely different from Marth's.  

Tremere Lich

Mana Spirit Luna

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:41 pm
IceStormV1
A couple of things..

First off, Sorry Tigerzero, Mewtwo did suck in Melee. the fact that you can name only one Mewtwo Pro (Taj, who as Elfe de Sang pointed out, sucks until he goes to Marth) shows this fact.

Moving on, I can't really complain with the roster considering my most requested Newcomer (King Dedede) made it in. That being said I can see people being dissapointed with the roster but I don't think you can really complain about it. 39 Playable chars is a respectable number (People forget ZSS, Shiek, and Red's three) A few choices can make you go WTF? but you need to expect that from Sakurai. I can even explain why some people did not make it in:

Krystal: Despite her possibility of a new moveset. Wolf has seniority, and has been a requested character ever since SSB64. Also it is to note that as of the end of Star fox command. Krystal is a member of Star Wolf. Why would they put a member of star wolf in over the leader of Star Wolf?

Bowser Jr: This is the one that broke my heart but after his big role in Sunshine, he fell to lackey status in Galaxy. He did not even appear in Mario Kart DS, yet ROB did.

Ridley: Japan hates the Metroid Prime series. It's to the point that Nintendo almost did not release MP3 in the far east. Americans got there number one pick in Sonic (Who only has a lukewarm reception in Japan. Possibly because they figured out that his 3D games suck) After giving America that fanservice all remaining character requests that were fulfilled were from Japan (See: Lucas)

Claus: Does Mother really need a third rep? In addition to his name being spoilers. they had to make room for Ness (The veteran) first. It's a simple game of numbers.

Megaman: It takes more then you think to get a third party character in. I'm surprised they got two.

Blaziken: With Dexoys, (The original choice for a 3rd gen rep) Munchlax, (Who has a big role in the anime, or so I've heard) Gardevoir, (Who has popularity nearing Jigglypuff's/Pikachu's level in Japan) Meowth, (Again, Anime) and Mewtwo (A vetern) all being pokeball'd (or in mewtwo's case, cut) There was not a chance in hell for Blaziken, sorry.

There I hope that puts some complaining to rest. Anyone else you guys are wondering about?

Pokemon Trainer and Sheik are not considered speret characters.

Sheik was never considered speret from Zelda because shiek does not appear on the roster with her own square + shares zelda damage %. more or less shiek and the pokemon from pokemon trainer are considered extended move sets rather then characters.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:40 pm
Ahhhh... I was going to post the roster if no one did late last night, but it seems some one did already ^^

OK, for the people who wanted KOS-MOS in.... *smacks with a newspaper* Just 'cause Nintendo bought the company doesn't mean they get to throw in the company's character. Sega's Sonic was in as Sega had the longest running rivelry with Ninendo's Mario.

And for the people who hated to see Rob in... ...why? He's a throw back to something old and forgoten, and I'd rather have something thrown back then something overly popular any time. Marth was kinda a doulbe there... He's uber popular and IS the face of Fire Emblem in Japan, but here (like when he showed up in Melee), he was some person who was thought to be a girl and was never heard of (excluding the Fire Emblem fans). OK. Rob wasn't in a game. But I think he's a great joke character throw back. Look at how many people liked how Snake was in the game. He too is a throw back. His games were started on the Nintendo ya know. My favorite throw backs are Pit and Meta Knight though.... I would say D3, but after seeing him work, meh...... Oh, and speaking of throw backs, out of all the characters named from people, Megaman looked to be like a neat choice (him and Bomberman). All the "OMFG Spiro/Bandacoot/(some other guy not Nintendo here)" that I couldn't stand to see for Brawl =p

Characters I'd like to be in woulda leaned with Krystal and Geno too. Krystal would be not only cool (not to mention another female character), but she'd be pretty neat to see as the first staff user, and Geno, even though he's a Squeenix character technically, would have been a really badass throw back. A non-throw back character I'd like to have seen too was Vaati. Yeah, yet another Zelda rep, but Vaati looked cool, was pretty neat, and had awesome hair. Much better then the downgrade of Y. Link to Celda Link.

Does everyone know the Final Smash moves for the characters yet or should they be posted? I don't remember the link to that or the taunts, but they were fairly easy to find on Youtube.

Marcious Pharoe

6,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100

Tremere Lich

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:00 pm
Marcious Pharoe
Ahhhh... I was going to post the roster if no one did late last night, but it seems some one did already ^^

OK, for the people who wanted KOS-MOS in.... *smacks with a newspaper* Just 'cause Nintendo bought the company doesn't mean they get to throw in the company's character. Sega's Sonic was in as Sega had the longest running rivelry with Ninendo's Mario.

And for the people who hated to see Rob in... ...why? He's a throw back to something old and forgoten, and I'd rather have something thrown back then something overly popular any time. Marth was kinda a doulbe there... He's uber popular and IS the face of Fire Emblem in Japan, but here (like when he showed up in Melee), he was some person who was thought to be a girl and was never heard of (excluding the Fire Emblem fans). OK. Rob wasn't in a game. But I think he's a great joke character throw back. Look at how many people liked how Snake was in the game. He too is a throw back. His games were started on the Nintendo ya know. My favorite throw backs are Pit and Meta Knight though.... I would say D3, but after seeing him work, meh...... Oh, and speaking of throw backs, out of all the characters named from people, Megaman looked to be like a neat choice (him and Bomberman). All the "OMFG Spiro/Bandacoot/(some other guy not Nintendo here)" that I couldn't stand to see for Brawl =p

Characters I'd like to be in woulda leaned with Krystal and Geno too. Krystal would be not only cool (not to mention another female character), but she'd be pretty neat to see as the first staff user, and Geno, even though he's a Squeenix character technically, would have been a really badass throw back. A non-throw back character I'd like to have seen too was Vaati. Yeah, yet another Zelda rep, but Vaati looked cool, was pretty neat, and had awesome hair. Much better then the downgrade of Y. Link to Celda Link.

Does everyone know the Final Smash moves for the characters yet or should they be posted? I don't remember the link to that or the taunts, but they were fairly easy to find on Youtube.

I think it's kind of funny that you are telling us it doesn't make sense to add KOS-MOS (even if Nintendo owns them; she would be first-party), then you go on and support the idea of Geno (a no-name third-party character that has only been a playable character in one game nearly 11 years ago).

No one has posted anything about the Final Smashes, so if you want to make a list of them, I don't see the harm in it. Finding them all on YouTube ain't that hard, anyways.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:35 pm
Elfe de Sang
I think it's kind of funny that you are telling us it doesn't make sense to add KOS-MOS (even if Nintendo owns them; she would be first-party), then you go on and support the idea of Geno (a no-name third-party character that has only been a playable character in one game nearly 11 years ago).

No one has posted anything about the Final Smashes, so if you want to make a list of them, I don't see the harm in it. Finding them all on YouTube ain't that hard, anyways.

Ummm... Nintendo are bringing back ORIGINAL characters. KOS-MOS wouldn't be that good of a character to throw in. She isn't a Nintendo character nor was she on any of the systems. And Geno was on the SNES and I didn't say Geno was a 100% Nintendo character, I said he was Squeenix (Square Enix which I refuse to seriously call it). Besides, Geno was WITH Mario. Geno and Mallow were Squeenix characters on a Nintendo sytem with Nintendo characters. And Super Mario RPG is by far the most memorable game for anyone who truely had an SNES before the Playstation and newer gen stuff. And he was my personal choice, not a "why didn't 'Tendo throw him in?" thing. The only third-party character I would like to see is Klonoa as he's cute and would have a nice build for the Smash Bros. world.

Look at the Brawl roster... Original Nintendo characters, starred back on even the NES, throw back characters that are/were forgotten, characters easily modable for Brawl. And my back up for Sonic and Snake were already stated in the other post of mine here.

Naw. Not going to post the Final Smashes. I don't know most of the names still.

Oh, one last note.... Rob wasn't just a toy. He was a guest in a couple games and was a character in Star Tropics ^^. Forgot to mention that.

Marcious Pharoe

6,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100

pajama monkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:44 pm
Mana Spirit Luna
IceStormV1
A couple of things..

Pokemon Trainer and Sheik are not considered speret characters.

Sheik was never considered speret from Zelda because shiek does not appear on the roster with her own square + shares zelda damage %. more or less shiek and the pokemon from pokemon trainer are considered extended move sets rather then characters.

they ARE considered seperate
basically, no body uses skiek and zelda
they use shiek or zelda  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:46 pm
Marcious Pharoe
Ummm... Nintendo are bringing back ORIGINAL characters. KOS-MOS wouldn't be that good of a character to throw in. She isn't a Nintendo character nor was she on any of the systems. And Geno was on the SNES and I didn't say Geno was a 100% Nintendo character, I said he was Squeenix (Square Enix which I refuse to seriously call it). Besides, Geno was WITH Mario. Geno and Mallow were Squeenix characters on a Nintendo sytem with Nintendo characters. And Super Mario RPG is by far the most memorable game for anyone who truely had an SNES before the Playstation and newer gen stuff. And he was my personal choice, not a "why didn't 'Tendo throw him in?" thing. The only third-party character I would like to see is Klonoa as he's cute and would have a nice build for the Smash Bros. world.

Look at the Brawl roster... Original Nintendo characters, starred back on even the NES, throw back characters that are/were forgotten, characters easily modable for Brawl. And my back up for Sonic and Snake were already stated in the other post of mine here.

Naw. Not going to post the Final Smashes. I don't know most of the names still.

Oh, one last note.... Rob wasn't just a toy. He was a guest in a couple games and was a character in Star Tropics ^^. Forgot to mention that.

Unlike what most people think, it would've been hard for Nintendo to get the rights to use Geno in Brawl. Although he would fit in quite well with the Mario world, Square Enix wouldn't sign over usage of him. They would have put in one of many other characters from their games (more than likely a Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy character). The addition of KOS-MOS would be less work for Sakurai to acquire the use of, since she is first-party; also, you are wrong about KOS-MOS never being on a Nintendo system, as she was on the DS (Xenosaga I&II).

As for Mario RPG being the most memorable game from the SNES, a whole community of people rank Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III, Link to the Past, Earthbound and Super Mario World over Mario RPG.

Quote:
Ummm... Nintendo are bringing back ORIGINAL characters

See: Sonic the Hedgehog, Snake

You forgot to mention R.O.B. is also a playable character in Mario Kart DS.  

Tremere Lich

Marcious Pharoe

6,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:36 am
Elfe de Sang
Unlike what most people think, it would've been hard for Nintendo to get the rights to use Geno in Brawl. Although he would fit in quite well with the Mario world, Square Enix wouldn't sign over usage of him. They would have put in one of many other characters from their games (more than likely a Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy character). The addition of KOS-MOS would be less work for Sakurai to acquire the use of, since she is first-party; also, you are wrong about KOS-MOS never being on a Nintendo system, as she was on the DS (Xenosaga I&II).

As for Mario RPG being the most memorable game from the SNES, a whole community of people rank Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III, Link to the Past, Earthbound and Super Mario World over Mario RPG.

See: Sonic the Hedgehog, Snake

You forgot to mention R.O.B. is also a playable character in Mario Kart DS.

Ok, like I said, once before, Geno was in the Nintendo Universe AND was memorable and worked with Mario, and was a PERSONAL choice and would have a better shot to be molded for Brawl. And I realize Chrono Trigger etc. etc. and the like are also memorable, but I didn't say it was THE most memorable. The point of view of me saying how Nintendo was using older throw back characters and Geno would be one, and the fact I was on the topic of Geno (not Chrono or Cecil), that's why I mentioned that he was in a memorable game.

As for the fact of Xenosaga: I don't know about the DS game(s). But let's say I was just a strait Nintendo fan (which I'm pretty close to), why would I know of this KOS-MOS? I'd be looking for Nintendo characters from Nintendo games and would like to see RELATED Nintendo characters modded (if they can be) for Smash Bros. You see, KOS-MOS wouldn't fit down into the Smash Bros. format and I doubt the popularity of the DS game(s) would let her in JUST because they JUST now own a company that worked on the Xenosaga.

Now, as for Sonic and Snake, which I just already pointed out to look at the first post I made in this topic...............

Sonic: Sonic is the Sega rep. Sega is pretty much owned by Nintendo. But looking on how Sonic and Sega had been the longest rivalry with Nintendo, now that Sega and Nintendo are on the same boat here, putting Sonic in is a nice throw back to the days where Mario and Sonic duked it out (and now they can, but on the battle field of Smash Bros.).

Snake: Snake had been on games well before the Playstation Metal Gear Solid stuff. Like, the Metal Gear games on the NES. Nintendo said they'd throw in a third party guy. Snake is popular AND was with Nintendo back in the day. Hmmmm.... popularity AND being on the NES??? Why, yes, I can see why he was able to be put in. And on top of all of that, Hideo Kojima wanted Snake in Brawl as he was a fan of Smash Bros.

Oh, and the last note of Rob being in the DS Mario Kart... Don't have that game (was thinking to get it, but then no job happened).

Now then, I want to state one more time... I only said I'd like Geno in as a personal thing. I know Squeenix owns him. I didn't say they didn't. I was just saying since he was in a great game (not THE number one best), was in the Mario 'Verse, could be modeled into a Smash Bros. fighter, and is memorable.

And to make a list of my point of characters being throw backs and being on Nintendo games (mostly the older systems) and/or reasons why they are in:

Bowser : The face of evil for Nintendo/NES guy
C. Falcon: F-Zero guy/popular character/SNES guy
Diddy Kong: DK side kick/popular character/SNES guy
Donkey Kong: DK guy/once Mario villian/NES guy
Falco: Star Fox guy/SNES guy
Fox: Star Fox guy/SNES guy
Ganondorf: Ocarina of Time guy/Link villian/N64 guy
Ice Climbers: NES characters/throw back
Ike: Fire Emblem new guy/GCN-Wii guy
Jigglypuff: Pokemon guy-gal/popular character/GB character
King Dedede: Kirby villian/NES guy/throw back
Kirby: Kirby guy/NES guy
Link: Twilight Zelda guy/newer design/Wii guy
Lucario: Pokemon guy-gal/popular character/Pokemon switch (Mewtwo)/DS character
Lucas: Mother 3 guy/GBA guy
Luigi: Mario brother/NES guy
Mario: Nintendo hero and face
Marth: THE face of Fire Emblem/popular character/throw back/NES guy
Meta Knight: Kirby guy/popular character/throw back/SNES guy
Mr. Game & Watch: G&W guy/throw back/joke character
Ness: Earthbound guy/throw back/SNES guy
Peach: The princess in need/NES gal
Pikachu: Pokemon guy/popular character/GB guy
Olimar: Pikmin guy/GCN guy
Pit: Kid Icarus guy/throw back/NES guy
Pokémon Trainer: Pokemon guy/new character thought/GBC guy
R.O.B.: Game accessory/throw back/joke character/NES guy
Samus Aran/Zero suit: Metroid gal/new look-character use/GBA gal
Celda Link: Wind Waker guy/GCN guy/character switch (Young Link)
Wario: Mario annoyance guy/popular character/GB guy
Wolf O'Donnell: Star Fox villian/SNES guy
Yoshi: Yoshi guy-Mario side kick/SNES guy
Zelda: Twilight Princess gal/new look/Wii gal
Shiek: Ocarina of Time guy/N64 guy

Solid Snake : was asked to be in/popular character/NES guy

Sonic the Hedgehog: throw back to Sega's rivalry/popular character/Sega guy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:26 pm
Marcious Pharoe
Ok, like I said, once before, Geno was in the Nintendo Universe AND was memorable and worked with Mario, and was a PERSONAL choice and would have a better shot to be molded for Brawl. And I realize Chrono Trigger etc. etc. and the like are also memorable, but I didn't say it was THE most memorable. The point of view of me saying how Nintendo was using older throw back characters and Geno would be one, and the fact I was on the topic of Geno (not Chrono or Cecil), that's why I mentioned that he was in a memorable game.

As for the fact of Xenosaga: I don't know about the DS game(s). But let's say I was just a strait Nintendo fan (which I'm pretty close to), why would I know of this KOS-MOS? I'd be looking for Nintendo characters from Nintendo games and would like to see RELATED Nintendo characters modded (if they can be) for Smash Bros. You see, KOS-MOS wouldn't fit down into the Smash Bros. format and I doubt the popularity of the DS game(s) would let her in JUST because they JUST now own a company that worked on the Xenosaga.

Now, as for Sonic and Snake, which I just already pointed out to look at the first post I made in this topic...............

Sonic: Sonic is the Sega rep. Sega is pretty much owned by Nintendo. But looking on how Sonic and Sega had been the longest rivalry with Nintendo, now that Sega and Nintendo are on the same boat here, putting Sonic in is a nice throw back to the days where Mario and Sonic duked it out (and now they can, but on the battle field of Smash Bros.).

Snake: Snake had been on games well before the Playstation Metal Gear Solid stuff. Like, the Metal Gear games on the NES. Nintendo said they'd throw in a third party guy. Snake is popular AND was with Nintendo back in the day. Hmmmm.... popularity AND being on the NES??? Why, yes, I can see why he was able to be put in. And on top of all of that, Hideo Kojima wanted Snake in Brawl as he was a fan of Smash Bros.

Oh, and the last note of Rob being in the DS Mario Kart... Don't have that game (was thinking to get it, but then no job happened).

Now then, I want to state one more time... I only said I'd like Geno in as a personal thing. I know Squeenix owns him. I didn't say they didn't. I was just saying since he was in a great game (not THE number one best), was in the Mario 'Verse, could be modeled into a Smash Bros. fighter, and is memorable.

I know that you are trying to tell me that Geno is a good character to put in due to his starring in a Mario game, but my point is that there is not much of a chance for him to get in. He would be very good to jump into the Nintendo battle as I've stated; it's just unrealistic to see him getting in over any most other Square-Enix characters.

As for the fact of Geno: I didn't know who he was until I joined Smash World Forums. Many of my friends didn't know either (most of us being part of the hardcore smash community). I doubt the popularity of the NES game would let him in JUST because it was a good game and he is getting his fifteen minutes of fame with the Brawl character guessings.

I never said that Sonic and Snake weren't very good characters for the game; I love the fact they are in the game. When I said "See: Sonic the Hedgehog, Snake", I was using it to show that Nintendo isn't only throwing in only original characters. Seeing as Sonic started on the Genesis and Snake started on the MSX2 (Not the NES; it was ported to the NES due to popularity), I thought it was good to put them up for reference against only originals.
Sega isn't 'pretty much owned' by Nintendo; it is still a major software producer, not a subsidary to anyone. Just to reinforce this thought, some of the most popular recent games (Sonic the Hedgehog and Yakuza) weren't even released on the Wii.

Can we drop this discussion on Geno? I've already had more than my fair share of arguments about Geno on SWF and I'm getting tired of it. I wouldn't of even said anything if you didn't make fun of the idea of KOS-MOS' inclusion.  

Tremere Lich

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:27 am
The fanbase for Geno is actually quite large;

While you may not see it this way (not telling you to either), there has been a huge amount of support (er... was) for Geno in both america and japan.

I no longer have the link, but the Japan character polls supported both Geno and Ridley in the top 5 (for a country that hates Metroid, they sure wanted Ridley...).

I'm not gonna sit here and argue. I've raised my points. I don't care anymore.  
Super Smash Bros. Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff